The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, christophe said:

Nurgle should go under Order, same for Nagash :) While Khorne is clearly destruction 😜

I actually really enjoy thinking about the idea that if Sigmar were being honest with himself, he'd abdicate all his power and resources to Nagash. Nagash not only is the purest form of universal Order, he stands the best shot against Chaos.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, xking said:

Why would he do that? Nagash wants a reality of stagnant unending death. Sigmar is fighting this war on behalf of the free peoples of the realms, so that they may grow and prosper. Sigmar's goals do not align with the Oblivion of Nagash. 

It is as Balthas Arum said, Sigmar  cherishes mortal kind.  

Also,  in Sigmar can be found the same themes and attributes as each of the dark gods. In there most positive manifestation.  

Sigmar is worshipped as a god of war and honor, strength and courage. Of militant might and  righteous wrath. Especially by the people's of Aqshy and Ghur. In this he reflects the themes of Khorne.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope and liberation, especially by the oppressed and the enslaved. Many also view him as a god of progress, representing the ever-expanding transcended knowledge of the heavens. In this he reflects the themes of Tzeentch.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of  family, hearth, home and protection. And of healing/life, spring, summer and the bringer of rain.  He may even be viewed as a father figure. In this he reflects the themes of Nurgle.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Art, beauty and  inspiration, as Azyr is the realm of dreams, wonder and imagination. In the Mortal realms some may even worship him as a god of virility, sex and pleasure. In this he reflects the themes of Slaanesh.

Sigmar embodies a vast array of emotions. He does not want to eliminate what makes people, people.

I love this^^^ and it just goes to show how the Chaos gods are all of these in excess. Like everything is alright as long as its not in excess.

Also I can see a lot of KO conversions using the new Skitarii flier :)

3 hours ago, xking said:

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. At least with Nagash, you know where you stand and you are not burdened by aspirations of becoming something you are not.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Confused 1

What I'd like is a proper God (or Gods) made from the Realms themselves, not just the leftovers we have at the moment.    Perhaps there will be a kingdom whose people are numerous enough and with enough strength of faith to will their God(s) into existence.  Then we could have some proper God wars.  The new to usurp the old and complete the cycle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

What I'd like is a proper God (or Gods) made from the Realms themselves, not just the leftovers we have at the moment.    Perhaps there will be a kingdom whose people are numerous enough and with enough strength of faith to will their God(s) into existence.  Then we could have some proper God wars.  The new to usurp the old and complete the cycle.

Yeah, I find Sigmar as a do it all god bland. Give me a pantheon!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Yeah, I find Sigmar as a do it all god bland. Give me a pantheon!

8 hours ago, xking said:

Why would he do that? Nagash wants a reality of stagnant unending death. Sigmar is fighting this war on behalf of the free peoples of the realms, so that they may grow and prosper. Sigmar's goals do not align with the Oblivion of Nagash. 

It is as Balthas Arum said, Sigmar  cherishes mortal kind.  

Also,  in Sigmar can be found the same themes and attributes as each of the dark gods. In there most positive manifestation.  

Sigmar is worshipped as a god of war and honor, strength and courage. Of militant might and  righteous wrath. Especially by the people's of Aqshy and Ghur. In this he reflects the themes of Khorne.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope and liberation, especially by the oppressed and the enslaved. Many also view him as a god of progress, representing the ever-expanding transcended knowledge of the heavens. In this he reflects the themes of Tzeentch.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of  family, hearth, home and protection. And of healing/life, spring, summer and the bringer of rain.  He may even be viewed as a father figure. In this he reflects the themes of Nurgle.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Art, beauty and  inspiration, as Azyr is the realm of dreams, wonder and imagination. In the Mortal realms some may even worship him as a god of virility, sex and pleasure. In this he reflects the themes of Slaanesh.

Sigmar embodies a vast array of emotions. He does not want to eliminate what makes people, people.

hold your demigryph mate Its bit to early to intruduce black rune stone and prime imbeciles plot to warhammer siggymar might be embodying all the chaos gods fluffs but lets remind our self what happened last guy who tried that he is catonic skelton in power  siphon  and all of his work decided to pull 180 and go back to ruin.

40 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Back to rumours please.

Im quite surprised nobody is getting excited about the Warhammer Story Forge and Media sneak peek. Yes it was 40k focused but if it’s successful could we see Age of Sigmar content....

