The Rumour Thread

If it is anything to do with the old world I am rage quitting the hobby, burning my rulebooks and taking a hammer to all my existing models.

i refuse to partake in anything that rewards in anyway the kind of people that in the year of our Lord, two thousand and nineteen, make a point of moaning about WHFB on nearly every single AoS related social media post, or in comments in god forsaken places like BoLS or Spikey Bits (in fact for those last two just visiting those sites at all should put you on some kind of government watchlist).

• Like 5
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

God Beasts won't appear in AoS - you can't put your chair on the table and as much as they'd be cool even the Reaver and Warlord Titan's don't sell in vast numbers (heck many gamers have never seen them outside of major GW events or photos online). Heck has anyone ever seen a Tau Manta?! 

Those creatures I think are best in a game like Warmaster for AoS. Where not only are they possible to be bought for a sane price by most gamers; but where the scale of battle and the display of that battle means that they fit the table. Warlords in 40K are freaking awesome, but they are mostly a big "stands there and shoots" model more than anything. But put them in Adepticus Titanicus (or epic) and things change and become far more dynamic and fun to use the titans .

4 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I Really dont want to see the return of WHFB. It's in the past. It's over. Let's move on.

Totally off the wall guess; large scale battles from the Age of Myth.

Were there any? Chaos wasn‘t present and all gods were pals so the only enemies might have been godbeasts?

GW could pull the Riverdale-Storytelling card: Just adding events that don‘t make sense as we please“ - but I doubt that.

Edited by JackStreicher

11 minutes ago, JPjr said:

If it is anything to do with the old world I am rage quitting the hobby, burning my rulebooks and taking a hammer to all my existing models.

i refuse to partake in anything that rewards in anyway the kind of people that in the year of our Lord, two thousand and nineteen, make a point of moaning about WHFB on nearly every single AoS related social media post, or in comments in god forsaken places like BoLS or Spikey Bits (in fact for those last two just visiting those sites at all should put you on some kind of government watchlist).

Hahaha good one. Pretty hilarious. :D 

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Bye

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Can I have your *insert name of stuff you own* before you sacrifice it to the God of Consumer Trash?

Too late I’ve already started the conflagration as a preemptive warning shot across GW’s bows. I will not submit to an existence that if they were to introduce another form of entertainment that doesn’t 100% cater to my whims might, for all purposes, be considered a half life lived under the yoke of despotic tyranny. No sir, I do not like it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Remember, whenever this new square game takes place, be it age of myth or old world

There will be no SCE, KO, IDK, OSB or NH

These things only 'exist' after age of sigmar

There's a bunch of 'natural' nighthaunt that could appear, the WHFB legacy models (and the Black Coach). These would be the ones who weren't hauled out of their particular punishments by Lady Olynder, the ones mentioned early on in the NH battletome's timeline. You could include the Knights of Shrouds too. But point taken.

Actually for the Age of Myth most of those armies do exist in some form. Slaanesh was entrapped during the Age of Myth so Idoneth Deepkin, Daughters of Khaine - the unreleased "Dark aelves" are all around (light ones we aren't too sure on yet). Meanwhile Ossiarchs were made during the Age of Myth too, Nagash just didn't use them until he found a general. However they weren't an early part of the Age of Myth. 

I'm fairly sure the KO were also around during the Age of Myth. 

Really the only one that wasn't around in any form was Stormcast. Though you can argue armies like Nighthaunt were around in form but not in organisation as a military force; but Stormcast are the only ones that, thus far, were straight up not around at all. Although its also clear that Sigmar was still saving souls during the early phase - so "Proto stormcast" could have been a thing; but no large organised army. 

Also note the Age of Myth is a bit like talking about the Roman Era. It's a huge span of time that shifts from basically wild people only just surviving through to a massive classical age of building and civilisation and development. It's a span of many thousands of years and generations. 

5 minutes ago, JackdawGin said:

Excited for the buddy cop adventures of Sigmar and Nagash they hinted at in the Soul Wars book.

Can’t believe it’s been over a year and they haven’t delivered on this yet. A young cocksure Sigmar & Nagash, hitting the sirens on their flaming chariot to pull over some rampaging godbeast.

Sigmar leaning out and pointing his big hammer at the chthonic creature, turning to camera and with a big ******-eating grin saying “hey pal, my partner here’s got... A bone to pick with you.”

Cue power-metal theme music and gaudy credits. It’s what Saturday afternoon tv was made for.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Too late I’ve already started the conflagration as a preemptive warning shot across GW’s bows. I will not submit to an existence that if they were to introduce another form of entertainment that doesn’t 100% cater to my whims might, for all purposes, be considered a half life lived under the yoke of despotic tyranny. No sir, I do not like it.

You might have to buy more stuff to keep the fire going until you are sure the fire needs to exist...

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

so Idoneth Deepkin, Daughters of Khaine - the unreleased "Dark aelves" are all around

Yeah but IDK was only discovered by others after necroquake, before that they were in extreme isolation, light elves are more likely though.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Meanwhile Ossiarchs were made during the Age of Myth too, Nagash just didn't use them until he found a general.

Nagash hided them, no one knows about bonereapers until now

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

'm fairly sure the KO were also around during the Age of Myth. 

The society, culture and technology of Kharadon only developed after age of chaos, when some duardins were forced to escape their homeland and to the sky

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom_gore said:

You're not really supposed to use them in melee, but yeah I know what you mean. I wish there was an easier and faster way of counting who can fight and who cannot.

Minimag "trays" at least are useful in melee, and are as unobtrusive as they can be. As for who can fight, staggering the second row makes them comfortably reach the first row, anything more is hard/impossible.

40 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah but IDK was only discovered by others after necroquake, before that they were in extreme isolation, light elves are more likely though.

Nagash hided them, no one knows about bonereapers until now

The society, culture and technology of Kharadon only developed after age of chaos, when some duardins were forced to escape their homeland and to the sky

More like at the beginning of the Age of Chaos. They spent AOC hiding in the toxic clouds of Chamon.