The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So, back on track, I think the big spiky teaser is a end of a club for a bongrinder sized  AoS imperial knight gargant who has now made his peace with the fleeing peasant and is carrying him on his shoulder like master blaster from Mad Max Thunderdome.

Yup, can't wait! The hammer obviously belongs to a gargant. 

1 minute ago, xking said:

And why men can't be beautiful?( or handsome?)

The sea elves are all ugly and bald.

In my opinion they should gave gone full dark cthulu,with fin ears and gills.And as for the sisters of battle ,in all honesty,they have a pass  because there a lot of face types,plus wen it comes to Impirial units I prefer them helmeted.And for the beauty,exept for the saints I don t think they need to very ''sexy'',but some of those faces can easly go on a space marine marine or a catachan jungle fighter and no one will see the difference.

2 minutes ago, The lord of murder said:

In my opinion they should gave gone full dark cthulu,with fin ears and gills.And as for the sisters of battle ,in all honesty,they have a pass  because there a lot of face types,plus wen it comes to Impirial units I prefer them helmeted.And for the beauty,exept for the saints I don t think they need to very ''sexy'',but some of those faces can easly go on a space marine marine or a catachan jungle fighter and no one will see the difference.

Absolutely! With deepkin it seemed to me as if the designers couldn’t quite decide whether to make them classical elf beauties or weird sea creatures, and ended up in the no-mans land of the middle. Missed opportunity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Absolutely! With deepkin it seemed to me as if the designers couldn’t quite decide whether to make them classical elf beauties or weird sea creatures, and ended up in the no-mans land of the middle. Missed opportunity.

fingers crossed, as and when they get a next release of models we may get something like that. 

much as my main hope for IDK is some kind of giant battle-crab of briny doom, you could easily imagine a unit of larger troops made from Aelven souls that were too corrupted by Slaanesh/chaos and so hidden, but now the war has come to the shore they've had to be revealed like the Melusai.

kind of super elite, Immortis Guard sized seahorse/octopus/sea cucumber/aelf hybrids.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

when did he say this. not doubting you just curious about when its likely to happen. was it recently or a few months back?

He wrote these posts on October 30th:

On 10/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, Whitefang said:

Light Alves will be relatively similiar to old high elves (Compare to Sea and Murder Elves) I think, and maybe with a bit Slanneshi trait since they have been polluted in the nature

On 10/30/2019 at 6:14 PM, Whitefang said:

We shall talk about this 8 months later

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, JPjr said:

kind of super elite, Immortis Guard sized seahorse/octopus/sea cucumber/aelf hybrids.

GW better release some battle cucumbers or I will riot! ;)

Would definitely be nice to see more lovecraftian and deep sea horror injected into deepkin as opposed to just the current "Aelves but on eels and not horses!" vibe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

GW better release some battle cucumbers or I will riot! ;)

Would definitely be nice to see more lovecraftian and deep sea horror injected into deepkin as opposed to just the current "Aelves but on eels and not horses!" vibe.

Yeah, but it won’t save the infantry I’m afraid. Why give them bows, which don’t work underwater? Why not some kind of speargun? Why  not some movement that actually implies swimming/fighting in the aethersea, alongside their flying fish?

Sorry for ranting, I just love underwater themes, and am still sad that they just weren’t for me 😕

5 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Yeah, but it won’t save the infantry I’m afraid. Why give them bows, which don’t work underwater? Why not some kind of speargun? Why  not some movement that actually implies swimming/fighting in the aethersea, alongside their flying fish?

Sorry for ranting, I just love underwater themes, and am still sad that they just weren’t for me 😕

I guess the bows might be because they do their hunting on land for souls and stuff? (we'll avoid wondering how they managed to learn to use them effectively whilst living underwater ;))

Spearguns or harpoons would have been really cool though, I love the harpoon on the Alloplex. 

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

My main concern about the Idoneth is that they are all wearing heavy armoured boots. I know that is part of the classic Aelven look, but it can't be very practical for swimming! I need to come up with a coral armour paint scheme for mine, but its been a bit tricky to get looking good.

How elves will they sink to the bottom ;) 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The lord of murder said:

zilberfrid-'' No need to continue accepting sexism''

Got actual facts to back up that heavy statement ?

If I remember clearly back in the old days we had a more male centric products/models/style because they were  majority buyers+the cultural tendency back then,not that companies had in for the women costumers who usually come from the low pool of ''geek girls''(wich didn t increase much it only became louder).

''GW to make a few sets with ONLY human females, to compensate 30 years of not making any (or hardly any)''

I get what you wan t to say.Correct me if I m wrong or if I offend but sounds like you wan t Gw to ''morally compensate'' for the lack of female model diversity to absolve themselves of there ''sexist'' past.Wich makes me think that even you have a pair of ''rose tinted glasses'' with wich you see the 80.This is wat I assume from you're text,if I m wrong then then let Khaine be my judge.

Well, I mostly want to field a few females amongst my Freeguild. I have cobbled Pistoleers from Glade Riders, but they are notably not human.

For the infantry, I want some diversity with human minis, and there are not that many to choose from. There are a lot of armies out there, and to get the option to put a few females in my guardsmen, greatswords, crossbows and gunners, I would very much like to have a full female set. If GW started putting female sculpts in boxes when my sets were produced, I wouldn't have to scrape every barrel for female models.

This is not compensation for sexism, a bit similar to, when you've produced only right handed gloves for 30 years, and people find out that their left hands get cold as well, you now start producing left hand gloves. I just want a gloves for both hands.

And yes, in the past there were less females in the hobby, and yes, some people find this scary enough to try and scare those alien creatures away, but that's just something that no longer fits this society (and is dealt with when reported to shop owners). I was introduced to Warhammer by my ex, and quite a few women I play with are quite interested in miniature building and painting (D&D minis are the gateway drug so far). Geekiness is not reserved to males, and I would like the hobby to be more welcoming to women.

My comment about no longer accepting sexism was more about the rampant sexism that was still prevalent in the '80's, and society has grown since then. Views that were rampantly progressive in the '80's have normalised because we progressed. Views that were mainstream in the '80's are now regressive, because we've progressed passed them.

I am not saying that GW was sexist in the '80's, I don't know the company well enough for that. I am saying that some of choices it has made in the past were based on a mainstream view of the world we have progressed past. 

It is best to take this to the thread made specifically for this subject though.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Tho that wasn't Whitefang who answered "no" to the Chaos possibility. 

(Not saying that other responding poster doesn't know something either ;) ) 

On 11/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, Whitefang said:

Not necessarily  chaos

It was 😄
Of course Whitefang could be wrong, but given what we know and the hints, I think its true. And probably indeed a Destruction faction.

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Man, I would be excited to see a giant faction. The sculpts on the gargants are great? I wonder what the designers can do if they go wild? 

Armoured giants if I had my way. Shiny golden armour. In between the keeper of secrets and ogors in build and height. Kratos style weapons on chains. Probably a bit late for the designers to take my suggestions into account 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Armoured giants if I had my way. Shiny golden armour. In between the keeper of secrets and ogors in build and height. Kratos style weapons on chains. Probably a bit late for the designers to take my suggestions into account 😂

Why shiny golden armour? It's not a good looking scheme for Stormcast either, and the surfaces on a giant would be bigger.

• Thanks 1