The Rumour Thread

No one mentions Nagash going up to 880 points? Ouch...

Kurnothi could become a separate army or recreate the wood elves together with Sylvaneth and Wanderers that would be pretty interesting. Would also assume a double connotation the delay of Sylvaneth battletome earlier this year as it meant a new book involving them would now as well be delayed to allow enough time between the two books...

4 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm not aware of it, though Legions of Nagash has had several models renamed (new warscroll) with different stats when being put into other Death Armies. Sometimes the changes are minor (key words only) but points and stats and abilities all have the potential to change under such a system. So the same model can appear in two armies and function differently in each. 

As for Kurnothi don't forget that GW might be doing what they did with Slaves to Darkness and Darkoath. With Kurnothi just ending up being a facet of the Sylvaneth army rather than getting their own battletome and full army. It would actually take things back to how wood-elves used to work; even if its a darn bitter pill for the original players to get their army cut in half and then their elf part cut again with loss of models only to then see new sculpts replace them. But at the same time Kurnothi are very different. 

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

No one mentions Nagash going up to 880 points? Ouch...

Kurnothi could become a separate army or recreate the wood elves together with Sylvaneth and Wanderers that would be pretty interesting. Would also assume a double connotation the delay of Sylvaneth battletome earlier this year as it meant a new book involving them would now as well be delayed to allow enough time between the two books...

I don't think a call-back to old Wood Elves is needed (though it would definitely be appreciated!). The Living City essentially fills that role now.

But lets do note that Sylvaneth (and Stormcast) are actually allowable units in Cities of Sigmar, despite not being in the actual codex itself. So whose to say that we don't get a Kurnoth book that allows 1 in 4 units to be Sylvaneth/Wanderers/whatever? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Landohammer said:

I don't think a call-back to old Wood Elves is needed (though it would definitely be appreciated!). The Living City essentially fills that role now.

But lets do note that Sylvaneth (and Stormcast) are actually allowable units in Cities of Sigmar, despite not being in the actual codex itself. So whose to say that we don't get a Kurnoth book that allows 1 in 4 units to be Sylvaneth/Wanderers/whatever? 

I wish it was more like 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 ... 1 in 4 i so restrictive.... like most armies seem to have about 8-11 units so you're really only ever going to get 2 Sylvaneth units in a Living City army tops. 

which is likely to just be 2 units of hunters or 1 hunter and 1 hero. 
Just seems a bit boring. I was kind of looking forward to having a nice 50/50 mix perhaps.

Maybe that's just too strong or too difficult to balance though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

As I am still quite unsure about the current "leaks" and rumours I would vaguely imply that thoose Aelfs could arrive sooner than expected (looking at this weekend preview and things)

We might see some more signs of them in the preview at Blood and Glory, but I wouldn't expect them to come out until early 2020. I think it's more likely (considering the leaked release schedule appears to be right so far) that we'll see a preview of Slaves to Darkness instead. We might see whatever this Aelven looking thing relates to in the 12 days of Xmas previews instead.

It would be pretty anoying if these Kurnothi would be released as a full new army before the light/shadow elves. The light and shaduw elves have been hinted at in the fluff from day one. I would mucht rather see those armies before any other new (elven) army. I think the release of light and/or dark elves will be tied to another step in the Slaanesh storyline though. 

• Like 1

I would love Kurnothi but it doesn't quite make sense to me; there's too much overlap with Sylvaneth (though I guess it could just be Kurnothi additions to Sylvaneth) and as others have said there are still other aelves out there that have been hinted at for a long time, that are IMO pretty different from what we have and would seem way newer than Kurnothi. 

4 minutes ago, Panzer said:

Hate me, but I personally don't see the point of light or shadow aelves as an extra faction. GW can do that easily by a 'generic aelve faction or even Kurnothi and give them a Hysh and an Ulgu based subfaction along with some others.