That is kind of cool. I'd not spotted that at all, as I wasn't paying too much attention to the announcements that time around. There is definitely potential for some cool animated stuff there.

I kind of wish that whoever made the trailers for Total Warhammer would take their system for doing that, and just make a proper Warhammer animated series (either Old World, or AoS, I'm not fussy). All of those short trailer sequences are really cool, so if they've got the assets for all of those different troop types then it couldn't be that tricky to make a basic story using them.

I actually find it quite cool that GW brings with Katakross and St Katharines Triumph a somehow new kind of unit: A Group of Models/Heroes that form a one model squad with an defensive nature. Sort of huge defensive "monster" /" big thing". It is a new element that adds a lot to the games. Beeing overenthusiastic I belive you can compare it to the first time cavalery was introduced :D. I hope to see more of this over the course of time. Also I love the fact that we got the catapults. GW could release more altillery in my opinion as they proved to have damn cool ideas around for thoose :)

Also: Estimated 7-8h to Slaves to Darkness news. I am quite eager, especially as this will be a huge release in terms of kits. Seems like GW strategy is to have the stores full of new stuff for christmas shopping. We should propably get already a first glance at all new models today, including S2D Endless Spells and the Warcry kits. Latter one are a cool thing as we still do not know if thoose are repackages w/o cards, bigger sizes kits, new sprues or whatever. Nevertheless: Choo Choo, the Hype-Steam-Train is approaching from Greywater Fastness. End Station: Eightpoints and the Throne of the Everchosen! Choo Choo!

gwl.PNG.1af7de6e7969afe1856f78f7e12457df.PNG

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I am not sold on the quality of those animations at all (which isn‘t the animations themselfs but their assets, lighting etc.)

They have mentioned some of those animations are concept so may not see light of day. Also I like seeing different styles but I am a snob and like to see things animated well rather than rushed

58 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I personally much prefer the non-3d style of the previewed animations. The 3d versions look odd

They are made by Richard Boylan of Helasreach fame. I'm not afraid for quality.

EDIT:  I've read that ADB wrote the screenplay for that. Now I'm sure the story will be good.

Edited by michu

The animations have me interested, but at present we only have a smattering of sneak peaks at them. The childrens books done in animation I hope do well, they are just the kind of thing to spark the interest of younger generations in the game (a thing we always need in order to create a continual force of fans through the generations). 

I just really hope that GW does more than marines/Imperials with them. Granted they are likely easier to start with, but I really would love to see them broaden the horizon. Eldar and Orks are super easy to do stories about and they could even do forces like Genestealer Cults and the like. Give a showing that the 41st Millennium is about more than just the Emperors people.

AoS ones would be fantastic! Though I can accept that they likely hinge on these 40K ones doing really well on their own and it being years and years off before GW does any AoS. 

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

They have mentioned some of those animations are concept so may not see light of day. Also I like seeing different styles but I am a snob and like to see things animated well rather than rushed

True, since I am working in the broad range of „The 3D Business and 3D Artists“ I think about it likewise.

The Space Marines just don‘t look good at all imo, the metallic red looks cheap, the proportions look off and the eyes seem to be way too much apart. 🤔 they should really draw inspiration from the Astartes Shortfilms.

Edited by JackStreicher
Spelling

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/01/coming-soon-chaos-cults-ogre-teams-war-in-rohan-and-more/

They are coming :D

Someone spanish here? I am curious what thoose changes to the Lord of Chaos are. 3 Profiles now, I assume 2 modes for the lance but I am not sure.

Also, as expected, Warcry-Warbands with twice the Sprues per Box are coming. To be honest I am a little bit shocked looking at this copy pasta looking box art. Can anyone who has one of thoose kits confirm if they are monopose or can be built in a different fashion?

To the Endless Spells. They look a bit dull on the first glance, but I am quite sure they look amazing on the table. This Spikey Metal design tends to look underwhelming on the stand-alone pictures in general. Meanwhile, I like the Icon and the deamon spitting fire :D

edit: Lord of Chaos seems still to have the Mark of Chaos :D Big relief

939de603.jpg

ccb63ed4.jpg

97d7a3b8.jpg

0dcfb9f5.jpg

ba05d191.jpg

5cc21152.jpg

fe5dc5b7.jpg

068b133d.jpg

13d27046.jpg

74502756.jpg

Edited by Charleston