The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Welp, I fully acknowledge I was wrong on this.  I stand by the fact that this doesn't seem complete.  

You don't and never have needed minis in the box for Warhammer Quest once you have a core kit and a shelf of GW minis.  I really like that they seem to be moving back to this design.

Ofc until I read the books I will withhold a final judgement.

I appreciate there are plenty people who liked the other box for all the cool new minis but the game itself and how you can drive your party forward into new adventures using the material from the two boxsets now out is more interesting.

Basically the fans of WHQ want the material to play a kind an ongoing light-D&D campaign with their GW minis.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Hammerhal unboxing by GW is live:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/16/unboxing-the-new-warhammer-quest/

Actually the most interesting bit to me. Hope I can get my hands on one, could be the first proper free cities illustrations.

Also, some closer look pictures of the Stormcast battletome at War of Sigmar.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1714

The Aquilor bare head is male after all. Unsurprisingly, I am afraid:/

Im the same.basically going to spend 90 quid on 30 pages of lore

14 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Welp, I fully acknowledge I was wrong on this.  I stand by the fact that this doesn't seem complete.  

The haphazard selection of Chaos dedications in the selected opponents propably bothers me the most.

But "All new heroes and villains" was certainly promising to much on this set. This is no Silver Tower or Deathwatch:Overkill.

That is ok, as long as they still do other sets like those. I really liked the preview and testing ground format, though I appreciate it is a rather major investment from GW to do sets like that.

24 minutes ago, Turragor said:

You don't and never have needed minis in the box for Warhammer Quest once you have a core kit and a shelf of GW minis.  I really like that they seem to be moving back to this design.

Ofc until I read the books I will withhold a final judgement.

I appreciate there are plenty people who liked the other box for all the cool new minis but the game itself and how you can drive your party forward into new adventures using the material from the two boxsets now out is more interesting.

Basically the fans of WHQ want the material to play a kind an ongoing light-D&D campaign with their GW minis.

Oh, from a gamers point of view you are absolutely correct about WHQ, which was always an inbetweener to Roleplaygame, Boardgame and Wargame.

From a Miniature collector and builder persective, though, it is still quite a bit of a disappointment (which, for the record, does not mean some sort of offense to me).

1 hour ago, CJPT said:

Price matters here, as that's 31 models to Silver Tower's 50. If they provide enough extra rules to allow for exotic adversaries and so on, I think the game sounds pretty promising. But I'd want to see it cost less than £95.

But if you were to make individual purchases of the models in the box, the savings are definitely still there. I, too, would hope for a reduced price with respect to the Silver Tower, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.

Hammerhal ends up at £135 worth of miniatures. 

post-49417-by-grabthars-hammer-what-a-sav-yAuK.gif

But for reals, that's good value for fully pose-able kits. I want The Sorcerer and the Blightkings anyway,  which is £45, I might as well just get Hammerhal and have a ton of models extra for the difference. Wouldn't mind painting a few Order and some of those new Tzeentch things to breaks up the malignant, glutinous piles that are my Nurgle. 

• Like 2

Those pictures of the Death World terrain are so much better than the White Dwarf ones. Still, the price is quite steep, I hope it gets split into smaller terrain kits later on.

Personaly, I see these better used in bits to spice up basing and terrain projects, rather than massed on the field.

2 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Nurgle-corrupted Realm of Life. Done deal.

Bah, this is clearly the warping power of the Great Mutator at work, none of Nurgles foetid little gardening projects:P

2 hours ago, MidasKiss said:

New 40K Death World forest scenery is awesome looking

01-01 (1).jpg

01-01 (2).jpg

01-01.jpg

99120199043_DeathWorldForest05.jpg

These look awesome. I've literally been waiting to play on a proper deathworld jungle board since I was 10 in 1995. 

I really hope warhammer world use these kits to make an amazing playing board in Nottingham 

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Those pictures of the Death World terrain are so much better than the White Dwarf ones. Still, the price is quite steep, I hope it gets split into smaller terrain kits later on.

Personaly, I see these better used in bits to spice up basing and terrain projects, rather than massed on the field.

Bah, this is clearly the warping power of the Great Mutator at work, none of Nurgles foetid little gardening projects:P

I think the way white dwarf worded it was that the set containing all the scenery was a bundle of all the separate sets plus some additional sets that would not be released separately 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Hammerhal unboxing by GW is live:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/16/unboxing-the-new-warhammer-quest/

Actually the most interesting bit to me. Hope I can get my hands on one, could be the first proper free cities illustrations.

I'm sure that I will pick this up, but will say that my initial impression was "where are the spiders, bats and rats?".  Personally the biggest thing missing in the two new format WHQ boxes has been the random encounters with things that live in a dungeon!  But I'm encouraged by the move towards a more generic format.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm sure that I will pick this up, but will say that my initial impression was "where are the spiders, bats and rats?".  Personally the biggest thing missing in the two new format WHQ boxes has been the random encounters with things that live in a dungeon!  But I'm encouraged by the move towards a more generic format.

I still have some pieces of those spiders, bats and rats floating among my bits. A redo would be legendary.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Likewise :D  I've still got my entire game in truth (plus some of the expansions and a second GM book)

Just before Silver Tower was announced I invested in an unpainted, unglued copy 2nd hand. Wasn't cheap!

I had it when I was a kid, it was one of my intro games to GW.  Maybe one day I'll paint it up for some classic play.

That or sell it. It'll probably accrue value more than saving the money!

Not seen anyone talk about this yet. My store manager was telling me that the App is being relaunched at the end of Feb with an optional £0.99 a month subscription. 

For that sub, you gain access to all the points and a list building function. You can take photos of your own units to add to the list and stuff. 

Anyone else heard this? 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, N_Watson said:

Not seen anyone talk about this yet. My store manager was telling me that the App is being relaunched at the end of Feb with an optional £0.99 a month subscription. 

For that sub, you gain access to all the points and a list building function. You can take photos of your own units to add to the list and stuff. 

Anyone else heard this? 

Is that only optional. If you dont pay is it just like it is now?