We can safely assume that Tyrion/Teclis army will be 'light elves' in the same way Fyreslayers are 'fire dwarves' - something heavily themed and non standard. Not just high elves but shinier.

Edited by dekay

1 minute ago, dekay said:

We can safely assume that Tyrion/Teclis army will be 'light elves' in the same way Fyreslayers are 'fire dwarves' - something heavily themed and non standard. Not just high elves but shinier.

Yeah but we didn't get "Fire Skeletons" either but instead the Crematorians Legion as subfaction for the Ossiarch Bonereapers. GW can add in a ton of theme and flavour via subfactions and realms.

4 minutes ago, Panzer said:

Yeah but we didn't get "Fire Skeletons" either but instead the Crematorians Legion as subfaction for the Ossiarch Bonereapers. GW can add in a ton of theme and flavour via subfactions and realms.

Skeletons seem to be sort of hard wired into realm of death for now ; ) We did, however, get hungry undead, spooky undead and tanky undead (plus generic undead) as 4 separate tomes and no one in their right mind will say that flesheaters are too thematically similar to nighthaunt. Theme can be either akin to  allegiance (like fire skeletons in ossiarch tome) or something *very* heavy, because, realm aside, we currently have 'trader dwarves' and 'mercenary dwarves' as two factions that have literally nothing in common apart from being short.

Light elves may have as much in common with other elf factions as daughters of khaine [our current shadow elves] do with sylvaneth [that are basically life elves]. Hard to do those two as allegiance abilities within a single faction.

9 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The funny thing is with Dispossesed relegated to a bracket in Cities of Sigmar, at the moment we are seeing a potential of 5 full Aelves armies (6 including Sylvaneth) versus 2 full Duardin armies. The grudge will be immense in that case...

Isn't it the same proportion they had in WFB where it was 3-1? ; )

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dekay said:

Skeletons seem to be sort of hard wired into realm of death for now ; ) We did, however, get hungry undead, spooky undead and tanky undead (plus generic undead) as 4 separate tomes and no one in their right mind will say that flesheaters are too thematically similar to nighthaunt. Theme can be either akin to  allegiance (like fire skeletons in ossiarch tome) or something *very* heavy, because, realm aside, we currently have 'trader dwarves' and 'mercenary dwarves' as two factions that have literally nothing in common apart from being short.

Light elves may have as much in common with other elf factions as daughters of khaine [our current shadow elves] do with sylvaneth [that are basically life elves]. Hard to do those two as allegiance abilities within a single faction.

Isn't it the same proportion they had in WFB where it was 3-1? ; )

Possibly, but not necessarily. Those are all just assumptions bordering on wishlisting. We'll see whether GW sees a need to make them separate factions.

(your comparison with DEATH factions is pretty lacking though since you'd have to include  CoS, SCE, Duardins and Seraphon in that comparison on the ORDER side as well).

28 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The funny thing is with Dispossesed relegated to a bracket in Cities of Sigmar, at the moment we are seeing a potential of 5 full Aelves armies (6 including Sylvaneth) versus 2 full Duardin armies. The grudge will be immense in that case...

I believe Gotrek has already got started writing a few grudges for Malaneth. 

10 minutes ago, dekay said:

I think light aelves will be a mix of old high elf and angelic stylistics with an emphasis on geometry and mysticism to fit into "Hysh is a realm of symbolism and symmetry".

I believe they are described as more "angelic" so feather wings and such. Remember the mutation to their body is also part crafted by their patron god (or demigod). The Idoneth are not that heavily mutated in body, but in soul; whilst the Daughters of Khaine Khineri and Melusai are clearly modelled after Morathi's own twisted mutations. 

Meanwhile the darker/shadow aelf mutations are described as more draconic in nature.

Plus don't forget both armies will likely feature regular mortal elves. The mutated ones are a subset of the peoples; save for Idoneth. Though the shadow aleves might be more magical in appearance like the mistweaver.