The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Why is no one guessing a new beast for warcry? Seems loosely consistent with the cat llama, and the rumors were we might see a few more of them as we get closer to the release.

I actually think it’s something for Lord of the Rings. Has that sort of vibe to it

• Like 1

A bit of news from Tom on Warhammer weekly. He has heard from someone he calls reliable that the faq won't come till January and it will contain a nerf to the soulscream bridge. 

He was also told that the Seraphon book will come in January followed by Ko and Tzeentch in February. No info about minis. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A bit of news from Tom on Warhammer weekly. He has heard from someone he calls reliable that the faq won't come till January and it will contain a nerf to the soulscream bridge. 

He was also told that the Seraphon book will come in January followed by Ko and Tzeentch in February. No info about minis. 

I wonder if the latest rumour engine is for Seraphon then, maybe a new skink priest or one of the other skink heroes. The skink on the Troglodon has a double tail that looks a little like this rumour but the aesthetics don't match up, so unless they're moving away from the aztec/mayan look and AoSifying them with a brand new look it probably isn't. Honestly that the frustrating thing with these rumour images, it's almost impossible to know.

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

So, classic armies + long neglected =popular?

Aelves and Dwarves, I see you coming 😎

But by the same criteria that means you have to wait another decade at least 😂😂😂

If by February they have all battletomes out I cant wait to see what happens in spring to AoS!!!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Túrbóbelja said:

I play both S2D and Tzeentch and my primary opponent collects Seraphon. I don't know we are going to handle the first months of 2020 O.o 

I hope Seraphon get some cool stuff. I play Tzeentch (and now with some STD Warriors) too but we got almost everything we need. Spells would be fitting as T is the God of magic, the two missing chars in plastic are less important (would be cool though).

But.. here's the actual thing I wanna add: with sisters getting a multipart release after the pushfits (like many other units before them), it's kinda safe to assume that Chaos Warriors might get one too at the start of 2020.

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

But by the same criteria that means you have to wait another decade at least 😂😂😂

If by February they have all battletomes out I cant wait to see what happens in spring to AoS!!!

Well, for Freeguild a good part of their sets came out before 2010 (I want to say all, but am unsure of a few sets), so the first decade is done.

13 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I hope Seraphon get some cool stuff. I play Tzeentch (and now with some STD Warriors) too but we got almost everything we need. Spells would be fitting as T is the God of magic, the two missing chars in plastic are less important (would be cool though).

But.. here's the actual thing I wanna add: with sisters getting a multipart release after the pushfits (like many other units before them), it's kinda safe to assume that Chaos Warriors might get one too at the start of 2020.

Yeah, Tzeentch will hopefully get the most epic Endless Spells :D They would deserve it

I also bet on a bigger S2D2 releas 2020. It would make sense. I could imagine GW to slowly turn more and more SC!-Boxes into Monopose kits as this serves the business modell better

16 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Kharadron VS Tzeentch box set would be cool, if they're both dropping in February. 

Recreate the cover of Iron Dragons and release a plastic chaos dragon. 

That would be a box set I'd be interested in. I like both styles quite a bit, the weirdness of Tzeench (and the Ogroid Thaumaturge), and flying steampunk dwarves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

So maybe the tusked rumor is a better chance at being Seraphon than LOTR or (Exodite?) 40k?

It doesn't really match the Seraphon aesthetic. The new rumor actually worries me a bit, just because there aren't really any rumor engines that look strongly like Seraphon and that reduces the chance of them getting new models in January. Still holding out hope for new Saurus models though.

15 minutes ago, madmac said:

It doesn't really match the Seraphon aesthetic. The new rumor actually worries me a bit, just because there aren't really any rumor engines that look strongly like Seraphon and that reduces the chance of them getting new models in January. Still holding out hope for new Saurus models though.

There’s still that lizard-looking tail in the Rumour Engine. It didn’t belong to the new StD lord’s mount.

• Like 1