The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

Yeah, but it won’t save the infantry I’m afraid. Why give them bows, which don’t work underwater? Why not some kind of speargun? Why  not some movement that actually implies swimming/fighting in the aethersea, alongside their flying fish?

Sorry for ranting, I just love underwater themes, and am still sad that they just weren’t for me 😕

bows do work under water tho, just not as good as they do on land. you even get underwater archery tournaments.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

Armoured giants if I had my way. Shiny golden armour. In between the keeper of secrets and ogors in build and height. Kratos style weapons on chains. Probably a bit late for the designers to take my suggestions into account 😂

I would prefer mine taller than trolls, 15 cm + :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, michu said:

Definitely subjective - some people (me included) like Hammers of Sigmar color scheme.

Of course, Tempest Lords have better colour scheme but the point stands.

6 hours ago, NkfPanda said:

@zilberfrid Because he likes the colour? Let the man express positive thoughts/ideas without someone trying to debate why he likes a colour haha.

On a side note I am soooo curious about this faction but I am much more excited about the Seraphon update. Hoping for new Slann!

Yeah. You are correct. Some people are bound to like it. Some people also like barrel organs.

I have not seen a different paint scheme of Stormcast that I did not prefer over the golden one, but it is not an entirely objective truth.

I think we have enough golden giants. Getting even more of them would be boring (to me).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xking said:

I think we see something like that in the forbidden power book. Sigmar got armoured giants.

Exactly and that’s basically the answer to @zilberfridcomment as well. 
the big issue with stormcast and golden armour in my view is the lack of skin. So if you don’t turn them into giant metal lunchboxes gold will be dope to me ;) 

The gold issue is that it is easy to do but trickier to do great. The general GW trend is to just layer on bright so you have some gaudy looking plastic thing with a paintcoat that is plasticy too.  It is what rubs people the wrong way, or so I see, about gold coloured SCE. The GW method.

Nothing inherently wrong with gold schemes. When executed great they look amazing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

bows do work under water tho, just not as good as they do on land. you even get underwater archery tournaments.

Isn't the main issue that a regular bow string doesn't maintain its tension when wet? Clearly there are modern materials that can, as your video shows, but I'm not sure that was true in the past. Clearly Idoneth must use some sort of waterproof allopex gut for their bows!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Isn't the main issue that a regular bow string doesn't maintain its tension when wet? Clearly there are modern materials that can, as your video shows, but I'm not sure that was true in the past. Clearly Idoneth must use some sort of waterproof allopex gut for their bows!

Which past ? We're talking about a world with demons, magic, and all sorts of things like that.
We should probably stop thinking about Warhammer in terms of what is logical or not, given that nothing is logical at all given the context.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Which past ? We're talking about a world with demons, magic, and all sorts of things like that.
We should probably stop thinking about Warhammer in terms of what is logical or not, given that nothing is logical at all given the context.

Thus my point that Idoneth must use an exotic material which wasn't available on medieval Earth. 

3 hours ago, xking said:

Another reason I think a devoted of Sigmar would be cool, besides new Knightly orders. Is it would give us a more in-depth look at the sigmarite Church in the Mortal realms. Also in lore, it has been mentioned many times that there are many dwarves and elves that worships Sigmar. I'd like to see that represented in model form.

but not all knightly orders worship sigmar. I would prefure a 'devoted orders'. and have most of the orders (sub-faction thingies) be sigmarite, but also have others.

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

but not all knightly orders worship sigmar. I would prefure a 'devoted orders'. and have most of the orders (sub-faction thingies) be sigmarite, but also have others.

Devoted of Nagash would be kind of fun. Be a bit like the Knights of Morr from fantasy. WOuld bring the aesthetic of death to Order armies.

From  a lore perspective it would be cool if they thought they were the chosen of Nagash, desperately trying to prove themselves worthy of his 'blessing' but Nagash is over in Shyish looking down at them with a sort of dismissive frustration that thy won't just leave him alone. Basically a faction of teenaged edgelord fanbois that no one wants anything to do with :D.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@mojojojo101 there's a nice bit in the Soul Wars novel about how Lord Arcanum Balthus Arum & Lord Veritant Achillus are off to burn down the local Nagash temple (in the Sigmarite city of Glymmsforge) after a Necromancer has caused some 'trouble'. Balthus is asking if this won't rile up the (mortal) devotees of Nagash, whilst also worrying about the loss of precious texts and books to which...

Achillus snorted. "If you think they allowed us to destroy anything of any real value, then you are not half the sage people claim" He turned and began to ascend once more. "I've burned that temple eight times in the past eighty years, brother. They keep rebuilding it. And they invite me to the first service they hold, each time."

Balthus paused. "Do you go?"

"Every time." Achillus laughed. A moment later, Balthas joined him.

Hat tip to @JReynolds for that little peak into the day to day life of Shyish there.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@mojojojo101 there's a nice bit in the Soul Wars novel about how Lord Arcanum Balthus Arum & Lord Veritant Achillus are off to burn down the local Nagash temple (in the Sigmarite city of Glymmsforge) after a Necromancer has caused some 'trouble'. Balthus is asking if this won't rile up the (mortal) devotees of Nagash, whilst also worrying about the loss of precious texts and books to which...

Achillus snorted. "If you think they allowed us to destroy anything of any real value, then you are not half the sage people claim" He turned and began to ascend once more. "I've burned that temple eight times in the past eighty years, brother. They keep rebuilding it. And they invite me to the first service they hold, each time."

Balthus paused. "Do you go?"

"Every time." Achillus laughed. A moment later, Balthas joined him.

Hat tip to @JReynolds for that little peak into the day to day life of Shyish there.

Now I want to read that novel. I might yet change my opinion about the Mortal Realms.

An now this is official, StD battletome for really soon. Not a surprise looking for last leaks and SC box announced in Blood & Glory but as far as I know no date were officially confirmed so far.

Now this is:

" You’ll have a chance to learn more about the Varanspire and its inhabitants in Battletome: Slaves to Darkness, available later this year! "

(https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/22/what-is-the-varanspire/)

So "later this year" dont let lot of options :)

6 minutes ago, RedMax said:

An now this is official, StD battletome for really soon. Not a surprise looking for last leaks and SC box announced in Blood & Glory but as far as I know no date were officially confirmed so far.

Now this is:

" You’ll have a chance to learn more about the Varanspire and its inhabitants in Battletome: Slaves to Darkness, available later this year! "

(https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/22/what-is-the-varanspire/)

So "later this year" dont let lot of options :)

It's already been confirmed by the 100% accurate leaked schedule that the battletome will be released on December 14th alongside the new start collecting box and endless spells.

They've already teased that Katakros is heading for the Eightpoints in the Ossiarch Battletome. Its certainly set to be one of the next big battle events of the age. Esp since its also going to be the first time that Nagash really flexes his muscle in the realms outside of the Realm of Death. It could make or break his armies; or just grind against them. 

It could even help Sigmar significantly as even without the distraction of orruks, the Stormcast are ever getting spread thinner as they push back more Chaos. A massive invasion of the Eightpoints might take some Chaos legions back away from other realms for a time.