The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, Chikout said:

A bit of news from Tom on Warhammer weekly. He has heard from someone he calls reliable that the faq won't come till January and it will contain a nerf to the soulscream bridge. 

He was also told that the Seraphon book will come in January followed by Ko and Tzeentch in February. No info about minis. 

I really hope that FAQ drops early Jan so that we can use it for the world's largest AOS tournament on the 25th. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I hope all they‘ll do is sell Regiment bases in which round bases fit so you can play with your round base models VS squares (pretty much what ASoIaF is doing right now)

DB94CF2C-28B6-4D76-976F-D7E0D5C75637.jpeg.0685c699cda25ed36a42e29e1aef9c44.jpeg

and then add a cleaner, simpler version of the 8th Ed rules for humongous battles.

This would actually be super cool, modify the rules to account for flanks charges etc alongside potentially a IGOUGO system. I would be all for that. Everytime I play ASoIaF or PB:Conquest i always think it would be sweet if AoS could have a rank n flank side. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

I'm normally king of the fanboys, but the way this tease is being handled rubs me the wrong way.  Square to round was a hugely contentious issue at the End Times to AoS transition, one that split many communities and there is still some lingering bad blood to this day.  I think they are being a bit too flippant about it, in a way that comes across to me as callous or dismissive.  I'm NOT expecting square bases in AoS, and I don't anticipate that whatever they have in mind for square bases will be any kind of wrong.  It's just the presentation of this tease that I don't care for.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this 'tease' either. It's clearly been done to provoke a reaction and gain a bit of internet buzz, which usually means that what ever it is isn't actually any good. A good hobby product should sell it self and doesn't need this kind of sneak/tease advertising. All this aims to do is to provoke a reaction.

If it's anything less than a legacy version of WFB then some people are going to be cross and feel cheated, even if they are the ones that convinced themselves that it was coming. There is going to be a lot of disappointed people, come 3pm tomorrow, and then a lot of people complaining about those people moaning the day after. It's stirring up unrest in hobby groups and it's not good for the community.

Provoking a reaction is basically marketing. With one picture GW has ensured that everyone online that keeps an eye on their game is now a buzz and will check out the news (whatever it is) tomorrow. They've promised nothing and only hinted that squares are back - very vague. Honestly it seems to be nothing more than "GW might stock square bases again" 

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

The text implies base adaptors and that definitely feels like the most logical option. GW already released movement trays so I don’t see them releasing more movement trays.

It does feel like it’s a few years late though.

Tell that to the hundreds of Fantasy models still in my cellar.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mmh, could it be that they are going to make square bases a legal thing in the competitive environment of aos?

That wouldn't do anything except ****** people off and ruin balance. If people were interested in the competitive scene they'd rebase their minis.

IMO, it's just gonna be a release date for/more information on the new Legends update and points.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Well a rumor on 4chan before this leak here says Seraphon in January, Kharadron in February, and Tzeentch in march. 

If this is true, then I’m afraid there won’t be a lot of new models. Which is ok for Kharadron and Tzeentch, but a little dad for Seraphon. We’ll see...

I was expecting StD dropping in the end of this year with the push-fit start collecting set and then more models (non push-fit) start next year. Very much like the new sisters, who get an army box this month and te rest of the range released early next year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

That wouldn't do anything except ****** people off and ruin balance. If people were interested in the competitive scene they'd rebase their minis.

IMO, it's just gonna be a release date for/more information on the new Legends update and points.

Greatswords would easily get three rows attacking vs 40, and probably 32mm bases, just put them diagonally and stick them s far between the other models as you can.

2 hours ago, elfhead said:

If this is true, then I’m afraid there won’t be a lot of new models. Which is ok for Kharadron and Tzeentch, but a little dad for Seraphon. We’ll see...

I was expecting StD dropping in the end of this year with the push-fit start collecting set and then more models (non push-fit) start next year. Very much like the new sisters, who get an army box this month and te rest of the range released early next year.

Yeah I have no hope for the new ko book. I doubt we’ll get much. My bets on Tzeench getting the lion share of new stuff and good rules.m

Edited by Barkanaut

I could see Seraphon getting the endless spell, scenery treatment in January, and a box set plus double battletome release in February for Ko and Tzeentch with a new hero for each, much like Skaven and fec got this February. 

As for the square base thing it is probably Warhammer legends. We already know the full range of products that are coming this year thanks to that leak. 

If AOS is getting a big apocalypse style release this year why announce it now? 

The Friday news makes me think that if it's not legends it could be something from forgeworld. 

I always thought that if they brought fantasy back they should do a War of the Beard game as a fantasy equivalent of the Horus heresy with a limited number of factions. 

5 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Well a rumor on 4chan before this leak here says Seraphon in January, Kharadron in February, and Tzeentch in march. 

Hm, I prefer to believe @Chikout from a few pages back quoting @Thomas Lyons than cChan, but even if Tzeentch is March instead of, say, late February the pace of releases is astounding. 

17 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

My expectations are so astonishingly low I’m going to pirate it first. 

You shouldn't say that, more like "I'm gonna read the book carefully at the store before I buy it"... ;) 

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I could see Seraphon getting the endless spell, scenery treatment in January, and a box set plus double battletome release in February for Ko and Tzeentch with a new hero for each, much like Skaven and fec got this February. 

As for the square base thing it is probably Warhammer legends. We already know the full range of products that are coming this year thanks to that leak. 

If AOS is getting a big apocalypse style release this year why announce it now? 

The Friday news makes me think that if it's not legends it could be something from forgeworld. 

I always thought that if they brought fantasy back they should do a War of the Beard game as a fantasy equivalent of the Horus heresy with a limited number of factions. 

100% this. The great reorganization of Forge World may led to this too.

Or maybe 99%, as I think GW will before the end of the years tease us with some 2020 previews (probably Light Aelves, but I hope new Battletomes-only release and the Siege Apocalypse supplement too).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

My expectations are so astonishingly low I’m going to pirate it first. 

Come on dude, have you been hitting yourself in the head with your Gunhaulers so much you've done yourself an injury? Or are you deliberately provoking a reaction? Even if you are going to pirate it, surely you know by now that chatting about it publicly here is not going to do you any favours. Just say "I'm going to read a friend's before I buy it" or something if you really need to make the point at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Surely if you were going to do it, it would already be done though right? I think we can be fairly sure that if it is adaptors then they will be more expensive than 3rd party options.

Well GW movement trays are actually quite affordable comparing to many similar quality 3rd party options. So we'll see.