The Rumour Thread

OK yeah, have my money

I feel slightly bittersweet that the big battleforce box I have has suddenly become useful but that half of the the miniatures have been replaced by better looking ones. As noted though, they've been quite gentle about not changing the aesthetic totally so I guess the new ones can be the front rank. Chucking in a start collecting kit is a nice touch as well

Love the Ogroid, give me a total Ogroid subculture pls GW, tell me what their economy is based on and what foods they think are gross

• Like 1

Seems like unanimous praise for the new models. I think this shows the potential of simply updating awesome old miniatures with the latest technology instead of going full crazy weird concepts that are much more polarizing, for a reason. Also, I bet it was much easier to make as it's basically revamping models, rather than design from the ground.

I love the old Warriors and 6th ed Knights (they were menacing as ****, as it should be) but these models  really do justice to the glorious Chaos!

Must admit these will most likely be the first AoS-era models I buy. Hats off, GW.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This actually makes me excited for what might be cooked up for say... Free Guild/Empire, updating/upgrading older kits to bring them into 2020, rather than trying to be so over the top it looks like a parody.

They're without a doubt my favourite models of AoS so far. The reaction to them compared to the Bonereapers is quite telling I feel.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7

So far GW has really done well with resculpts. The new fiends and keeper (though arguably that was more a new sculpt as it was many times the size) for Slaanesh build on the original models and are outstanding replacements. The new Chaos are much the same. Taking the same concepts and expanding on them with the new poses possible now that its not rank and file and also with new technologies and sculpting methods that GW has. 

Also lets not forget Chaos was always going to get a big fanfare of fans because, well, they've had 30 years of fanbase growth. Bonereapers have only a few months (hardly even that and technically only 1 day of actual "models in peoples hands"). I'm overjoyed to see the new Chaos - that still hasn't stopped me putting several hundred into Reapers. 

Nice thing about Reapers is that with most models being 200 points or there abouts they are actually quite affordable to collect (compared to some other armies). 

• Like 1

Easily the best reveal ever for me.

Just the Monsters for Warcry are undiluted awesome for me. The Sphiranx is better than my initial very good impression of it and on top of that there's an alternative build I like even better.

But then the new stuff, including the New Warriors I was hoping but couldn't believe in? Even if those are monopose that is just stunning, I'm honestly blown away. My only issue is that even with Christmas coming up I won't be able to get as much of it all as I'd like to this year.

To top it all of they confirmed that at the very least the SC content can still be used in monogod forces.

45 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

So having ploughed through dozens of pages of people authoritatively declaring they knew there would be no new releases (or thereabouts) for Slaves, will anybody be coming forward eat some of this crow I have here? 😅

These new Chaos Warriors are making me seriously question my refusal to start any new armies on top of the... *counts* five I already have. They're just gorgeous models, and that long boi is also going to sorely test my resolve.

Seriously, I'm so happy right now I'll gobble up an entire Murder of Corvus Cabal for you. I just saw no way that this could happen.

An SC with all new stuff? That's just beyond unprecedented.

The lord and knights at least where rumored here, but with the confirmed release list floating around I thought they'd come some time next year in a battlebox or something. Turns out that list didn't spoil the biggest surprise GW had up their sleeve.

• Like 3

A really nice touch is that we can see the eyes and just a bit of skin through the helmets. Makes it clearly AoS, that these duded aren't in suits of powered armour or whatnot. That and the return to/refinement of the 6th ed. hordes of chaos aesthetic (as opposed to the 7th/8th ed. chaos aesthetic which sort of tried to be a throwback to 1st ed but ended up looking clunky and weighed down with detail) are the standout features of this for me.

Based on the art in the trailer with an Iron Golem and an Untamed Beast fighting alongside these warriors, a knight and Archaon, looks like the Warcry warbands are indeed stepping in as the line infantry, though what exactly that means for the regular marauders remains to be seen.

EDIT: See now this -  If you’ve been collecting Warcry warbands, you’ll be able to field a diverse barbarian horde made up of tribes from across the realms. - is just exactly what I was hoping for. The Dark Gods March In Step!

Edited by sandlemad

Guys, can't tell you how happy I am with this new box. My Tzeentch army will have almost everything i wanted with these new guys (already planning how to make them a bit more Tzeentchian but i got some ideas.... Awesome update! Will buy 1-2 boxes asap. 

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I want this one to be efficient to lead my chaos warriors !

BloodandGlory-Nov02-Agroid8sdfed.jpg

Against all reason, I actually want the Sphirinx to be character so it can lead my army. Don't even care if it's effective, I just love it that much.

30 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Do you reckon these Chaos Warriors will have the option to have two handed weapons? What happens to the old sets with the optional overpriced upgrade if they don't?

Taking a wild guess, I suspect there are monopose and the old Warriors hang around for a bit until a multipart kit drops, sort of like the units in Shadowspear and the upcoming Sororitas.

41 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Do you reckon these Chaos Warriors will have the option to have two handed weapons? What happens to the old sets with the optional overpriced upgrade if they don't?

My hope is they will have alternate arms with greatweapons, even if the start collecting ones don't have that though I don't think we'll see Chaos Warriors without a greatweapon option. Greatweapon Chaos Warriors feel almost as iconic as the regular sword and board ones to me it'd be weird for them to go.

4 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Did the seminar say when these are being released? 

People are saying xmas but is that confirmed? 

The battletome tome is on that December price list but the StD SC wasn't 

Yes it is. It's right below the battletome and warscroll cards. December 14th. So are the Endless Spells.

Edited by FFJump

I have a feeling we might see even more minis next year. These minis can fit directly into 5 armies which currently make up more than 20% of the tournament meta and can be allies in two more.  The start collecting box feels like the equivalent of the feast of bones set for the bonereapers. 

I am still kind of amazed that every single faction in AOS will have a book by the end of the year. 

So would this SC replace the existing one or co-exist with the old one? The interesting thing is the change of approach GW did: Nurgle and Idoneth took at least a year to get a SC box, DoK still don’t have it. But StD are being revamped with a all brand new miniatures SC and Ossiarchs are launched with a discounted duel box... interesting choices...

3 minutes ago, Swooper said:

How nice of GW to just post my entire Christmas wishlist publicly. Seriously, I want all of those new models. 100% converting that Ogroid Myrmidon to a Doombull, shouldn't be a difficult headswap.

The Warcry models unfortunately are 2020, so a bit more waiting 

• Sad 2