The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Idoneth need a new tome and endless spells. 

Why exactly? StD are the last faction that really need a tome. Anything else is just an update~

I understand it is your favorite faction, nevertheless there is no reason for a special treatment. The faction is fine, like any other is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Delusional is a bit harsh, isn't it?

yes perhaps its connotations are a bit too negative, I apologize . but where i am from we use it alot in informal language when we think someone is wrong. I sometimes forget not everyone speaks like me.

edit:

"You seem to go from the assumption that there'd be a direct continuation of the dynamic between high elves and dark elves in WHFB, despite that dynamic having already been dissolved during the endtimes and never given any importance in AoS. Wether I'm right or wrong about there being only one more army (I consider it just a theory myself, as written in the quoted post), I think you may end up quite disappointed either way if you expect a redo of High and Dark Elves. They are gone, whatever comes now will most likely both be GA:Order on both sides and will not have the same enmity and I think only as tenuous a connection to Ulthuan and Naggarythe as Bonereapers have to Kemri."

you assume too much of what i assume. they have been mentioned as fighting and as communities, ie they are so far separate political entities. I also see them as allies, so your assumption that i see them as a continuation of the old dynamic is wrong. but i see no reason for them to be the same army, and highly doubt GW would do it.

Edited by Turin Turambar
added stuff
  • Like 1

There is another precedent for a dark-mirror type of single release - The Geminids.

I don't follow the lore much, but Uhl-Gysh seems to be a thing.

Plus, I feel that if they were separate, we'd have seen one of them already to prevent their sales cannibalising each other (elf people tend to like elves in general - no matter the flavour).

Otherwise, the hypothetical second army would have to be years away, as we haven't even had a hint of the hypothetical first army's model release.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Why exactly? StD are the last faction that really need a tome. Anything else is just an update~

I understand it is your favorite faction, nevertheless there is no reason for a special treatment. The faction is fine, like any other is

While technically having a Battletome, Seraphon's came out in 2015 (i.e. a few months after AoS dropped) when they game was vastly different to what it is today and was still finding its feet.

I think it was before the game even had points, right?

Edited by Kyriakin

37 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

There is another precedent for a dark-mirror type of single release - The Geminids.

I don't follow the lore much, but Uhl-Gysh seems to be a thing.

Plus, I feel that if they were separate, we'd have seen one of them already to prevent their sales cannibalising each other (elf people tend to like elves in general - no matter the flavour).

Otherwise, the hypothetical second army would have to be years away, as we haven't even had a hint of the hypothetical first army's model release.

idoneth deepkin and DoK were both released in 2018, so elvish releases were already quite booked up and it shows that they don't need to be years apart

14 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

idoneth deepkin and DoK were both released in 2018, so elvish releases were already quite booked up and it shows that they don't need to be years apart

Neither of those are elves in the more traditional sense though.

I sometimes forget that IDK even are elves, while DoK - while obviously spun out of the old Dark Elves - are very feral and lack the ornateness and discipline usually associated with the elf archetype. In both cases, the theme (i.e. blood-frenzied murder girls and the whole marine/aquatic thing) takes prominence over their race. Or, to put it another way, either army could have been, say, human-based, with little change in their overall aesthetic.

I feel a spiritual successor to the more traditional HE and DE would have far more overlap - both in terms of visual design, and intended customer base - than IDK and DoK, who have almost nothing in common besides both technically being elves.

Edited by Kyriakin

33 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

Starting two completely new ranges at the same time seems quite a daunting task, if I may be honest. However, GW does seem to have the production capacity for it and  I wouldn't mind seeing a Light vs Shadow elves starter box set. I know I'd want one and the same goes for my friend. We're both in the wait and see camp at the moment, hopefully once GW goes around to those projects we won't be left cold. 

Edited by Tiger

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

While technically having a Battletome, Seraphon's came out in 2015 (i.e. a few months after AoS dropped) when they game was vastly different to what it is today and was still finding its feet.

I think it was before the game even had points, right?

It was.

