The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

And all the “giant stuff” rumours are based on the single use of the word giant in a Warhammer Community article.  Not exactly gonna hold my breath on this one.

Love for it to be true, but it’s beginning to feel like speculation is starting to be treated as valid rumours.

There was also that rumor engine picture with the column.

That is currently a funny spot we are in with the StD things:)

We know StD are coming, we know we will have some new minis and we know due to the leaks that GW hasn´t announced all new things yet. The design of the SC!-Box also allows the conclusion of a Multipart-Kit to the Singlepose-Kits to come somewhere 2020. Yet the leaked list is only due to end of 2019, so we do not know what will come 2020 or when it will do so.

The Warcry Monsters can be assumed to be StD Units, too. We also know they will all come 2020. We may assume that the StD Book will have Warscrolls for all this Warcry related stuff. At this point, we might also ask if the two missing Warcry Warbands will be included. If yes, this could also mean that there will be warscrolls for other new stuff, too. If not, it would be another case of gw ruining a tome by making X additional sheets required, a situation that bugs me already in 40k~

All in all I really look forward to the December Announcements. Seeing how GW proceeded with Sisters, a similar approach to StD may be used too: GW Announcing the models to be released soon in the tome and giving us also a previes to a delayed release wave, showing us models and warscrolls in the meantime.

This leaves the question: How big will the StD release be? We know about Warriors, Knights, Lord on Lizzard, Ogroid, Rock throwing troll thing, Catsphinx and 2 missing warbands. We also know through leaks about some rerelease of Warcry Warbands. This would be quite a big release, yet it seems that gw still holds something open in the back

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

where is this confirmed?

Nowhere. 

Gordrakk wants to attack Azyr (but Nagash and Archaon too, I guess, so....), more precisely he wants to duel Sigmar as per a short story on WarCom. 

To achieve that, he got a Godbeast skull and built a huge siege engine, which he wants to test on the Free City of Excelsis in Ghur (first teased in Forbidden Power and the aforementioned short story, confirmed in the Orruk Warclans battletome).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, michu said:

Most likely 40k, I agree. Although the material on the inside looks kind of like rock, which reminds me of a certain KO thing

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Kharadron-Overlords-Grundstok-Thunderers-2017

The "Banner Carrier" for Thunderers is basically just a chunk of rock ringed with metal, which is not too far off that rumor engine.

Seraphon also like to combine stone with metalwork, but it's not really ornate enough looking for them, IMO.

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

Most likely 40k, I agree. Although the material on the inside looks kind of like rock, which reminds me of a certain KO thing

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Kharadron-Overlords-Grundstok-Thunderers-2017

The "Banner Carrier" for Thunderers is basically just a chunk of rock ringed with metal, which is not too far off that rumor engine.

Seraphon also like to combine stone with metalwork, but it's not really ornate enough looking for them, IMO.

Yeah but no. The runes on it are Necron by design. There was a whole short campaign about Admech steeling Blackstone from Necrons to use it as a psychic amplifier or damper. This is also why the stone is broken and has several carvings: Necron can restore and heal this stuff up, other races can´t. It will be some sort of warp resonator, for whatever case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

If the Chaos War Mammoth returns it might not even be as a new model, FW could just be putting it back into production. 

They could but they wont.

the mould would need a lot of remastering as originally it was a single pour and solid, meaning that the failure rate would be quite high. 
that and 375 pounds.

dont get me wrong, I’d love to see it appear again as i can buy a third to keep the other two company.

I apologize in advance if this has already mentioned by someone else, didn't go through the whole rumour treath or any other to check out, nor am I 100% sure this was not already  in a previous film, but I just watched episode 1 of the Starwars Mandolorian serie on Disney Plus, streaming service, and guess what:

squig-starwars3.png.3eea01d757bafba8682cea3c929b6724.png

Could be me, but maybe GW has another little company to sue out of business ;)

Edited by Lowki
  • Confused 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, Overread said:

I'd not expect a new army in that selection, its just way too much. Ossiarchs were honestly a big surprise that they were appearing at all (not just because there were still other AoS 2.0 armies to update, but also because it was an army that GW hadn't been marketing/teasing through the lore and marketing at all). 

Sorry I gotta object. 

Geedubs had both teased the new Death faction through marketing (the Bone Tithe trailers) and lore (Necroquake and Malign Portents. 

In fact I would say they wre probably the AoS faction that received the heaviest ever amount of pre-release fanfare. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Sorry I gotta object. 

Geedubs had both teased the new Death faction through marketing (the Bone Tithe trailers) and lore (Necroquake and Malign Portents. 

In fact I would say they wre probably the AoS faction that received the heaviest ever amount of pre-release fanfare. 

plus Katakros was teased in Forbidden power as the secret entity and they left his identity on a cliffhanger so it had to been a death release coming really soon.

granted I am not sure if there going to be an AoS Christmas release this year since S2D are releasing so close in December but quite possible their something big on the horizon still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

plus Katakros was teased in Forbidden power as the secret entity and they left his identity on a cliffhanger so it had to been a death release coming really soon.

granted I am not sure if there going to be an AoS Christmas release this year since S2D are releasing so close in December but quite possible their something big on the horizon still.

Was there a big "Christmas" release last year? If so, when/what was it?