The Rumour Thread

Well that sold out quickly, glad I got my copy in time

A dual box with Ogres and OBR is exactly what I expected and hoped for after the first announcement of Feast of Bones.  But then it became deadly silent around the Ogers, and at some point I, and I think many others, expected the Ogres to be released after OBR. Not sure what to expect  at that time, as although "Feast of Bones" sounded a lot like a dual box, it didn't seem to make sense to have OBR in a dual box after releasing the full army.

So I was pleasantly surprised this week to see that the OBR release kicks of with this box afterall. Also the price isn't that bad at all either.

For me it is a almost perfect set. First of all because of the Ogres. I started a  Ogre Kingdom army around the time that the stonehorn, and the firebelly  etc were released. My intention was  to extend the army to a full army, but then AOS happened, and my small army fell apart in mutiple even smaller factions , all off them pretty much low tier in matched play, if playable at all. 

Now with the merge of BCR and Gutbusters in one faction I finally can get a full army ready. I always loved the winter/hunter theme of BCR  and Stonehorn  and thundertusk are still among my favorites models ever. However BCR offered a very limited choice besides them, and some of the few available options I don't like that much to begin with (Yeti i.e.), Now they are merged I can finally cherry-pick some of the other models I really like, and I have good hope that the new BT will make them more competative on the table too. I still will go for the BCR aestethics, which rules out maybe some sculpts (some maneaters maybe), but I think in general most will fit that theme, or can easily be converted to make them fit.

OBR is a nice bonus. Although I have declared myself not to be a big fan of them at first glance, I cannot resist them either. So I probably won't split. I really like to try out some different painting schemes, see if that make them look better to me. I want to see if I can get them a slightly more Samurai looks by painting the bones that show a bit like plate armor (legs/arms etc) in the colors you generaly see with Samurai armor, like black, red and dark blue. Als the more recent photo's seem to confirm that the grinning faces seen from behind,  indeed look abit like masks,, so it might indeed be an idea to  paint it like Oni masks. This box is a perfect opportunity to try this all out . I often end up with basically the same paint scheme GW uses, simply because in the end I like that more then my own experiments. But in this case I actually might finally get a more original army :)

Content of the box is a fine selection I think. The Ogre Tyrant is awesome, 6 more gutbusters are always welcome, and I am happy with the Iron Blaster. I already got one unassembled, so this extra one gives me the opportunity to built both the blaster and the scraplauncher, one of my other favorites. The Reaper models are also fine, although I would have preferred one of the new sculpts rather  than de Morghast, which I never really liked to begin with. But who knows, maybe I start to like them when I got them in my hands.

I also ordered a Mawpot, love at first sight. Pitty there is no new Butcher, but I am happy as they are. And we still have a hunter warband comming for WHU, at least that seems very likley.   

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I don’t know how all Warcry warbands are but the few I saw have few of the basic infantry models on a separate sprue so it could be possible to have more than 8 models but less than 16 and justify the slightly higher price although I don’t believe it.

My retailer tells me on Friday if I’m out of luck or not, hopefully I went early enough (10 on the dot) and they go in order.

I don't think you understood me.

The Warcry warbands contain a bunch of cards, that contain all the warriors' Warcry stats, descriptions of special abilities, and such

These new warband releases are (I believe) going to be missing all the Warcry cards, but contain double the sprues.  This would be just about right on target for the slightly inflated points cost, and would make them more affordable for folks who just play AoS and not Warcry itself.

36 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

The Warcry warbands contain a bunch of cards, that contain all the warriors' Warcry stats, descriptions of special abilities, and such

These new warband releases are (I believe) going to be missing all the Warcry cards, but contain double the sprues.  This would be just about right on target for the slightly inflated points cost, and would make them more affordable for folks who just play AoS and not Warcry itself.

Ah yeah sure my point was not specifically replying to you but mostly to who thinks, like me, that double the spruces without cards wouldn’t cost that little. Also double sprues at that cost would mean no one would ever buy the Warcry boxes as you can find the cards in several other ways 

I think that the optimum order was 2 boxes: you sell what you don't need and you get a full army already for super cheap (something like 1.5 price of a SC!). Even better if you buy in UK web sites and got it in europa.

