The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

The fact that the battletome is coming now does make me wonder if there will be a multipart kit. You would have thought the chance to sell a load of multipart new chaos units would be when their new book is launching. 

I suspect we may get the SC set released as separate boxes, but the same models, at somepoint in 2020.

So hope you like monopose. 

I don't mind at all. The current poses all look amazing. My only concern would be if it is push-fit it might be hard to paint separate sections where it might be hard to get to  once the model is fully assembled. 

So far, strong missile troops have been quite rare in AoS. With OBR, they start to be part of the game.

Wild speculation1: There will be a lot of new miniatures for many of the less diverse armies in 2020, now that all armies are consolidated with tomes

Wild speculation2: Many of them will be (so far quite lacking) warmachines and shooters

Conclusion: Get used to shooting/anti-shooting meta.

Too wild?

31 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Conclusion: Get used to shooting/anti-shooting meta.

The meta is already like this.

31 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Wild speculation2: Many of them will be (so far quite lacking) warmachines and shooters

Which make them unique in a way. GW/we don't want all armies to be the same. BTW, magic make "kinda" war machine with wizzards.

33 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

So far, strong missile troops have been quite rare in AoS. With OBR, they start to be part of the game.

Strong missiles have been there and they were OP in this game (skyfire, sylvaneth bows, SCE balista....) and they have been nerfed to the ground. Not good for the game. Now that we have OBR crawlers, powder armies (CoS) and magic (which is more and more shooty), I think that we'll see back some ranged units.

There are only 2 battletome missing now in the AoS 2.0 range: KO and tzeench (DoT). (and maybe  some ES for LoN and nurgle) I think that they'll be done in 2020 Q1. And then, everything will be 2.0. So, what next? new armies? new entries for some/many armies? Difficult for GW to maintain the hype 😋

27 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

There are only 2 battletome missing now in the AoS 2.0 range: KO and tzeench (DoT). (and maybe  some ES for LoN and nurgle) I think that they'll be done in 2020 Q1. And then, everything will be 2.0. So, what next? new armies? new entries for some/many armies? Difficult for GW to maintain the hype 😋

Poor Seraphon, so easily forgotten.... 😢

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Just wild speculation by me but perhaps the Warriors won't be able to wield two weapons and/or greatweapons because they'll make a new Varanguard/Chosen kit that will fulfilll that exact role. There are also Blood Warriors for 2 hand weapons. I think they'll look at Black legion for this, where certain "cult" units are a normal sight in an otherwise undivided force.

Then the CWs being pushfit and no standard kit coming would be no problem. The huge cloaks would also make it hard for them not to be pushfit anyways unless the poses are quite generic. Obviously I'd gladly buy multiple versions of Chaos Warriors... xD 

Given the speed of publications in the last weeks, those 3 tomes will be out at the end of January. 😁

Some of the armies do have not many different units so far, and it’s a Safe sale to those who are already into those armies. Creating completely new armies is riskier, I would think.

Although I would totally buy into vampire pirates 😀

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Why would they be? I remember when plastic terminators first came out and were not cheaper than the metal set.

Outrage!

We got calls in Customer Service at the time asking why the plastic ones were the price they were. Our manager at the time coached us to respond with "Why is that the price for terminators?"

The callers would then usually say something like "the plastic terminators."

We would say "Right. The terminators. That's the box. That's the price for them."

The point is, plastic, metal, whatever. Terminators. 

So, why should push fit warriors be cheaper? They are still warriors. Heck, if anything, they should cost more since you don't have to do so much work on your own to get them on the table.

Did your manager coach you on what to say if they didn't just accept that weird jedi mind trick response? 😂

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

The fact that the battletome is coming now does make me wonder if there will be a multipart kit. You would have thought the chance to sell a load of multipart new chaos units would be when their new book is launching. 

I suspect we may get the SC set released as separate boxes, but the same models, at somepoint in 2020.

So hope you like monopose. 

Between the Warriors being push-fit and the new Chaos Space Marine Start Collecting(!) being the mono-builds from Shadowspear, it does seem like Games Workshop's strategy going forward is to make their SC(!)s momo-pose. No doubt when Sisters of Battle get a box they'll receive most of the contents from the limited edition Army Box since they're the same.

Presumably their strategy is to discourage people from stocking up on x3 Start Collecting's to build a core of their force and get them to buy the full multi-part kit instead, at least if they don't want an army of the same identical poses (which most won't I imagine).

The only upside is that it bodes well for a multipart Warrior/Knight kit in the future. Sisters are getting a mono-pause Battle Sister kit in a month or so, but their multi-part set won't arrive until next year. This is presumably the same situation.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Confused 1

I never really got the whole 'mono pose is bad' idea.

Like, for example, the old skaven clanrats (legs, tail, arms, body, head), sure they would look different, but my god did they never rank up well (less of a drama now I suppose). 

And stuff like space marines, unless it's a display piece, basic bolter guy looking like the next basic bolter guy is fine 

Just my opinion anyway

• Like 9

Monopose kits are generally a little harder to chop up and customise, though if you're just doing the standard head and weapon swaps it's normally not that bad.

And if you're running large units or msu it can look a bit strange if one in every five models is the same.

I don't mind them too much myself, and the advantage is you can get much more dynamic poses or integrated detail, but there are certainly downsides to a purely monopose approach as well.

7 minutes ago, adreal said:

I never really got the whole 'mono pose is bad' idea.

Like, for example, the old skaven clanrats (legs, tail, arms, body, head), sure they would look different, but my god did they never rank up well (less of a drama now I suppose). 

And stuff like space marines, unless it's a display piece, basic bolter guy looking like the next basic bolter guy is fine 

Just my opinion anyway

To each his own, I guess. Best part of the hobby for me is finding and building as many different meaningful fighting poses for my models as the kit allows, swapping weapons and customizing whatever is possible.

Comes from building Mordheim Warbands I suppose 😅

• Like 3

IMG_20191104_225352.jpg.d642e51a86e46ca76afd2ccda935ef3a.jpg

This rather blurry image of the back of the start collecting box confirms head options for the warriors and a different weapon and head for the leader of the Knights.

Not fully multipart kits but better than nothing. Depending on how the kits go together if will probably be easy to do some weapon swaps too. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jazzbeaux said:

I have noticed that neither the Warriors or Knights have standards or musicians featured.  Shame if they've gone, unless there is some sort of Knight-Heraldor or Knight-Vexillor equivalents to come.

For an elite army it would make sense to have banner bearers be separated characters imo, so hopefully it's just that.

20 minutes ago, Panzer said:

For an elite army it would make sense to have banner bearers be separated characters imo, so hopefully it's just that.

Kinda makes sense for Chaos Warriors in general! Which Chaos Warrior would want to be on music and banner-bearing duty when he could strike their foes instead? ;)

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Kinda makes sense for Chaos Warriors in general! Which Chaos Warrior would want to be on music and banner-bearing duty when he could strike their foes instead? ;)

Who says you can't strike your foes when being on music and banner-bearing duty? :P

• Haha 1