The Rumour Thread

Different sorts of giants could be tied to the different realms: Fire giants from Aqshy, Metal golems from Chamon, Cloud giants from Azyr etc.

Either as a nomadic giant Realmswalker army, drawn from all corners of the world, or as an ally option for all armies to represent/support the home realm  of each army. 

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 3

Yeah, to do a full giant army I think it would need more diversity. The current giant model is awesome, and the variety of detail you can put into it is great, but all the options are different types of half naked barbarian giant, in various states of eating people or cattle. I feel like an army of "Civilised giants" with their own arms and armour, canons, etc would be a much more interesting hobby project.

I feel this is relevant news that some who only follow AoS might miss, GW-Community has put out an article aknowledging that the Sisters Battle Box sold out faster than is good and saying they are working on ways to avoid this sort of situation in the future. I think it's the first time Community actually explicitly aknowledges the developement of the new factory and distribution hub, though that was known via other channels:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

I feel this sort of article is a very good sign for the hobby in general. A lot of stuff GW has always been completely silent about mentioned in there.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, willange said:

A return to the idea of the godbeasts maybe?

Who knows? I bet there would be more than one amazing way to do this, althrough it would be only "small" godbeasts as thoose in the lore are of the size of continents :D But Lorewise descendends of the Godbeasts would be an amazing thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/18/sisters-of-battle-situation-report/

I feel this sort of article is a very good sign for the hobby in general.

Agreed. The should also help chip away at the hostility some people feel toward GW because those people think GW is somehow trying to squeeze the customer or use various forms of market manipulation that paint them as bad actors.

It really does seem like several of the supply issues have been due to high rates of success and low ability to keep up. For instance, this could be why the new models in the various dual sets have been slow to release on their own - not something sinister, just a hard time working them in to the production schedule due to limited facility availability.

Just sayin'. Maybe GW is not as evil as some people think.

9 hours ago, sandlemad said:

from the spectacle of the Tomb Kings Hierotitan in TW: WH2 (their focus on light and Egyptian aesthetic was always similar to that of Hysh in WHFB and even AoS) striding across the battlefield and just vaporising fools with its eye-lasers.

We do need more giants with laser eyes in AoS! 

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

The should also help chip away at the hostility some people feel toward GW because those people think GW is somehow trying to squeeze the customer or use various forms of market manipulation that paint them as bad actors.

Doubt it. I've recently read T9A forum topic about WH:Old World and people there consider GW worse than skaven and think that nothing good will come out of this....

Edited by michu
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Death: Bonewalker Giants or 

Or what? Don't leave us in suspense?

I would love an updated bone giant, but it would have to still have an option for the hat made of smaller skeletons. That was peak warhammer that was.

Edited by EccentricCircle
To actually add something to the discussion, rather than just making a joke.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I have a Troggoth army and that all comes from 3 kits plus a Hag, with enough diversity in the kits to give a fair bit of variation.  A standard Troggoth is a giant compared to a human, so there's no reason why new Gargants couldn't follow the same size and type range with only 4 new kits ( though, naturally, I'd want more).

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I just want a massive Ossiarch dragon!

Or A Daughters of Khaine dragon

Just more DRAGONS! 

Seriously, I'm noticing a distinct lack of dragons coming from GW of late. Ideally I would like to see a new army of dragons to compensate this great injustice but I'll take at least one or two units.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Seriously, I'm noticing a distinct lack of dragons coming from GW of late. Ideally I would like to see a new army of dragons to compensate this great injustice but I'll take at least one or two units.

I'm glad I'm not alone in spotting this dire situation regarding dragons! 

• Like 3