The Rumour Thread

Just now, HollowHills said:

Slaves to darkness 100% confirmed. 

Where? Or do you mean the rumour leak showing all the pre-release stuff? Cause I think the ossiarch release already proved it right for many (slaves players are already speculating/celebrating/flagellating* themselves)

*they are chaos players after all. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

flagellating

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

*they are chaos players after all. 

Hey, not all chaos players are slaaneshi! Some like to reap some skulls and spill some blood like any ordinary person.

Edited by michu

9 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

SCE total MSRP: $275

Nighthaunt total MSRP: $255 (but this is artificially inflated by hexwraiths and chainrasps at full retail)

Skaven total MSRP: $250

Gloomspite total MSRP: $255

What are we thinking price-wise for these? Maybe $200 now considering the price hikes they've had this year? 

Honestly all the AoS ones look really exciting. Some of the 40K ones look a bit more functional than exciting - but if I were out to start a brand new Chaos army then that chaos marines one would be right at the top of the list (plus the new start collecting set for the sorcerer and all its other juicy new models too). 

Thankfully I don't think I'm actually tempted by any of them.  Tyranids and Skaven tempt me, but the tyranids I've got as many (if not more) than in the set unbuilt already and like my Tyranids, my Skaven are somewhat on hold at present. The rest of them are not "my armies" and I'm really not able to take on another army (esp as I'm just starting Ossiarchs this week). 

Just now, GeneralZero said:

I like the skaven one but how come they put an entire skaven SC! into  a battleforce??? This is the disapointing part of the deal.

Skaven don't have all that many new plastics. 

They already put most of the skyre ones into Carrion Empire earlier in the year so I was expecing pretty much what they've got here. Clanrats, verminlord and the start collecting set. It just highlights how many skaven models are still finecast/metal/really old plastics. For a highly popular and very diverse army they've a lot of legacy models which just don't fit into these christmas boxes. 

3 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

What are we thinking price-wise for these? Maybe $200 now considering the price hikes they've had this year? 

I would be surprised if the prices increased. Last year the AOS battleforce boxes had values of $252, 265, 275, and 320 at the time. The $252 one is still available through the GW webstore in some countries. 

So this year's offerings already have a bit less value (and that value is based on the post-price-increase MSRPs). 

I could see them bumping the price to $175 or 180, but I doubt it will be higher than that.

Just now, michu said:

Watching Warhammer TV I realised - what happened with those skull gate and bone tower terrains? Was it just custom mould for the photos or could they be released later with some siege expansion?

People want it to be new terrain, but GW hasn't even hinted at it so it might just be for their own use 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

The leak had the Skaven one at $200 and the others at $185, that converts to about £110ish in the UK.

The current Pestilens army box (same contents as this battleforce minus clanrats and grey seer) is £115 or $190 for comparison.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm actually thinking about the gloomspite one: what do you think about this one, taking 2 to strat a gloomspite army from scratch?

The models in there are don't make a very cohesive force. The fanatics don't work with anything else in the box (no matter how you build them other than blocking los with the sporesplatter) and the Loonboss can't use his command ability on anything other the fanatics. The troggoths likewise don't benefit from anything else in the box. The Squig Hoppers are the only battleline in the box and require the Manger Squigs to built as a Loonboss on Mangler squigs and be your general (not a bad idea).

Basically its an incoherent mish-mash of miniatures but they're all useful in various lists and its goods savings (probably, depending the price). I'd recommend picking it up if you want to dive into Gloomspite but you'll need to get other stuff to really build a coherent army.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forrix said:

The models in there are don't make a very cohesive force. The fanatics don't work with anything else in the box (no matter how you build them other than blocking los with the sporesplatter) and the Loonboss can't use his command ability on anything other the fanatics. The troggoths likewise don't benefit from anything else in the box. The Squig Hoppers are the only battleline in the box and require the Manger Squigs to built as a Loonboss on Mangler squigs and be your general (not a bad idea).

Basically its an incoherent mish-mash of miniatures but they're all useful in various lists and its goods savings (probably, depending the price). I'd recommend picking it up if you want to dive into Gloomspite but you'll need to get other stuff to really build a coherent army.

This. 

I was really hoping for some heavy chainghast content as I want to try a heavy chainghast list and only sold in twos with a hero....

Nighthaunt is such a strangely boxed army.  

Edited by Vasshpit

8 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

The leak had the Skaven one at $200 and the others at $185, that converts to about £110ish in the UK.

The current Pestilens army box (same contents as this battleforce minus clanrats and grey seer) is £115 or $190 for comparison.

Yikes, the Skaven one being $200 makes no sense at all! I guess they are just counting each kit's individual retail and forgetting that like half the box is just a SC set.

At 185 these are nice if you already want to get into one of these armies, but certainly not a good enough deal to make me want to start on any of them.

• Like 1