The Rumour Thread

IF GW bring out a Giant Faction I think they will be usable by all 4 Grand alliances, with  different upgrades.  The Current Giant fits Ogors O&G and Chaos, so adding Order is easy.  Death a bit trickier, maybe a Zombie head, Bone club etc.

But what I think would be really cool, and ties in with hysh more, would be a Teclis faction of Giants.

Morathi made the Khinerai and Melusai with Slaanesh Souls, Teclis messed up the Deepkin with these corrupted souls, what if Teclis decides that the only safe way to resurrect Aelven souls is to place them in Penumbral War Engines.

Clockwork War Constructs powered by the Souls of dead Aelves, might I suggest trapping these Souls in a Gem Stone.

• Like 2

I was super disapointed not seeing the (actual) giants in the mawtribes battletome. They sould have been there. They fit superbly. But no. GW decided they don't fit. Weird choice. They'd have been magnificent, especially if they benefit from synergies.

I hope the same for the chaos giants (same kit) in the upcoming StD tome. But I'm pretty sure that i'll be disapointed once again....

3 hours ago, kench1 said:

IF GW bring out a Giant Faction I think they will be usable by all 4 Grand alliances, with  different upgrades.  The Current Giant fits Ogors O&G and Chaos, so adding Order is easy.  Death a bit trickier, maybe a Zombie head, Bone club etc.

But what I think would be really cool, and ties in with hysh more, would be a Teclis faction of Giants.

Morathi made the Khinerai and Melusai with Slaanesh Souls, Teclis messed up the Deepkin with these corrupted souls, what if Teclis decides that the only safe way to resurrect Aelven souls is to place them in Penumbral War Engines.

Clockwork War Constructs powered by the Souls of dead Aelves, might I suggest trapping these Souls in a Gem Stone.

There was a ruomor from earlier this year about a clockwork army. I always assumed it was the clockwork constructs that mine sigmarite as the rumor was it was an order army but it could be Aelves.

Edited by Soolong

I really don't agree with the (seeming) concensus that there will a Gargant faction coming up.  I mean, yes, they did say some "giant" was coming, but I just don't see it happening soon.  I guess it's more of a gut feeling than anything concrete.

Also that last little "hysh-hysh" line is just another example of the GW dad-puns.  That one almost definitely means nothing which is funny since Hysh Aelves would've been a likely new army in my opinion.

1 minute ago, michu said:

Which one? That one with Fomoroid Crusher?

Exactly. 

Just now, michu said:

Which one? That one with Fomoroid Crusher?

Precisely ;) 

They announced the release of the stand alone Iron Golem, Untamed Beasts and Chaotic beasts kits, of scenery from the starter (also its future discontinuation), showed the Tome of champion 2019, and previewed the monsters and the spire tyrants.

10 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

They have been teasing light aelves from the start and now suddenly its light gargants, what is going on? Seraphon, KO and Tzeentch were on the rumour list for next books, I really hope they update those armies before making some shiny gargants

GW switches it up between updating old armies and bringing out new ones. I mean, we just got Ossiarch Bonereapers and Ogor Mawtribes. 

We have rumours of KO, Tzeentch and Seraphon all completed before March. A new army in this period is unlikely but the Ossiarchs (new army) did come together with Ogors and a month before and after 3 other battletomes, so all it's possible when the release is just book and maybe endless spells..

Can anyone distinguish all kits from Mortal Realms? I can't see really well the scenery and the Stormcasts

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I am really getting upset now (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/enter-the-mortal-realms-in-2020/). Everytime there is some subscription model like this it is restricted to Spain, the UK and America. WTF!?

It's because GW isn't doing this, they are doing it through a 3rd party company who handle the magazines and distribution. GW just provides the models for packing. The magazine company has restricted regions that they work in which explains why this isn't a global release. GW might also be limiting it because of expected volume of production and GW's own capacity to produce for it. 

Just now, Overread said:

It's because GW isn't doing this, they are doing it through a 3rd party company who handle the magazines and distribution. GW just provides the models for packing. The magazine company has restricted regions that they work in which explains why this isn't a global release. GW might also be limiting it because of expected volume of production and GW's own capacity to produce for it. 

The 40K one did get expanded after a while, I believe Spain, France, Germany and Italy all came several months after?