The Rumour Thread

I wonder if the new Battletome allows us to use the Chaos Mammoth since it has all the required Keywords.... (would be AMAZING).
Also Mierce just launched an awesome mammoth!

I imagine if GW had put out a massive plastic mammoth (they also appear in the AoS Lore) the internet would have thrown bars of gold at them XD

mrm_dkl_fmr_thl_mbs_815_200_01_large.png

Edited by JackStreicher
spelling- as usual :D
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I wonder if the new Battletome allows us to use the Chaos Mammoth since it has all the required Keywords.... (would be AMAZING).
Also Mierce just launched an awesome mammoth!

I imagine if GW had put out a massive plastic mammoth (they also appear in the AoS Lore) the internet would have thrown bars of gold at them XD

Hide contents

mrm_dkl_fmr_thl_mbs_815_200_01_large.png

With the chaos mammoth being discontinued, I'd doubt that. 

Unless they've been hiding a plastic one, which I also doubt. 😔

• Like 1

Considering that right now FW is losing AoS models at a fairly scary pace I wouldn't put much stock in the Mammoth returning.

If FW is going to start supporting AoS (thus far they've only managed 1 chaos dragon that started in the End Times - and 12 alternative stormcast heads in 4-5 years of AoS) then we might hear about it, but otherwise I wouldn't put hope on it returning. There's actually more potential hope that FW might make a plastic one. 

Is anyone else kind of flabbergasted that we only got a single rules preview for S2D this week? There's usually 2 or 3 right? Hosts, endless spells, new models... I assumed we'd at least get a deeper look at everchosen today but nothing. I mean if GW isn't even trying to hype the release I really don't know what to expect. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

There's still a whole week before the Battletome releases. 

Yeah, but they usually roll out the previews before the pre-order to build hype. Articles after the pre-order are usually pretty sparse, maybe a tactical one or a painting article.

For example they've completely ignored the endless spells. The only completely new models of the release (ie. not resculpts) and we still have no idea what they do. I know the GMG review should reveal all tomorrow but it's weird for them to rely so heavily on a third party. 

Edited by Grimrock

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

There's still a whole week before the Battletome releases. 

Yeah but this is the week we'd usually see some more stuff, this weekend the YouTubers should have the Battletome and information which they will then post about. At least that's how its been with Bonereapers, Maw Tribes, Orruk Warclans, Cities, etc. Also, the updated warscrolls should be up on GW's New Zealand website in a few hours.

Maybe GW wants to reduce pressure on the servers and instead of bigging up a release before pre-release they'll big it up during the week in the hope that it spreads out some of the pre-order hype? Considering these are retail releases they won't run out (they might run out of stock, but they will cast more). So there's less pressure needed for a day one purchase.

IT might also just be that some of the GW community team are on holiday and thus some of the updates are being handled by non-regular staff

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Considering that right now FW is losing AoS models at a fairly scary pace I wouldn't put much stock in the Mammoth returning.

If FW is going to start supporting AoS (thus far they've only managed 1 chaos dragon that started in the End Times - and 12 alternative stormcast heads in 4-5 years of AoS) then we might hear about it, but otherwise I wouldn't put hope on it returning. There's actually more potential hope that FW might make a plastic one. 

Don't forget this guy!

(I know I did) ;) 

99560201019_MazarallTheButcherDaemonPrin

57 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Don't forget this guy!

(I know I did) ;) 

99560201019_MazarallTheButcherDaemonPrin

Actually one of my favoured Khorne models and I don't like the Bloodthirsters or several of the other big Khorne ones. 

Didn't realise it was an AoS generation release (gives me a tiny bit of hope that we might one day see a Slaanesh Demon Prince or even a Tzeentch one)

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Yeah but this is the week we'd usually see some more stuff, this weekend the YouTubers should have the Battletome and information which they will then post about. At least that's how its been with Bonereapers, Maw Tribes, Orruk Warclans, Cities, etc. Also, the updated warscrolls should be up on GW's New Zealand website in a few hours.

The NZ site is currently showing "Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore" on pre-order. The Sorcerer version did not have its own entry in the shop for a while, so I guess the warscroll on the page is the new one.

Yeah it was revealed earlier that the ones in the SC set are mono-pose models with no optional parts. The previous edition knights and warriors are still on sale. It means that updated sculpts and optional parted models for them are likely not coming until some time next year. That said even monopose and with limited options they still look great - I'd love to have a set or two to compliment my Slaanesh force.