The Rumour Thread

This is exciting!

RumourEngine-Nov5-Content6hvbbs.jpg

Now that looks like a wing or a sail - could be KO; but could also be something more refined - an aelf airship or flying unit?! Though there are two spikes on the forward arm too. It looks too clean for skaven or grots. 

Whatever it is I get a very strong AoS vibe from it. The only thing in 40K it could be is eldar but whilst they do have sails like that it looks not "eldar" enough to my eye (the edges are not smoothed over and there's non of those gemstones that they are fond of)

it looks like the kind of wing that you'd have on a magitech airship that flaps up & down. it's an odd one as my first thought connected it to that rumour engine pic from a few weeks ago, that looked like a load of ropes, pulleys and some looted CoS planks, but it's very clean, too much so to, in my opinion, be something like a grot or skaven airship. 

it looks almost too futuristic for AoS, but not enough or not fitting the style for/of any obvious 40K factions.

intriguing!

top 3 random guesses...

Kharadron Overlord Hang glider...
Ad Mech sail barge (where you'll soon learn some respect...)
Necron Robot Zombie Dragon...

1 hour ago, Overread said:

This is exciting!

Now that looks like a wing or a sail - could be KO; but could also be something more refined - an aelf airship or flying unit?! Though there are two spikes on the forward arm too. It looks too clean for skaven or grots. 

Whatever it is I get a very strong AoS vibe from it. The only thing in 40K it could be is eldar but whilst they do have sails like that it looks not "eldar" enough to my eye (the edges are not smoothed over and there's non of those gemstones that they are fond of)

Sky grots sky grots sky grots sky grots Sky grots sky grots sky grots sky grots Sky grots sky grots sky grots sky grots Sky grots sky grots sky grots sky grots SKY GROTS

• Like 2

This is exciting!

I don't think it is 40k not technological enough.  it is too clean for grots/skaven, it doesn't have the aesthetic of KO as their flying units are all big balloons. Aelves aren't really technological and free people just came out with a book. Clockwork soldiers as mentioned in the stormvault fiction? Though I am pretty sure it is not.

This is exciting!

New Doom Diver?

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

The look of it is actually pretty similar to Ad-Mech stuff, beside the sails. 

Very similar to the Ad-Mech.  From the repeated cog pattern to the mix of high tech and low.  The big tell is the tiny spikes, which are just like those that are on Dragoon's feet.

• Like 3

I don't know about Ad-Mech Really ... 

On the last rumour engine you can see some kind of rope in the background. It's not very technological to me. 
It seems highly connected to the rumour engine with planks. 

My money is on AoS, and possibly a new faction or Warband !