The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Like this Sunday, so soon ?

IIRC, the Preorder Preview for Necromunda was posted the 3rd November, for PreOrder the 9th, and release the 16th (it was in the leaked list), so it matches !

Thank you, made my day ❤️ 

Yeah. Preorder preview on the 1st, preorder on the 7th and release on the 14th (which is what the leaked schedule said). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know who needs to hear this but Element Games appears to have 33 Feast of Bones boxsets in as of 8:05am CET priced at £92

https://elementgames.co.uk/clearance-sale/black-friday-sale/age-of-sigmar-feast-of-bones-english-

Just in case you missed out before and want to grab it...

ooooooh they also The Rise & Fall of Anvalor in their sale, anyone get round to playing this? I totally forgot it had been released...

https://elementgames.co.uk/clearance-sale/black-friday-sale/the-rise-and-fall-of-anvalor

Edited by JPjr

On 11/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, Kronos said:

To be fair the only “living” descendants of the Nehekarans  are the Vampires which all have pointy Ears... I know it’s from the transition but it’s something. 

The transition to undeath wasn't to achieve eternal life, less relevant to elves.

It was this new fabulous weight loss program.

well the og reason was one king wanted to conquer death and rule eternal empire until our boy bone daddy decided to usurp the throne and some where down the line red elixir stuff created and vampires created. requesting lore dump from some one  with full knowledge but we are out of  topic folks before mods become aware lets turn back to rumors please.

£90 is what some of the ebay resellers are trying to sell off the Ossiarch half from Feast of Bones for! Even though its still a discount from retail that's extreme considering the Feast of Bones price on Element Games. Though I'd wager those boxes might shift fairly fast, actually surprised they've still got them unless its stock people don't realise they are holding. 

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

ooooooh they also The Rise & Fall of Anvalor in their sale, anyone get round to playing this? I totally forgot it had been released...

https://elementgames.co.uk/clearance-sale/black-friday-sale/the-rise-and-fall-of-anvalor

I have it, and have played it twice with three players.  Its fun, with a cooperative element of keeping the city safe and wanting everyone do reasonably, but you want your forces to do the best - to score points and win.  So you might just place those marauding Orruks by another players units to get them killed.  I think it would be best with four players as then there would be lots of interactions.

• Thanks 1

It has been an extremely dry week for AoS, the wait for the Slaves release and what else is planned next year it’s almost excruciating...

Almost I didn’t want to see the release schedule for the end of the year so we could speculate what’s coming next. Almost being the keyword here 😂

Still got two days before we get the preview news from GW on the Slaves release. 

Still at least by that point we'll be well due another big news update for the coming year. Though we already know there's 3 Battletomes, so the question will be if any of them come with a big model update (KO and Seraphon could both take a big model update - Tzeentch are possibly in one of the best positions right now so it would be very surprising if they got such a release). Though its more likely that they won't, esp as around the same time Sisters of Battle should be getting a big release of models. 

1 hour ago, Dreadmund said:

Anyone fancy doing some wild, totally unsupported speculation on what the Slaves to Darkness endless spells could be?

My first instinct is a fissure in the ground in the shape of the Chaos symbol that does mortals and a bravery debuff.

It's tough to imagine because endless spells are generally built off the theme of the army and slaves... Well it doesn't really have a lot of themes. They're intentionally the generic dudes of chaos that can run with any army. In Warhammer they had the norscan thing going on, but that doesn't really seem like the case anymore. I was thinking it'd be cool if they got endless spells themed after the different gods, like one for nurgle, tzeentch and slaanesh, each one buffing it's particular mark. So tzeentch could be +1 to cast, slaanesh an aura of run and charge, nurgle a +1 to save or something. Plus then people who play the other chaos armies would want to pick them up, making more sales.

If they do go with pure slaves themes, yeah I'd expect a rune of chaos undivided floating in the air. Maybe a spectral bear or some northern beast. Then I really can't think of a third lol.

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

It's tough to imagine because endless spells are generally built off the theme of the army and slaves... Well it doesn't really have a lot of themes. They're intentionally the generic dudes of chaos that can run with any army. In Warhammer they had the norscan thing going on, but that doesn't really seem like the case anymore. I was thinking it'd be cool if they got endless spells themed after the different gods, like one for nurgle, tzeentch and slaanesh, each one buffing it's particular mark. So tzeentch could be +1 to cast, slaanesh an aura of run and charge, nurgle a +1 to save or something. Plus then people who play the other chaos armies would want to pick them up, making more sales.

If they do go with pure slaves themes, yeah I'd expect a rune of chaos undivided floating in the air. Maybe a spectral bear or some northern beast. Then I really can't think of a third lol.

They do have a theme. Their theme is SPIKES!

How you turn that into endless spells is another matter, but that is definitely their theme!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Anyone fancy doing some wild, totally unsupported speculation on what the Slaves to Darkness endless spells could be?

My first instinct is a fissure in the ground in the shape of the Chaos symbol that does mortals and a bravery debuff.

StD endless spells? STDs.

Chaos gods are rivals not because they are opposed, but because they have similar aspects, so they must compete for that niche.

Tzeentch and Nurgle are about hope and change (long term issues)

Khorne and Slaannesh are all about feelings and emotions (short term issues)

They fight for the same fields.

• Like 1

Actually, the old lore:

Nurgle - Accepting the inevitable. The unending cycle. Inviolable. Absolute.

Vs

Tzeentch - Master your own fate. Nothing is set in stone. Everything changes all the time.

Khorne - All that matters is battle. Strength. Pride. Martial skill. Focus all on killing. The only worthwhile sensation is the thrill of the kill.

Vs

Slaanesh - Whee! Experience everything. All sensation is great. Kill or be lazy. It's all the same. Fighting is just one of a million cool things to do.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Actually, the old lore:

Nurgle - Accepting the inevitable. The unending cycle. Inviolable. Absolute.

Vs

Tzeentch - Master your own fate. Nothing is set in stone. Everything changes all the time.

Khorne - All that matters is battle. Strength. Pride. Martial skill. Focus all on killing. The only worthwhile sensation is the thrill of the kill.

Vs

Slaanesh - Whee! Experience everything. All sensation is great. Kill or be lazy. It's all the same. Fighting is just one of a million cool things to do.

Nurgle should go under Order, same for Nagash :) While Khorne is clearly destruction 😜

19 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

a sphere of twisting flesh with many arms like chaos spawns dealing mortals with chance to turn enemies into spawns

a giant flaming chaos sword (slayer oof kings avatar) buffing all units in range with mortal wounds and hits/wound/ecc : flaming chaos sword of ruin

Edited by calcysimon
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

I’m hoping for something daemonic and summoned the samewat Sylvaneth got their caterpillar wyrm, and bonreapers got Beta Nagash. So if it was summoned I’d quite like to see some sort Daemonic entity maybe ripping through reality from Wastes, so claws teeth eyes and tongue, free floating albeit by some clever strand from the rift touching some pillars. Like the realm portals fused with Fw lord of change summoning. 

As for Pure magic or similar, I’d rather like something Fiery and again maybe forming into a large Daemonic brute, could even resemble one, or a few of the FW Daemon Brutes.

Also terrain has been a key theme with most releases, and I haven’t seen what StD will recieve but I hope it’s covered with trophies and spikes that I can pillage for conversions. Otherwise a totem of the gods similar but more elaborate from the War shrines, with runes and blood moat, etc.