The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Apocalipse for AoS maybe? It could be awesome!!!!!

7 minutes ago, michu said:

And now someone on twitter had an interesting idea that maybe it will mean square movement trays for siege games.

Something like that (their picture):

EJV9nMqXsAEJi44.jpg

AoS apocalypse with movement trays could be cool.

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

A bit of news from Tom on Warhammer weekly. He has heard from someone he calls reliable that the faq won't come till January and it will contain a nerf to the soulscream bridge. 

He was also told that the Seraphon book will come in January followed by Ko and Tzeentch in February. No info about minis. 

Good to know ! If it's true than we look at StD, then KO-Seraphon-Tzeentch and, according to our own source, Light Aelves before June. 

That would continues the pretty sick run we got in 2019 into 2020 ! Speaking of pretty sick : 

43 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Square bases.... what?!?

- GW sells square bases again. Why not, nothing special. 

- It has something to do with Warhammer Legends.

- GW relaunch Warhammer Fantasy with a consolidated rules set like the last edition of Age Of Darkness for Horus Heresy (hmmm. A bit "out of nowhere, there would be more teasing and hypes). 

- GW announce "square bases" movement trays for the hypothetical Siege supplement ala LOTR "War of the Ring", as expected above. 

1 hour ago, madmac said:

It doesn't really match the Seraphon aesthetic. The new rumor actually worries me a bit, just because there aren't really any rumor engines that look strongly like Seraphon and that reduces the chance of them getting new models in January. Still holding out hope for new Saurus models though.

8C78EA77-012C-4F4A-81E8-C4D9020C886B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

It was my first thought. ApocaSigmar with tank and file using rount to square movement trays like the ones the ASoIF game uses.

There is a rumored Siege supplement for next year said to be "like Apocalypse but for AOS" - so the only difference would be less big kits / super heavy equivalents, and more BIG SCENERY (OBR Bone fortress comes to mind). 

And of course Warmaster alike War of the Ring / A Song of Ice and Fire square movement trays with round slots ;) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

I hate the idea of them going back to selling square bases, but I love the idea of square movement trays for siege games.  I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Well It would definitely make it easier to play the old warhammer fantasy editions.

it may not be supported, but is definitely still played by a few people (including myself)

• Like 1

I'm normally king of the fanboys, but the way this tease is being handled rubs me the wrong way.  Square to round was a hugely contentious issue at the End Times to AoS transition, one that split many communities and there is still some lingering bad blood to this day.  I think they are being a bit too flippant about it, in a way that comes across to me as callous or dismissive.  I'm NOT expecting square bases in AoS, and I don't anticipate that whatever they have in mind for square bases will be any kind of wrong.  It's just the presentation of this tease that I don't care for.

• Like 7

Well, so long as I can still play my older armies on squares, and newer ones on rounds I'll be happy. I have yet to rebase anything, and have no plans to. Life is too short to worry about what shape my toy soldiers stand on!

The main problem I've got these days is keeping armies consistent. For the most part its easy enough to keep with a base style within a collection, but there are an increasing number of cases where I've ended up with a few models on contrasting bases, which can be a little annoying. Deciding which to choose for a newer army can also be a challenge. At the moment I'm working on gloomspite, and decided to go with rounds, because I would run out of bases if I tried to use my stock of squares for that many goblins, but it does make the army slightly less versatile, since it would be tricky to use them in retrogames. Maybe they'll have found some sort of solution, which lets you freely convert between the two, but I can't think of a good way to do that in practice!

15 minutes ago, michu said:

I don't see anything dismissive in this tease? They don't say that squares are superior or something.

I think that it's a tease at all is too light of a tone.  It was a serious problem, not that long ago, that should be handled more delicately.  Being teased about square bases hurts me, in a small way, by reminding me of former casual friends that I don't see any more because we no longer have a game in common (and that schism had no small amount of bad feelings at the time).  Being straight-up told how square bases are going to be used would not have been hurtful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

AoS-Apocalypse with it's own kind-of-similar ruleset akin to 40k and 8th Apocalypse, one which harkens back to Fantasy with more streamlined ranked shenanigans akin to Kings of War/A Song of Ice and Fire.

WHFB going to Forge World in a similar vein to Lord of the Rings.

Those are my two guesses... however, both of those things feel like something they'd save for an event reveal rather than randomly reveal them on Community one night. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1