The Rumour Thread

SO :

- Gordrakk got a big godbeast skull mounted on a Siege Engine, heading right to the Free City of Excelsis (and then the gates of Azyr), which have lots of fortifications and Stormkeeps....

- The Ossiarch are building Bone Fortresses everywhere (mostly in Shyish and Ghur, for the moment, but even Ghyran, according to the OBR and CoS Battletomes)....

- Katakros take Gothizzar and invade the Eightpoints, the most heavily fortified location in all the Mortal Realms ....

"SIEGE-CENTERED" SUPPLEMENT WHEN GW ?!?!?!?!

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, JPjr said:

there's a siege section in the core rulebook, 4 pages of rules and 2 battleplans (p292-296). it's fairly basic stuff but a start to build from if you wanted to put in the effort.

Yeah I remember being a bit disappointed by those rules, they basically were just an additional phase before the game started and that's it.

My buddy and I then made our own system, also very basic but more fun for us.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

SO :

- Gordrakk got a big godbeast skull mounted on a Siege Engine, heading right to the Free City of Excelsis (and then the gates of Azyr), which have lots of fortifications and Stormkeeps....

- The Ossiarch are building Bone Fortresses everywhere (mostly in Shyish and Ghur, for the moment, but even Ghyran, according to the OBR and CoS Battletomes)....

- Katakros take Gothizzar and invade the Eightpoints, the most heavily fortified location in all the Mortal Realms ....

If this truly comes to pass we may finally see some new fortifcation scenery, I mean the last officially released set was the dreadhold, and that didn’t sell well.

9 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Yeah I remember being a bit disappointed by those rules, they basically were just an additional phase before the game started and that's it.

My buddy and I then made our own system, also very basic but more fun for us.

Do you mind sharing brother?

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

SO :

Do we have confirmation about Gordrakk aiming towards Excelsis? I read it as a theory in this forum but from what I read in the different short stories he is heading somewhere but we don’t know where (didn’t read the Mawtribes book yet). If yes, please source.

I’m asking because from the Ossiarch book it seems clear Nagash is on the winning side so far and pressing everyone really hard. To avoid having all destroyed we need a pretty bad event happening to him or all his armies and sure enough could be Archaeon getting involved, but what if Gordrakk is actually heading towards Nagashizzar? What better way to test a god-like weapon than fighting another god? I don’t even think Gordrakk cares about Nagash as much as he wants a fight with Sigmar and that would solve two problems at once: Nagash stopped for a while and a Destruction centered campaign after Death...

Edited by alghero81

12 minutes ago, michu said:

Oh, sorry, they said it was campaign so I assumed it means something for Warcry.

no problem :) I'm just really itching for some new warbands to come out, since I have a pretty solid idea of how to play the first 6 chaos warbands now (and I like learning and painting new stuff :) )

57 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

if they do release a siege supplement, i hope they release a book akin to the old general's compendium alongside it.  that book was such a treasure trove of good ideas.

Well IMO the General's "Handbook" follow the General's Compendium concept (they just changed the name slightly) by being a toolbox, it's just a bit less "free style" than before (but as lots of thing between GW, it's still great). 

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Do we have confirmation about Gordrakk aiming towards Excelsis? I read it as a theory in this forum but from what I read in the different short stories he is heading somewhere but we don’t know where (didn’t read the Mawtribes book yet). If yes, please source.

I’m asking because from the Ossiarch book it seems clear Nagash is on the winning side so far and pressing everyone really hard. To avoid having all destroyed we need a pretty bad event happening to him or all his armies and sure enough could be Archaeon getting involved, but what if Gordrakk is actually heading towards Nagashizzar? What better way to test a god-like weapon than fighting another god? I don’t even think Gordrakk cares about Nagash as much as he wants a fight with Sigmar and that would solve two problems at once: Nagash stopped for a while and a Destruction centered campaign after Death...

