3000 pts Stormcast

2000 pts nighthaunt

2000 pts Seraphon

1500 pts Sylvaneth

1500 pts Idoneth

all painted so i wanted to take it slow.. and concentrate on

daughters of khaine

kharadon overlords and fyreslayers

now feast of bones added two more armies i love....

now chaos std for my warcry...its enough:)

• Haha 2

Love this reveal! So much amazing stuff! And finaly a book :D

I noticed the following things, too:

• They kept the Slaves to Darkness name and did not go further into Darkoath
  • All revealed Models remind me strongly of 40k´s Shadowspear: Models seem to be quite unique sculpts with interchangeble heads from what I see. Could be GW toying with a new release strategy here, giving us monopose in the SC!-Box to keep the interest in buying more than 1-2 of thoose low, saving the multipart-box release for later in 2020 for Warriors and Knights. This would be a perfect marketing decision as currently the SC!-Box will sell great: Anyone who has a StD Army wants the new sculpts, any beginner will propably, too. But none will buy them too often for the discount. After the initial Spike it will automaticaly return to be a product to get new players hooked into the army like any other SC!-Box
  • We currently have one new hero, 2 reworked sets, 2 new monsters, a rumour that can be assumed trustworthy that Warcry Sets will be repackaged (maybe only new rules?) and rereleased in december.
  • Cut to Lord on d. Mount (Finecast) can be assumed to be save. Choosen may be in a critical spot, but there is no evidence yet. Edit: Cuts to Warscrolls without Models (Sorcerer on Mount) possible? Price increase due to new kits in Knights and Warriors possible, loss of value in the SC!-Kit debatable (->will get sold quite fast together with remaining battleforces from last year I assume as people who waited for a book will now want to grab thoose discounts)
  • New design is more dynamic and detailed but overall fits well with older kits, assuming that scale and proportions were not changed too much (scale in case of warriors, proportions in case of Knight´s mounts)
  • Edit: No mention of a new Endless Spell. Might propably come in a second Wave.
Edited by Charleston
added stuff, see bold text
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

2019 made sure everybody at least has a battletome, hopefully 2020 will be all about replacing the 1st ed ones.

Seraphon, Khadoran Overlords and Tzeentch are all that remain. I'm very sure we'll see new Tomes for them early next year. That would fit with the record pace that GW has maintained this year (even after the sylvaneth delay)

Reading this from community: "Each of these new models will fit in perfectly to your Chaos collection, whether you’re just starting out or bolstering a mighty legion. "

So, by buying only ONE SC! box, I'll modernize my entire StD army! (30 warriors 20 knights 3 charriots 2 manticores 1 shrine), won't I?

• Confused 2

paging @Kurrilino!

I'm surprised by the new StD reveals, but really happy with them! For me, Chaos Warriors will always be the most iconic GW Fantasy model, and I think this new update does them justice without totally outclassing the old ones. I actually might like the old Chaos Knights better, but the new ones look great too. I hope they are about the same scale so that they can work with a mix of the old and new.

The new mounted lord is just fantastic in every way.

• Like 1

Wow I must say I wasn't expecting that. 

The chaos lord mount looks epic. Love it! 

It's going to be v hard not to throw these in with my existing chaos factions and warcry. 

Good job gw. I my only problem now is choosing what to pick up next out of Bonedaddies, stds and zone mortalis necromunda

So having ploughed through dozens of pages of people authoritatively declaring they knew there would be no new releases (or thereabouts) for Slaves, will anybody be coming forward to eat some of this crow I have here? 😅

These new Chaos Warriors are making me seriously question my refusal to start any new armies on top of the... *counts* five I already have. They're just gorgeous models, and that long boi is also going to sorely test my resolve.

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think you are absolutely correct.

All in all, GW has shown itself reluctant to update existing kits all in all. With good reason, I'm afraid, there is less incentive for players to buy a new kit for a unit they already own. But on the other hand, its not even that I want the specific unit updated with a new kit so much as I just want to see its theme and visual get a stronger representation in Chaos again. If they gave Slaves, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle a battleline unit and a few heroes in proper full Chaos Plate I'd be happy even if they aren't called Chaos Warriors, just as they may never go back to calling the mortal leaders Chaos Champions. I thought it worked Khorne and the Bloodwarriors and was surprised they didn't do that for the others. Same for beasts, if all the other gods had gotten a unit like Tzaangor I'd even have swallowed beasts being removed altogether.

What really has me concerned that in AoS most mortal releases have strayed so far from the Chaos Warrior look, even when their power level would have waranted it. I wouldn't want a Chaos where only Archaon, his Varanguard and a few Khornates still look like Chaos Warriors.

I've never been so happy to be wrong! What a great release.  Cannot wait to start making some conversions using the new base models.

I saw someone above say they might be mono-pose? I think that would be odd.  Either way I am getting the SC box, but would be nice to start off with multipose kits.

• Like 2

These guys are great. I loved the old warriors, pose and all, so to see these new warriors as an update - more variation, better poses, same spirit- is a pleasant surprise. The knights are fine too, though I thought the last plastic knights were hideous compared to the hulking, intimidating old metal knights.

The new mounted Lord... he’s cool, very cool. That’s a proper chaos wastes monster, a slab-scaled brute reminiscent of Tamurkhan’s toad dragon. Does he compare with the old fine cast chaos lord on steed? No but he’s still very good.

• Like 5