The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, wayniac said:

Because oh noes some battalion you don't need can't be used in one of three styles of play.  Must be GW squatting the entire faction!

You say "three styles of play" like anyone who is worried about power of new books or missing battalions is effected in Open or Narrative play. You can use what you want and do what you want anyways.

Matched play is the reason for AoS popularity on the internet. Matched play is why people on this forum write hundred page threads on Sylvaneth. Matched play is why there is a 200 player event coming up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So as it was Wednesday yesterday, we were treated to a new Image from the Rumour Engine

RumourEngine15thFeb17Content-320x320.jpg

Personally, it looks more 40K to me but can see a AOS angle to it as it looks a bit like some of the kit off the Stormcast Relictor

I don't know has an AoS feel to it for me, just stone no rivets and what looks like bladed weapon damage, GW do like a bullet hole for 40K stuff. 

Edited by Ollie Grimwood

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So as it was Wednesday yesterday, we were treated to a new Image from the Rumour Engine

RumourEngine15thFeb17Content-320x320.jpg

Personally, it looks more 40K to me but can see a AOS angle to it as it looks a bit like some of the kit off the Stormcast Relictor

Totally wild guess: a token or piece of plastic pack-in scenery for the new Warhammer Quest.

Just now, Malin said:

It will be on pre-order this Saturday, think its to close to put any of its pieces into Rumor Engine at this stage.

You're probably right. But they've shown very little of the contents of that box as it is, so you never know.

1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I don't know has an AoS feel to it for me, just stone no rivets and what looks like bladed weapon damage, GW do like a bullet hole for 40K stuff. 

Might just be me but unlike some of the painted or sprue rumors we have seen this one looks like its lower quality or atleast cast in a different material.

As in its still hasent been put into production yet?

Could that possibly mean its a rumor for a long way off. Remember the first ever rumor on the engine was of something we think is for the Duardin which we have yet to see.

So it could by all right be just about anything :S

Edited by KHHaunts

It looks like an ornate and very thick (or its much smaller than you think) blade emerging from something.

Blades usually emerge from whatever they go through. So that would be interesting to speculate on.

A model being stabbed is rare. Unless it is a centerpiece.

Or maybe it reflects it is stabbed but still alive? Maybe it is death.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

All the models that are painted by the heavy metal team are actually resin initial casts rather than plastic so that might not mean much.

That's from warhammer tv

Have heard this from the painters themselves too, best example is the Shattered Dominion bases on the box are 3d-prints :D 

• Like 2

Hammerhal unboxing by GW is live:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/16/unboxing-the-new-warhammer-quest/

...a 30-page, illustrated section detailing the backstory of the quest, the heroes and the mighty city of Hammerhal itself.

Actually the most interesting bit to me. Hope I can get my hands on one, could be the first proper free cities illustrations.

Also, some closer look pictures of the Stormcast battletome at War of Sigmar.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1714

The Aquilor bare head is male after all. Unsurprisingly, I am afraid:/

Edited by Rogue Explorator
more info
  • Like 2