The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Frowny said:

My predictions

Seige expansion for AOS spring or summer of next year 

Gordrrak/destruction vs Stormcast/order. 

Nagash/death vs. archeon/chaos

All have reasons for seige weapons, maybe even in the allpoints all together.

Stormcast get a seige chamber opened next year with a big models release to tie in the timing.

Excelsis gets a wd supplement for cities of sigmar bug falls to mix things up slightly, goddrak nagash and archeon duke it out, nagash gets a foothold in allpoints near some shyish gate but doesn't get further, ultimately allowing both sides to "win" ok that front.

Oh that makes me wonder. Your siege suggestion might be spot on. But would that mean the GHB rules were a testing ground I wonder. If so the City fighting rules should be a/the focus. Because they were very fun and well done. Better than the siege rules in my mind. 

• Like 2

Any rumors around the kurnothi? I wasn’t a fan of the sculpts until I got a copy of Beastgrave, and the models are so much nicer in person (and some alternative paint schemes help too, not sure I’m a fan of their official scheme.) Now I’m chomping at the bit. Fawning over the 5 models I got. Etc.

When might we expect them to be released? The alternative rumor for some of the aelvish rumor engine pictures is 40k exodites, which is also HUGE if it came to pass. Honestly I think I win in either scenario lol.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ggom said:

Any rumors around the kurnothi? I wasn’t a fan of the sculpts until I got a copy of Beastgrave, and the models are so much nicer in person (and some alternative paint schemes help too, not sure I’m a fan of their official scheme.) Now I’m chomping at the bit. Fawning over the 5 models I got. Etc.

When might we expect them to be released? The alternative rumor for some of the aelvish rumor engine pictures is 40k exodites, which is also HUGE if it came to pass. Honestly I think I win in either scenario lol.

None whatsoever. A warband is no guarantee of a full release. Darkoath look like they will just get folded into slaves to darkness and the sepulchral guard still don't really have a home. 

There is also the competition for Aelves releases. There are now three Aelf factions waiting for a release. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's almost 6 months since the General's Handbook came out. Should we expect point revision in the near future?

When GW separated the points from the main book into its own booklet, I assumed it's so they can update it more frequently.

Edited by Raviv
typo

The Kurnothi warband was explicitly called out by GW, more than once, as a First look at a brand new race in the realms, we will undoubtedly see more of them. When, no one knows, and I don't know of any Kurnothi specific rumors at this time.

Honestly though there isn't a huge number of rumors floating around at the moment that I'm aware of, other than the Giant/Hysh speculations based on GWs latest hint, and the one rumor that the remaining 1.0 books will be updated by March.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Raviv said:

It's almost 6 months since the General's Handbook came out. Should we expect point revision in the near future?

When GW separated the points from the main book into its own booklet, I assumed it's so they can update it more frequently.

I don't think they've ever said they were going to make updates more frequent? But I believe there's an update twice per year. Next one is supposed to be Dec/Jan but we don't know exactly when. I hope it drops early Jan at the latest so it's usable in time for the biggest AOS tournament in the world. 

I'm not sure if they're planning on releasing a new points booklet or just a digital FAQ list. I feel like the printing timelines and cost wouldn't be worth it for a few points changes. 

• Like 4

It's kind of a bit of a mean move to add Kurnothi into Sylvaneth after GW tore out the old Elves from there; however as they are already part of that army it would be nice to see them fleshed out with a few regular units. However I still maintain that Underworlds is a side project that lets GW play with niche concepts that they simply cannot find reason to put into full army production.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Overread said:

It's kind of a bit of a mean move to add Kurnothi into Sylvaneth after GW tore out the old Elves from there; however as they are already part of that army it would be nice to see them fleshed out with a few regular units. However I still maintain that Underworlds is a side project that lets GW play with niche concepts that they simply cannot find reason to put into full army production.

The Wanderers are forgiven by Alarielle though.

(Source: CoS Living City)

Edited by zilberfrid

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I would do Wanderers in a heartbeat if I had confidence they would be supported in the long run and they got some new sculpts (and were ideally not a horde army.)

I really like that Underworlds allows them to play with cool ideas though. They’ve put out a lot of sweet warbands, wish they got side rules for an AoS version of kill team (it’s not appealing to me personally to have to buy new warbands to keep up with the card meta, so I don’t expect a ton of use from them.) 