...and even better if you keep only one army

...and even better if you keep one army wich is ogors.

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

I don't quite agree; unless the cards in those warbands are significantly different from the cards they sell by themselves for $8, that'd be a significant discount. They cost $50 right now, removing the $8 cards and doubling the sprues for only $65 is very unlikely.  

8 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

I don't quite agree; unless the cards in those warbands are significantly different from the cards they sell by themselves for $8, that'd be a significant discount. They cost $50 right now, removing the $8 cards and doubling the sprues for only $65 is very unlikely.  

Everything is possible but that was my point, assuming that excel is not fake or the prices wrong...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red_Shift said:

I'm 50/50 on whether it is fake or not. I find the necromunda price implausible and if it's US pricing, why is the date format 'rest of the world' I.e. not month day year

The date also shows December as "dic" (and not "dec"), which means it's not from an English speaking country.

We need to find which countries use "dic" as short for December, and the $ sign for their currency. Then we'll know what these prices really are.

It might be rest-of-the-world pricing, which is (as far as I've seen in the past) exactly the same as the US price.

Edited by Raviv

31 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The date also shows December as "dic" (and not "dec"), which means it's not from an English speaking country.

We need to find which countries use "dic" as short for December, and the $ sign for their currency. Then we'll know what these prices really are.

It might be rest-of-the-world pricing, which is (as far as I've seen in the past) exactly the same as the US price.

Quebec?

3 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

@Raviv Dicembre  can be either Spanish or Italian. My guts say the leaked price are from Spain, big chunk of the OBR's battletome was leaked a while back and it was all in Spanish.

Mobile operator shown on screenshot is Telcel which is mexican ( so spanish native speaker " false" rumormonger)

IMG-20191024-WA0019.jpg.d740b8287332a06e

So I noticed that the mortek guards on the app have a picture of a unit of 20. While all the other units on the app seem to have a pic with their minimum squad size... I wonder if that lends some credence to the idea that their boxes being 20 models? 

7 minutes ago, Arcian said:

So I noticed that the mortek guards on the app have a picture of a unit of 20. While all the other units on the app seem to have a pic with their minimum squad size... I wonder if that lends some credence to the idea that their boxes being 20 models? 

It's likely GW just showing them off with units of 20. 

Considering that there's only 40 in a full unit and the army isn't expected to swarm them, I can't see GW pricing and selling them in 20s. I'd far more expect unit blocks of 10. It's how they sell the majority of their newer infantry for non-swarm armies. 

Just now, Overread said:

It's likely GW just showing them off with units of 20. 

Considering that there's only 40 in a full unit and the army isn't expected to swarm them, I can't see GW pricing and selling them in 20s. I'd far more expect unit blocks of 10. It's how they sell the majority of their newer infantry for non-swarm armies. 

You raise a good point. Probably just my wallet having wishful thinking on not paying $60 for 10 😅

Does anyone want a Kidney? Or how about a bit of liver - or a lung! 

Fairly sure I can do without them in order to be able to afford next week! *

Now that's a launch! Boxes of 20 surprises me, though I'm really excited to see the cavalry! 

We also finally get to see this guy

GW-PreOrder-Oct27-Mortisan2sgrd.jpg

*failing that I've got some high elf chariots and wood elves....... ;)

With the red painting handles and paint stick being strange predictions in that spreadsheet that have now proven correct, I think it seems  that it's more likely the rest of the rumour is true. Look forward to Slaves to Darkness, but am worried they'll get rid of their marking ability - would be a huge shame to lose out options of other gods (especially Slaanesh who seriously lacks in other mortals).  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

With the red painting handles and paint stick being strange predictions in that spreadsheet that have now proven correct, I think it seems  that it's more likely the rest of the rumour is true. Look forward to Slaves to Darkness, but am worried they'll get rid of their marking ability - would be a huge shame to lose out options of other gods (especially Slaanesh who seriously lacks in other mortals).  

Right now I think that the new "cultist" keyword will replace the Mark ability. That way GW can publish the cultist details on the tome once; rather than repeating the "mark" ability on a dozen warscrolls.