Yes. In Forbidden Power and in the Hammer-God short story on WarCom it was more or less clearly said that Gordrakk aimed at Sigmar, but in the Orruk Warclans battletome it is confirmed Gordrakk is striking at Excelsis (which is in Ghur, so close to him).

But Nagash will deal with Archaon via Katakros as the latter is currently invading the Eightpoints (!!)

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

You had siege rules in one of the Generals Handbooks - think it may have been the first one.

Yes and GW sometimes use this technique : they print a "draft" version of rules in a compendium and latter release a full-on supplement based on their first ideas but expended. I really can see that for this "Siege supplement". 

TBH I heard a rumor a future supplement could be in the work for Siege rules AND huge battles also (so a bit like Apocalypse for 40k).....

1 hour ago, michu said:

Hey, get hyped for March 2020...

...or mantain a healthy dose of scepticism.

Scepticism for me. Only because of GW’s track record in using the words “biggest” and “best”. Especially when they do it in all caps. Fool me four times, GW.....

Oh well, as long as I go in with zero expectations it’ll be great.

I dont think there will be an AoS 3.0 or 40k 9th for a while yet. They have games that function at every level, now they are starting to update and release models for 40k outside of codex releases which is great! AoS is nearly there, couple more to bring up to 2.0 and then we're away! Futures very bright indeed

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Way too soon for 3.0. Heck March is still likely to get an AoS 2.0 Battletome. With Slaves in December there's still Tzeentch, KO and Seraphon for next year to update. GW has been going at about 1 per month for 2019 so I'd expect that pace to remain the case for next year. 

3.0 is years off yet; and the way that the GHB updates it might even get delayed longer than normal. We might even see something closer to a 2.5 release basically being a new big rule book with story advances, lore advances and the updated rules from several years of updates and such. 

Big might mean many things and often enough if you're affected by the release it is big. If its a new army you love its big; if its a new tome for your army its big; ifits new models etc... Those who tend to be more "Meh" about it tend to be those who are just not the focus of the event; or who set their sights way too high. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Icegoat said:

Aos3. 0 will probably be coming. Storm cast vs orruks and grots I reckon. Or maybe a seraphon update.

Nah, don´t call the bad spirits of another new edition, they won´t come back before 2 years had passed. Althrough, it would be possible, but I am not sure if GW will call it a new edition or an major update sort of thing.

I belive that the release may be big indeed as march will be the point at which we should have all Factions on 2.0. Actually the timeline would even alow an suprice á la OBR.

It could be 1-2 new factions (rather less likely) or an AoS Counterprt to Psychic Awaykening: A major campaign set which will slowly update several factions over time.

Do someone has in mind what Adepticon brought us last year? I think to remember Shadowspear, Looncurse and Apocalypse, so overall an 40k focus.

My theory based on nothing is that Adepticon will be either where we first see the alleged "light" or "shadow" elves, OR it'll be the final 2.0 battletome update, ending with Seraphon, including a handful of redesigned kits for their crustier looking models.

It'll be interesting to see how the army release schedule proceeds. The biggest community reactions and hype come from brand new army reveals, but it's untenable to keep up forever. We already have 22-ish factions---how many more can they realistically add to their production? I wonder if we'll start seeing smaller "expansions" for all of the existing armies instead.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It'll be interesting to see how the army release schedule proceeds. The biggest community reactions and hype come from brand new army reveals, but it's untenable to keep up forever. We already have 22-ish factions---how many more can they realistically add to their production? I wonder if we'll start seeing smaller "expansions" for all of the existing armies instead.

I really hope they spend the next year or two tweaking balance and shoring up model lines. Nurgle, Nighthaunt, Idoneth Deepkin, and Gloomspite could all use supplements or major FAQs/Errata to help with internal balance, allegiance abilities, or other shortcomings. Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, and MawTribes all have a lot of finecast or metal miniatures in there line up.

The occasional new faction is great but it does make wonder about their production capacity. At some point they will have to cut armies to make room for new armies.

• Like 2