The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Emissary said:

Should be expected since it has the new army and another popular army getting a book. 

Yes but they should also know that there is demand and match it. Even more so with a new army.

it also doesn’t make sense to have a new army sold out immediately as this will result in people just not getting any of the models. At least that’s my take on it...

Edited by Maxi99
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

The bird doesn't increase the range of the spell or allow the caster to cast through it like a spellportal, though. It just gives line of sight. So you still need to be in range, it just means the opponent can't hide their valuable unit behind terrain or whatever, which is often not that hard to work around anyway

One think to take note: the "Soul thief" ability takes place at the end of each phase...that means that it can tick 12 times every battleround if you can kill one model in each phase (a bit tricky to do in the movement or battleshock phase with all the inmunity protections...)

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

One think to take note: the "Soul thief" ability takes place at the end of each phase...that means that it can tick 12 times every battleround if you can kill one model in each phase (a bit tricky to do in the movement or battleshock phase with all the inmunity protections...)

Yeah, I posted the below in the Ossiarch thread in the Death Forum.  The bird is really good:

From the article earlier I was afraid that the Soulstealer Carrion was pointless also, but after seeing the warscroll card it looks amazing.  First, when cast it is place anywhere on the battlefield the caster can see and have a huge move that only you can pick on later turns so it's really easy to get into prime position.  Then, when an enemy model dies within 6" of it (assuming it isn't a death model) in any phase it has a 2 in 3 chance to heal the caster (good on large multiwound models) and a 2 in 3 chance to do 1 mortal wound to every enemy unit within 6" at the end of the phase.  That can happen quite often as you can easily slay models in the hero, shooting, combat and battleshock phases (models lost to battleshock count as slain), plus on their combat and battleshock phases as well.  And it may do more if the army has any ability to do damage in the movement or charging phase (like the Kavalos Deathriders command ability).   That's an absolute amazing amount of healing and, especially, damage it can pump out.  When both armies are clashing it can do upwards of 4+ mortal wounds to all enemy units within a 14" bubble (including all those individual heroes)  if you roll decently on your turn and can do more on their turn and will demand to be dispelled taking a spellcast from them.  Of course the death immunity to it doesn't make it perfect and it may cost a crapton of points, but it still looks amazing from reading it.  Plus it allows Arkhan or Nagash to see anything for their spellcasting when they're machine-gunning arcane bolt.

48 minutes ago, Maxi99 said:

Yes but they should also know that there is demand and match it. Even more so with a new army.

it also doesn’t make sense to have a new army sold out immediately as this will result in people just not getting any of the models. At least that’s my take on it...

100% this, I really hope I can get the hand on one box...

16 hours ago, FFJump said:

2. The Warcry prices in my opinion is the most curious one. Really have no clue about that one.

That's because it's not for Warcry.  Most likely those are repackaged boxes purely for Age of Sigmar.  To me, it seems clear that they removed all the Warcry cards and such, and just simply doubled the model contents in the box.  So you're looking at 16-20 models per box - for that cost, the price works fine

WILD SPECULATION:  the reason why we are not seeing a Marauder box appear in the release info is because they are axing the kit, and moving all the Warcry bands into the Slaves to Darkness battle line.

Think about it - they fulfil the role as being basic Chaos barbarian infantry.  They look about a thousand times cooler than the Marauder kit (which is in the discussion for the worst kit GW makes), and GW loves to get double use out of the plastic kits that they make.

I could certainly see the Marauder horsemen being kept in the line though, as they actually look halfway decent (IMO), and GW could just retcon them into being some sort of Dothraki-style horse clan.

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

WILD SPECULATION:  the reason why we are not seeing a Marauder box appear in the release info is because they are axing the kit, and moving all the Warcry bands into the Slaves to Darkness battle line.

Think about it - they fulfil the role as being basic Chaos barbarian infantry.  They look about a thousand times cooler than the Marauder kit (which is in the discussion for the worst kit GW makes), and GW loves to get double use out of the plastic kits that they make.

I could certainly see the Marauder horsemen being kept in the line though, as they actually look halfway decent (IMO), and GW could just retcon them into being some sort of Dothraki-style horse clan.

Honestly even if GW didn't retire marauders I'd not even use the model. Marauder horsemen yes, but for infantry I'd rather use the warcry warbands. They have far more flavour; the sculpts are fantastic and they've niche rules that makes them variable. It ideally fits into the idea of a varied slaves to darkness hoard that comes from all varied corners of the realms. 

• Like 2

I don’t know how all Warcry warbands are but the few I saw have few of the basic infantry models on a separate sprue so it could be possible to have more than 8 models but less than 16 and justify the slightly higher price although I don’t believe it.

My retailer tells me on Friday if I’m out of luck or not, hopefully I went early enough (10 on the dot) and they go in order.