The Rumour Thread

I just don't see anything Chaos about it, all things considered. Random bits of crude scrap metal bolted unto things is a staple for destruction and no one else. Chaos gear often looks worn, but still relatively high quality craftmanship.

It's particularly a thing for Ogors and Ironjawz, so assuming it's a club I still say Destruction Gargant.

• Like 3

It could be some for beasts of chaos, but otherwise it looks too crude to be chaos.

The rope and skulls is what throws me for a loop, as it does look like it is intended to primarily be at the angle shown, becuase it looks like an improvised giant club otherwise.

It could be some ballast to something, but the spikes facing down (again assumed because of the skulls angle) does not make much sense, although destruction is not prone to making all that much sense, but still...

Yeah, it's not easy to see anything but a Destruction Gargant's weapon there for me. The tassle bits are interesting.

This, the hints in the Old World announcement, Rippas Snarlfangs and Gitmob being Sun worshippers, I think we might be looking at a Hyish based Destruction Faction with multiple elements?

Could be pretty interesting. Hyish tends to be home of more civilised factions and the Rippas armor is better quality advanced than anything else in Destruction so it works with my expectation that we will see a smarter Destruction faction down the road.

39 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It could be some ballast to something, but the spikes facing down (again assumed because of the skulls angle) does not make much sense, although destruction is not prone to making all that much sense, but still...

Alright, let me hit you with this: it's the end of a giant piston, mounted on the bottom of a grotbag scuttler airship and meant to slam into the ground, crushing anything below in a fit of insane goblin engineering, the eventual descendant of the piston tech that ran the old snotling pump wagons. Like that big piston tank Mace Windu fought in the Star Wars cartoon:

latest?cb=20070131172926

(I may not be entirely serious about this theory, while still loving the idea of cackling goblins deploying this to pulp a stormcast champion directly into the earth)

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 4

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

the skull tassel on the top is facing downward though implying that the column is vertical based on gravity

What if the skull are facing backward, as the ram is retreating from a strike, before balancing again to make another ?

That way the skulls would be horizontal, because of the momentum ? 

It's the raised foot of a new Destruction construct for the Elemental Army. This one being the Rage Ent - an ancient tree gone crazed over the Age of Chaos when the Everqueen fell silent. Driven mad it fell in with a bunch of orks who praised it as the greatest warrior ever and adorned it with suitable metal bits to help improve its killy nature. This is one of the first titanic Elemetnals served by a loyal core of orruk warriors. Others will include Wild Tornadoes; Screaming Hurricanes; Boiling Laval constructs and the awesome Dragon Construct - a giant £100 dragon made of other dragons uniting into a super powerful dragon! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

c38e2c12.jpg.c001c21f0a582d3acd5115dc2016fbaf.jpg

I am rather certain that this is Gordrakk's battering ram with the skull of the godbeast. What we're seens ist the backside from a top-down view. I could be modelled in a foward motion so the tassels would fly backwards

While it could be a battering ram, i don't think that it could be one incorporating the skull of a godbeast. It looks too small for that, based on the human skull on the picture for scale, so if a godbeast skull was at the other end of the pictured item, it wouldn't be bigger than the skull of a Stonehorn.

The ram with the godbeast skull will likely remain only in the lore, as i imagine it to be as big as "Grond" from "Lord of the Rings", if not bigger.

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 1

in tribute to all the lads that like to work out a unit's damage output to 4 decimal places I have used advanced maths & science* and can say that based on the size of your average Citadel humanoid skull, that 'thing', whatever it is, is 2.25 cm in diameter at the rope part.

which as any man of science or scholar of the mortal realms will tell you means that it is 100% obviously an Idoneth Deepkin Endless Spell, and anyone who says otherwise is either a total moron or a GW shill paid to spread disinformation.

* a ruler

• Haha 9