Back on topic though - sounds like the next 2 quarters is pretty likely to be Slaves to Darkness, followed by ... Giants perhaps? We’d also expect the full Sisters of Battle release, and likely HH book 9. Seems like they’ve still got some room for surprises. No doubt Adepticon will have something cool revealed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ggom said:

I would do Wanderers in a heartbeat if I had confidence they would be supported in the long run and they got some new sculpts (and were ideally not a horde army.)

I really like that Underworlds allows them to play with cool ideas though. They’ve put out a lot of sweet warbands, wish they got side rules for an AoS version of kill team (it’s not appealing to me personally to have to buy new warbands to keep up with the card meta, so I don’t expect a ton of use from them.) 

Back on topic though - sounds like the next 2 quarters is pretty likely to be Slaves to Darkness, followed by ... Giants perhaps? We’d also expect the full Sisters of Battle release, and likely HH book 9. Seems like they’ve still got some room for surprises. No doubt Adepticon will have something cool revealed!

The AoS version of kill team is Warcry, but that's very limited at the moment. I think only Zarbags and the Farstriders can even be played there with some of their models, and many factions are outright missing.

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The AoS version of kill team is Warcry, but that's very limited at the moment. I think only Zarbags and the Farstriders can even be played there with some of their models, and many factions are outright missing.

You can also run the Briar Queen's warband as chainrasps and a dread warden with a tomb banshee mercenary. Ironskull's warband can also be played in it and I suspect the Beastgrave one will also be playable in it, so can the Sepulchral Wardens and the Grymwatch. We'll probably be able to use the DoK one in Warcry when that comes out too. It should also be mentioned that a few of the warbands also have fighters that can be used as mercs for warbands as well although mostly for Chaos, fighters like Skritch who you can use as a Clawlord, Vortemis who can be used as a Magister and Gashrak who you could play as a Brayshaman. 
Hopefully we see more factions added to Warcry so we can use the other WHU warbands in it as well but time will tell. Personally I'd like to see warbands for Cities of Sigmar and Kharadron warband.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

You can also run the Briar Queen's warband as chainrasps and a dread warden with a tomb banshee mercenary. Ironskull's warband can also be played in it and I suspect the Beastgrave one will also be playable in it, so can the Sepulchral Wardens and the Grymwatch. We'll probably be able to use the DoK one in Warcry when that comes out too. It should also be mentioned that a few of the warbands also have fighters that can be used as mercs for warbands as well although mostly for Chaos, fighters like Skritch who you can use as a Clawlord, Vortemis who can be used as a Magister and Gashrak who you could play as a Brayshaman. 
Hopefully we see more factions added to Warcry so we can use the other WHU warbands in it as well but time will tell. Personally I'd like to see warbands for Cities of Sigmar and Kharadron warband.

I would really like a Cities warband, and it would be very useful for the RPG, Warcry and just a splash of "new" in the faction.

Perhaps even a new Warhammer Quest.

As it is, I've been eyeing a resin printer to make additions for my armies, as GW isn't really interested in it. (Not to copy GW designs, but to make new stuff for conversions).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ggom said:

My guess is:

Slaves followed by (in any order) Tzeentch, KO and Seraphon in the new year. Alongside that there's the big Sisters of Battle release which will be a big drop of lots of new models over one or two weeks. 

I'd not expect a new army in that selection, its just way too much. Ossiarchs were honestly a big surprise that they were appearing at all (not just because there were still other AoS 2.0 armies to update, but also because it was an army that GW hadn't been marketing/teasing through the lore and marketing at all). I'd expect GW to power on and get the last 3 battletomes out and then, for AoS, have a look at adding new factions. We'll also likely start hearing how GW is going to update things moving forward after the Battletomes drop. There's a lot of legacy and old sculpts in AoS as well as a good few small armies in terms of model diversity. So there's ample room for GW to be adding models and updating sculpts for most armies. Stormcast and a few of the Chaos God armies are perhaps the only ones that might not see any need for big updates in models for a while.