Seraphon have had a few key updates since, and badly need a new book. They are one of the most un-fun armies to face on the table, plus their infantry and cavalry model ranges are massively outdated.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

It was.

Seraphon have had a few key updates since, and badly need a new book. They are one of the most un-fun armies to face on the table, plus their infantry and cavalry model ranges are massively outdated.

Skaven's range is in an even worse state, and they got nothing*. At least the Skink part of the Lizzies still holds up (Saurus side of the range is gash though, I agree).

* Complete speculation on my part, but I wonder if they are waiting on the Year of the Rat and its marketing possibilities.

Edited by Kyriakin

11 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Someone asked earlier what it was, presumably assuming it was new. Posting the conversion clears it up. 

🚨👮‍♂️ not good enough citizen, we’ll have no community building or frivolous chit-chat here, report to your local rumour control centre immediately for re-education 🚨

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Charleston said:

I think you're being pretty narrow here. I agree that StD is one of the last factions that absolutely NEEDED a BT to be playable but that doesn't automatically negate the need for others. What I don't understand is how you can call every other faction fine. 

I wouldn't define "fine" as having 1 or 2 playable lists. That would be setting the bar very low in my opinion.

How would you define it?

Edited by Horseburner
Wording.

5 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Neither of those are elves in the more traditional sense though.

I sometimes forget that IDK even are elves, while DoK - while obviously spun out of the old Dark Elves - are very feral and lack the ornateness and discipline usually associated with the elf archetype. In both cases, the theme (i.e. blood-frenzied murder girls and the whole marine/aquatic thing) takes prominence over their race. Or, to put it another way, either army could have been, say, human-based, with little change in their overall aesthetic.

I feel a spiritual successor to the more traditional HE and DE would have far more overlap - both in terms of visual design, and intended customer base - than IDK and DoK, who have almost nothing in common besides both technically being elves.

you probably shouldn't see them as spiritual successors tho. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

🚨👮‍♂️ not good enough citizen, we’ll have no community building or frivolous chit-chat here, report to your local rumour control centre immediately for re-education 🚨

Cheers dit’s for the sarcastic reply.  

My point is for those of us who want to catch up on rumours and don’t want have to wade through pages of random conversation it becomes a bit of a chore.  Surely if you want these conversations you could start a new  thread or join an existing one and have you chit chat there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

you assume too much of what i assume. they have been mentioned as fighting and as communities, ie they are so far separate political entities. I also see them as allies, so your assumption that i see them as a continuation of the old dynamic is wrong. but i see no reason for them to be the same army, and highly doubt GW would do it.

I'm sorry if I assumed to much,it seemed to me like the most likely basis for the conclusions you made.

Just one last question, you wouldn't remember where the aelves of Malerion and Tyrion have been mentioned as fighting each other? I think I must have missed that.

6 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I'm sorry if I assumed to much,it seemed to me like the most likely basis for the conclusions you made.

Just one last question, you wouldn't remember where the aelves of Malerion and Tyrion have been mentioned as fighting each other? I think I must have missed that.

the basis of my conclusions, is that they are based around a different realm and incarnate/god (and thus wind of magic), and have been discribed so far as being close to opposites. while simultaneously never being mentioned together (the aelves themselves not their gods). just to clear things up.

I am not aware of any shadow-light aelf fights, it was Tiger that brought that up...

8 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

the basis of my conclusions, is that they are based around a different realm and incarnate/god (and thus wind of magic), and have been discribed so far as being close to opposites. while simultaneously never being mentioned together (the aelves themselves not their gods). just to clear things up.

I am not aware of any shadow-light aelf fights, it was Tiger that brought that up...

I guess we just read the slim information so far provided on them very differently. It's the nature of speculation I'd say, there really isn't enough info for anything else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charleston said:

Wrong. 

Idoneth are in a similar, albeit slightly better, position to kharadron. In that they are a new model range which has a terrible army book. 

The eel spam build is the only viable way to play the army and that is mostly due to the inherent strength of their warscrolls rather than the army book. 

Thralls, Reavers, Sharks etc are dead units. 

• Like 2