The Rumour Thread

MOD NOTICE

Even if you mean it in jest do NOT advocate pirating copyright content. Doesn't matter if its music, books, games whatever - DON'T do it. If you are unsure if you wish to purchase a book then there are numerous websites and youtube channels that will give breakdown reviews of the content; fellow gamers will do this also. In addition many GW stores will hold store copies and if you're active in gaming then chances are you're part of a group/club that plays who likely will have people to pick up the new publications. There are many legal ways to review content before making your own purchasing choices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

GW's general official stance on the rules of their own game is that the entire game happens as an agreement between those taking part. GW provides rules, guidelines, FAQ, Errata, points, base size charts and even their own tournament pack. HOWEVER unless the event is being organised by GW themselves, there is no governing body nor enforcement of rules that GW has over events nor your local games.

You can play warhammer with action figures using Kings of War rules at your own Warhammer Tournament if you want. GW won't sponsor it but they won't stop you either (heck they can't even if they really really wanted too). It's your game your rules. GW just provides an optional structure for you to use if you so wish. 

Of course in the practical world there are a lot of conventions that most people expect/assume to be the case for the majority of events; esp at the national/international level. One of those is the use of correct bases as proscribed in the base size chart published by GW. Of course online this level is where most of the discussion tends to gravitate toward, not because its superior or better, but simply because its  a simpler united front that provides a point of stable reference. Since most local situations can vary heavily from two siblings playing each other through to local clubs and groups and stores etc.... - the variety is huge and very diverse so becomes harder to talk about in a general sense. 

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Video from the warhammer community suggests a game in the old world like 30k is to 40k

Jesus. Incredible, so that's what I thought : 

FW or whatever after the Reorganization (Now called "Warhammer Legends" or something like that ?) will handle Warhammer Fantasy Battle with Square bases and Horus Heresy with 40k 7th-ed like consolidated rules (found in the recent Age Of Darkness rulebook) and idem for AOS, with a consolidated WFB ruleset I guess based on 6th or 8th edition...

AND. SQUARE. BASES. 

I guess i could be related to the time in AoS storyline when Chaos started slowly to take over the realms during the age of myths?

Could be interesting in the sense that mythical spells and creatures which are not in AoS anymore could be released... Hell maybe godbeasts and gods?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

But but but, how can they support a game for which most miniatures are not available to buy any more?? Would that mean FW will now start building WFB miniatures like they do with 30k?

That would be amazing as there’s a fair bit of crossover in models usable in 30k and 40k

Of course there would be a FW range of miniatures involved. You really think GW is going to publish a ruleset just for old miniatures everyone already has in their garage? Where's the money in that?

I still don't think this is Old World stuff. More likely Age of Myth or Age of Chaos. A "brand new" setting with "brand new" rules. Just like Horus Heresy is for 40k.

I would still be very surprised if this is set in the old world, it sounds much more likely to be the Age of Myth isn’t it? 

which then if the game wasn’t 28mm scale (which makes sense to me it not being but who knows...) would give an opportunity to have all kind of monstrous god beasts and the like On the table

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghark said:

I guess i could be related to the time in AoS storyline when Chaos started slowly to take over the realms during the age of myths?

Could be interesting in the sense that mythical spells and creatures which are not in AoS anymore could be released... Hell maybe godbeasts and gods?

To bring godbeasts believeably in AoS they'd have to change the scale. Which of course they might (and make sure everyone still needs to keep their old Fantasy Battle miniatures in the garage and buy new ones).

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Whoa. I hope this comes with a serious reorganisation because as-is FW can barely look after the horus heresy range and the WHFB/Warhammer legends side of things is several times larger.

There are two majour things that need to happen for me to pick up whatever it is even before knowing any details: a restructure so they don't take ages compared to the main studio and moving away from resin for such big releases since it's way too expensive and not as nice a material to work with as the plastic from the main studio.

It could be anything and I don't want to speculate too much as there are a lot of things that could happen. It might even just be a lot of noise about GW releasing "Warhammer Legacy rules document" with rules for the Old World all prettied up. 

That said with a new factory coming online at some stage that does give GW quite considerable expansion room.