• Like 1

I actually have my own theory on this and is similar to what Tom from warhammer weekly discussed in their Old World review. In few years time AoS could be only about the new shiny armies and the old legacy armies relegated once again in the Old World. This would mean that many armies that have been updated today for AoS 2.0 are placeholders until a potential drop of support in AoS 3.0 and Old World release in 2/4 years.

If you think about it they are already doing it with Death by moving away from the old Vampire Counts with 2 brand new armies and one recycled from old parts. Another vampire army moving Neferata and Mannfred away and you basically can sunset everything else left out.

Apart from that I strongly doubt there are 3 known chambers to be opened for Stormcast and we will not see any before AoS 3.0...

All of this to say that some of the smaller and older armies may remain smaller and some of those kits may not be updated anytime soon. That’s just my opinion anyway 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

You should check the Warcry subforum because lits of people worked on homebrewed warbands like the link below.

Moreover, Nershly on Twitter did a card generator.

Do not forget that the expansion of Warcry will certainly add more AoS faction in addition to the shortlived cards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/24/2019 at 5:09 AM, xking said:

Darkoath  were always slaves to darkness.

That's not a fair assessment of what the assumption here in the community was though.  We (collectively) were so certain a Darkoath faction was coming and that Slaves would be subsumed/replaced by Darkoath (and not the other way around) that the Chaos forum thread devoted to them got a name change.

5 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I actually have my own theory on this and is similar to what Tom from warhammer weekly discussed in their Old World review. In few years time AoS could be only about the new shiny armies and the old legacy armies relegated once again in the Old World. This would mean that many armies that have been updated today for AoS 2.0 are placeholders until a potential drop of support in AoS 3.0 and Old World release in 2/4 years.

If you think about it they are already doing it with Death by moving away from the old Vampire Counts with 2 brand new armies and one recycled from old parts. Another vampire army moving Neferata and Mannfred away and you basically can sunset everything else left out.

Apart from that I strongly doubt there are 3 known chambers to be opened for Stormcast and we will not see any before AoS 3.0...

All of this to say that some of the smaller and older armies may remain smaller and some of those kits may not be updated anytime soon. That’s just my opinion anyway 

Makes sense actually. Last week I was on vacation in the UK and I was at one of their major store fronts and was chatting with one of the employees who asked what faction I played. I told him Legion of Blood and then I proceeded to talk about how I wished LoN would get updated and/or there would be more Vampire stuff. He told me that he has heard internally of a Soulblight related army coming out but not until 2021, which seems like a really long ways away but I don't know. He also mentioned some really big models coming out in the near future fr AoS. If there was a Soulblight related army coming out then I could very well see "Legions of Nagash" being phased out for specific Death factions and not the LoN "soup" as we know it.

57 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Makes sense actually. Last week I was on vacation in the UK and I was at one of their major store fronts and was chatting with one of the employees who asked what faction I played. I told him Legion of Blood and then I proceeded to talk about how I wished LoN would get updated and/or there would be more Vampire stuff. He told me that he has heard internally of a Soulblight related army coming out but not until 2021, which seems like a really long ways away but I don't know. He also mentioned some really big models coming out in the near future fr AoS. If there was a Soulblight related army coming out then I could very well see "Legions of Nagash" being phased out for specific Death factions and not the LoN "soup" as we know it.

While it is extremely unlikely your buddy has any legit info, I'll bite. What are these supposed "big models" coming out?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

While it is extremely unlikely your buddy has any legit info, I'll bite. What are these supposed "big models" coming out?

that'll be your AoS imperial giant knights complete with unit of fleeing peasant multipart kit my good friend.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

14 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

He didn't give  specifics other than saying there's some new Destruction stuff in the works that would be receiving some large models. Again this was just an employee of one of the major brick and mortar stores in the UK who I met for the first time. I am personally taking it with a grain of salt and not holding my breath. But as a LoB player, a Soulblight book would make me super happy.. 

Its worth remembering that the sales people at Games Workshop stores don't actually have any more information than we do. They don't get briefed on new releases more than a week or two in advance, if that. some keep up with the rumour stuff, and pass that on to shoppers who don't read threads like these, but their information generally doesn't have any more authenticity because of the fact that they work in a GW shop. Many don't keep up with the rumour discussion, and so know less about whats going on than many of the people on forums like this do.

• Like 2