The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Whole game basically so both Vortex and Mortal Empires though you'll see it most in Mortal Empires. 

It's no surprise to me that they've spent a lot of time on the turn time aspect, esp as Warhammer 3 is likely to increase the impact with even more factions. 

This is the most exciting news of the lot for TTW players!

Legit that new Eshin Triads unit and the Eshin Sorcerer in TTW would imo fit pretty well in AoS, once again the devs are killing it with new unit designs that feel like they should exist in AoS the other being the entirety of the Vampire Coast. If they ever make Clan specific battletomes I really hope we see something like those units if they do as well as a return of the Deathrunner.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The mortal empires end turn has been reduced from 5minutes to 30 seconds 👌🏻

Woah, this sounds like a real huge improvement to the game. While mortal empires always was a great idea, the turn end mechanic was just a super whiff and i've stayed with the maelstrom campaigns. Time to rock that skarsnik campaign!

On 12/12/2019 at 9:09 AM, Dreadmund said:

What's currently the best estimate for that big Winter FAQ we're supposed to be getting? Think it will coincide with the Slaves to Darkness FAQ or will we get it a few weeks later? Is it actually confirmed to be happening?

I want to second this question.  Has there been any indication at all, anywhere?

• Like 2

I was just coming on to ask about the FAQ and Base Sizes, any rumors of rumors of updates?  

I come here and am like -

(Topic) = (Skaven) or (AoS rumors or leaks of Enemy’s of Skaven) then Read.  

Anything else, Warcry, computer games, I pass on reading.  I have effectively cured my OCD to limit 1 game system 1 army.  So much less stress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

I was just coming on to ask about the FAQ and Base Sizes, any rumors of rumors of updates?  

Anything else, Warcry, computer games, I pass on reading.  I have effectively cured my OCD to limit 1 game system 1 army.  So much less stress.

Timestamped with the FAQ rumor:

17 hours ago, Coyote said:

I am starting to think Skaven dont exist though. I really want an all-eshin release. Maybe a more elite focused Eshin army.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

Does anybody remember when did GW start their Gloomspite tease on w-c.com? I'm afraid we are not getting Christmas reveal this year as they've alredy put that holiday decoration on their page and it's pointing at nothing except the red gobbo.

Since we've just had Ossiarchs I wouldn't expect a big reveal for AoS. At most, I think we'll see Kharadrons/Lizardmen Battletome reveals at New Years Open Day.  Maybe then something in spring shortly before 9th 40k lands (if the rumours/theories are true)  and all focus is on that for half a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

Does anybody remember when did GW start their Gloomspite tease on w-c.com? I'm afraid we are not getting Christmas reveal this year as they've alredy put that holiday decoration on their page and it's pointing at nothing except the red gobbo.

The video in Warhammer TV was presented the 24, and the Warhammer Community website was suffering from fungoid-plague during the 4 or 5 days before the official  announcement.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, GW has already announced the next Psychic Awakening trailer will air on Dec 25, so I'm not expecting any AoS surprises this time around.

Which makes sense honestly, because I don't think we will see any big releases in January. January will have Sisters, another PA book, and probably Warcry Monsters/Cards, maybe the Spire Tyrants.

The next AoS battletomes will probably show in February, and be teased during the Jan 4 open day. I think we'll get the next new AoS army late spring/early summer, announced in March.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Scion of flame art  seen on dakka, from Warcry champion's tome:

5092a11ce7655b82a0a76c7c7258c1ea_61979.jpg

as someone who has painted all of the first wave of Chaos warbands, I'm am really happy to see that the Scions seem to wear fire-protective gear, and as such aren't 70% bare skin that takes hours to paint :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dawnmane said:

as someone who has painted all of the first wave of Chaos warbands, I'm am really happy to see that the Scions seem to wear fire-protective gear, and as such aren't 70% bare skin that takes hours to paint :)

Have you heard about our lord and saviour, Guilliman Flesh?

10 minutes ago, michu said:

Have you heard about our lord and saviour, Guilliman Flesh?

I don't really think it does anything Reikland Fleshshade over Kislev Flesh doesn't do - and even if I used it I still do 4 steps of layers after that - and that's just for the Caucasian folks in the Bloodwind Spoil - all the other skin tones are even harder to paint imo

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

Not really AoS related.

Alas not. I wondered briefly whether I could make a cool Kharadron Conversion out of it, but I think its just too distinctly 40K. I think I speak for all classic Dispossessed/ Dwarf players when I say can we please just have more proper dwarves! A non gimmicky Grombrindal would be a delight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Alas not. I wondered briefly whether I could make a cool Kharadron Conversion out of it, but I think its just too distinctly 40K. I think I speak for all classic Dispossessed/ Dwarf players when I say can we please just have more proper dwarves! A non gimmicky Grombrindal would be a delight.

I don't know, I think you could get him look non-mechanicus enough to work as a Khardon Overlord. I just hate when the do this in store only non-sense. Especially if it's like the store anniversary models where they run out quickly and one trip to the store is wasted to just put in an order for in then you have to come back to pick it up later. I'm not sure that 3-4 hours of driving(depending on traffic) is worth one model.

• Like 4