The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

Who knows? I bet there would be more than one amazing way to do this, althrough it would be only "small" godbeasts as thoose in the lore are of the size of continents :D But Lorewise descendends of the Godbeasts would be an amazing thing

Magmadroth and Star dragons are descendent of godbeasts aren’t they? Vulcatrix and Dracothion respectively 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in spotting this dire situation regarding dragons! 

Honestly, some more behemoths Would be welcome across all factions (especially destruction). Nice big monsters, as the game is becoming very troop centric these days. Some siege weaponry would be nice too. 

Ready to bet the giant refers to the announcement and it will be a campaign moving to Hysh...

An army of giants would be unpractical without some smaller troops but then you end up having Troggoths 2 or even worse Ogors 2 with no real reason. Behemoths would be a nice addition, maybe with Gotrex-like rules that can be used in any army of the same grand alliance.

I would hate an army of giants, it‘s just too cheesy.

concerning dragons:

there are almost no good looking dragons on the market and most of GW‘s dragons look like obese small-winged snakes with an overbite and rabbit teeth. So yeah, there is a need for good dragons on the market imo.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I would hate an army of giants, it‘s just too cheesy.

concerning dragons:

there are almost no good looking dragons on the market and most of GW‘s dragons look like obese small-winged snakes with an overbite and rabbit teeth. So yeah, there is a need for good dragons on the market imo.

Well, there are at least some cool sculpts on the market. The Joan du Arc Kickstarter had this big bad boy that I would love to get for Skarrog Conversion for my blades of Khorne

By the way, I belive that AoS would handle an Knight-Counterpart-Army better than 40k did. The Core of 40k requires to take units with you enemy in mind. When you lack Anti Tank weapons, you mostly can´t do any serious damage to them at all. This leads to Knights beeing really an issue in competetive surrounding, where they have the tactical advantage to render 1/2 of the opponents weapons useless.

AoS with its inherited to hit/to wound stats should be able to dampen this effect.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, christophe said:

3 or 4 big armored giants with ranged weapons allied with 2 dozen some small animal-like minions could work (aether wing...). 

I could see a big Stormcast with the ability to either ferry smaller troops over the battlefield, or be a murder machine.

They should keep the Latinoid naming though, for instance, they could call it Optimus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, michu said:

We have still three chambers to open and one of them is Logister, so Lord-Calculus (like 40k Tallyman of Nurgle) is not improbable.

For the record - I like their faux latin names.

Oh, I hadn't researched it at all, but saw an opportunity to put a Transformer reference in AoS.

1 hour ago, michu said:

We have still three chambers to open and one of them is Logister, so Lord-Calculus (like 40k Tallyman of Nurgle) is not improbable.

For the record - I like their faux latin names.

I'm all for AoS gaining a War of the Beaurocrats. Between Lothan, Volkmortian and Epidemus accompanied by Spoilpox Scriveners we're already halfway there anyway :D

• Like 4

I wondered about the angle but the skulls and tassels make it look like it's meant to be roughly orientated like that, pointing down, otherwise my first thought was a battering ram of some kind.

to be honest it looks like a drill bit. a siege/tunnelling weapon perhaps? 

Edited by JPjr

Hmm, yeah it actually does look like a column decked out as a weapon. Giant Weapon for a giant model, then.

Which is interesting, because that very much looks like the weapon a destruction Gargant would have, not in line with the Sky Titans or Hysh Giant theories that have been floating around in the last few days.