The Rumour Thread

A giants faction in AoS is a must! Quite happy for them to be the imperial knights of AoS!

Alternatively a faction centred around them as others have mentioned on here would be great too.

Then we would have 4 destruction factions

Orruks.Gitz.ogors.giants

Although mostly I would like to see a new destruction faction never seen before (with giants obvs!)

48 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'd love to see a new giant that's closer to the size of the Mantic giant(which itself probably closer to a Bonegrinder in size).

This would indeed by great and not beyond the realms of could well happen... however...

.  there must be a fleeing peasant included as default

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

My prediction

- a new dual box Hysh Light Aelves vs Slaves to Darkness (Light vs Darkness)

- announcement of two new/updated battletomes Aelves & Slaves

- new gargant model that can be converted to Destruction gargant or Chaos gargant (to be used with new StD)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janevit said:

My prediction

- a new dual box Hysh Light Aelves vs Slaves to Darkness (Light vs Darkness)

- announcement of two new/updated battletomes Aelves & Slaves

- new gargant model that can be converted to Destruction gargant or Chaos gargant (to be used with new StD)

Slaves to darkness battletome has already been announced don't forget. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Ready to bet the giant refers to the announcement and it will be a campaign moving to Hysh...

An army of giants would be unpractical without some smaller troops but then you end up having Troggoths 2 or even worse Ogors 2 with no real reason. Behemoths would be a nice addition, maybe with Gotrex-like rules that can be used in any army of the same grand alliance.

Well couple of reasons. 1. The designers made cool order giants. 2. It’s a behemoth army for Order. 3. It’s already part of the narrative so it might fit really well with the story moving into hysh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

I lost a bit track of upcoming news. When are we supposed to get some updates on new stuff? 30. Nov for 40k from what I saw in the sororitas post, but do we know when AoS will have the next previews?

Slaves to darkness is out on December 14th, that means preorders on the 7th and rules previews starting on the 2nd if gw follows its usual routine. 

The next official AOS preview day is the new years open day  on January 4th

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JangutzKhan said:

Someone earlier was saying Dec 1 for Std previews? 

Yeah, that one was something I knew about. I was rather talking about a studio preview for releases for the next year :) But thanks!

49 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Slaves to darkness is out on December 14th, that means preorders on the 7th and rules previews starting on the 2nd if gw follows its usual routine. 

The next official AOS preview day is the new years open day is on January 4th

Ahh okay! Thanks a lot! I was already wondering because all this talk about giants made me feel like I missed an upcoming announcement this week :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Well couple of reasons. 1. The designers made cool order giants. 2. It’s a behemoth army for Order. 3. It’s already part of the narrative so it might fit really well with the story moving into hysh

Why a Hysh giant army would be Order? Chaos didn’t have new armies in decades and Destruction would do with something new.

Order this edition only after the consolidation still had Idoneth and Daughters, plus few more the previous edition and we know there’s potential for more between Kurnothi, Light and Dark Aelves...

Not against it but from a player base perspective a similar army in a different allegiance considering there’s not much lore apart a battletome is not really enough to attract attention...

17 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Remember the last two years there has been a special surprise preview on Christmas. Nurgle and Gloomspite respectively. 

What Angellic hymns might this year bring? 

Settra Claus, the Imperishable on his reindeer chariot

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Why a Hysh giant army would be Order? Chaos didn’t have new armies in decades and Destruction would do with something new.

Order this edition only after the consolidation still had Idoneth and Daughters, plus few more the previous edition and we know there’s potential for more between Kurnothi, Light and Dark Aelves...

Not against it but from a player base perspective a similar army in a different allegiance considering there’s not much lore apart a battletome is not really enough to attract attention...

Because of the lore describes a race of intelligent giants fighting alongside Sigmar. So seems like a good narrative hook. 

They could easily be done with Sigmar and now fight against him. Narrative is the easiest part. I just think a noble giants race would offer great models. Put them in units of three. Golden armour, golden shinguards and shields. Big chain weapons they swipe around to pulverise ranks of foot troops. But yeah everything is possible.

Just seems like an idea they have been teasing a bit in the last couple of narratives i've read.