The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Well 4 years waiting to have STD be playable and now they are not doing any new miniature for them? With a 15y old range of warriors/marauders? 

I love undivided chaos, but i am not giving them money for old and ugly miniatures for sure. So disappointed. 

don't be so sure. I doubt you'll be dissapointed.  ;)

There won't be any wishlist items like a plastic mammoth or a hellcannon for instance but I'm sure that GW will give a left of field option to surprise and delight us.

think about what's been happening to the Slaves/everchosen/Eightpoint story arc for the last year or so in the form of models for warcry, and the novels such as Varanguard and Warcry anthology.

And bear in mind this is the second chaos Duardin we've seen in plastic now so that's promising for the future - if we make enough noise about them.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
oh and ignore that spreadsheet that's getting chucked around.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

The only warband where the 1 in 8 is actually a problem is Iron Golems, because one of the Update Models is the Signifer and it has an alternative build as Prefector (so if you build a Prefector you have to use it as a Proxi for a Signifer).

This is what I meant with my comment “one, and no more than 1 in 8, must be”

This (or any similar wording) would allow the use of Prefectors or simply add more basic troups. Thanks for the reply @EMMachine

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/25/rules-preview-new-endless-spells-and-scenerygw-homepage-post-3/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AoS&utm_content=aosspells251019&fbclid=IwAR2rgkphZJfqYIBLXSSw5pw47sTLPLfN146PWRqlatmGIAhoCAkUkybT_0s

Details on all the new terrain features (both reapers and ogors) and Endless Spells. 

Also reapers get "soul link" so that their predatory endless spells cannot be taken over by their opponent! But its not without a cost of its own

FoB-Oct25-SoulLinked2sgerdx.jpg

The bird isn't too exciting as it just gives light of sight benefits to the caster, though imght come into its own on good terrain thick tables and might combo with other things in the army as we don't yet know their spell list. 

They also confirm that the great cooking pot for ogors can be recharged once empty by slaying nearby enemy models (that's all they say its a general comment not the whole rule). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the Endless Spells. Finally more than just mortal wound spam and the one that does spam mortal wound is a bit more interesting compared to other Endless Spells due the Soul-Linked thing where the Caster keeps control but can't cast other spells as easily anymore.

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/25/rules-preview-new-endless-spells-and-scenerygw-homepage-post-3/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AoS&utm_content=aosspells251019&fbclid=IwAR2rgkphZJfqYIBLXSSw5pw47sTLPLfN146PWRqlatmGIAhoCAkUkybT_0s

Details on all the new terrain features (both reapers and ogors) and Endless Spells. 

Also reapers get "soul link" so that their predatory endless spells cannot be taken over by their opponent! But its not without a cost of its own

FoB-Oct25-SoulLinked2sgerdx.jpg

The bird isn't too exciting as it just gives light of sight benefits to the caster, though imght come into its own on good terrain thick tables and might combo with other things in the army as we don't yet know their spell list. 

They also confirm that the great cooking pot for ogors can be recharged once empty by slaying nearby enemy models (that's all they say its a general comment not the whole rule). 

I don't think we are seeing all the rules to these endless spells, expect movement values etc I think there are more to them, for example the choosing s specific prey for the predator and I would think the bird does a bit more than just provide line of sight, that seems rather underwhelming in itself, although I am thinking it might have some kind of synergy with the catapults perhaps...

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

yep, would totally work too, I just see KO vs T being a slightly better fit as you can really go for the avian terrors versus skyfaring stunties angle, shoals of flux daemons and wing'ed abominations divebombing KO gunships, cackling Lords of Change clawing at the buoyancy endrins as doughty Duardin fire off aether powered sky hooks and engage in cutlass battles with boarding parties of gibbering horrors.

CHAOS IN THE CLOUDS, MAGICK VS SCIENCE, AETHERMATICS AGIN SORCERY, ETC ETC ETC

Makes for a good story.

Plus I'm sure there's been little hints of foreshadowing to it in some of the other BTs that have come out earlier this year with maps of Chamon in featuring various sky ports that aren't then alluded to further, but maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part.

Yea, like that rumored Orruks vs Fyreslayers.

My guess is Tzeentch vs Nurgle since they did Wrath and Rapture right before XMas last year.

8 hours ago, Beliman said:

More "rumors/leaks/whatever".
They are not mine and I don't know the source (they are just popping in some forums and whats app groups).
Again, tons of salt!!! 

03.jpg.8df8efc89bdc1beae9bf4addd6081550.jpg02.jpg.fb6a535e79e2bf078879c1a61ec8f2b9.jpg01.jpg.746d8924c8fbca02537a926417b4c3cb.jpg

Everything makes sense until the last week, which is just a massive dump of releases:

Week    Release
26-Oct    Feast of Bones
2-Nov    Ossiarchs, Dominion Terrain, Hobby Supply
9-Nov    Zone Mortalis, Necromunda:DU
16-Nov    WU Dreadfane
23-Nov    SC SM and CSM, Sisters
 Thanksgiving
30-Nov    Battleforce Boxes
7-Dec    Ogre Blood Bowl, LotR, StD, Warcry
14-Dec  
21-Dec  
28-Dec  

Don't know what to think, this one takes it further:

But we already were told by GW at least mortek guard and stalkers would be up for preorder next saturday. It seems strange if there suddenly is an entire week between tome and spell releases for reapers before the actual army releases all at once.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

But we already were told by GW at least mortek guard and stalkers would be up for preorder next saturday. It seems strange if there suddenly is an entire week between tome and spell releases for reapers before the actual army releases all at once.

All those prices are supposed to be USD? Dunno why the Warcry warbands would be $65, they're $50 right now...I guess theoretically if they're being more incorporated into StD then the AoS versions of those boxes might have...more units? That seems unlikely, though I dunno how their sprues are laid out 

Edited by smartazjb0y

The AoS rules for Warcry Warbands are already out on the product pages on the GW store. The only way GW could include more models would be to include another full sprue - both parts. Which would mean that you'd get a full compliment of troops more. Which for the difference in price would be abnormal to say the least from GW's normal pricing policies.

It would be more likely fake/incorrect rumour information

The Ogre subfaction article looks disappointing. Not in the rules per se, but in that there seems to be a clear distinction between the Gutbusters and the Beastclaw Raiders. Now I'm worried this is going to be a repeat of the orc book that was really two battletomes in one with a small bit or rules that allowed for some combination, but the two armies are still clearly meant to be separate. I was hoping for(and I guess we could still get) a combination closer to Beasts of Chaos or Gloomspite gitz where moonclan, spiderfangs and trolls still have their own flavor, but are still one army.

(also super happy to see Maneaters in article pictures)

Edited by bsharitt

The subfactions are clearly Gutbuster or Beastclaw but their general bonuses don't seem tied specifically to those groups. I.e. Ogor Gluttons in the Wintermaw Tribe would still get the - 1 to be hit. I think we'll see a lot of mixed armies though they do tend to push you one way or the other so the mixed armies will probably be mostly Gutbusters or mostly Beastclaw. It will be interesting to see the battlions. Hopefully at least one of them combines the two.

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

If this leak is release dates rather than preorder dates (gw send release dates to third parties) then it matches. Preorder on 2nd and release on 9th.

42 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Always assume it is fake. Always hope it is not :D New Inquisitors would be really nice, and possibly good conversion material for Age of Sigmar too.

Absolutely this rogue trader has my eye for a engineer conversion since release! 

76D0902A-28B1-4558-AD43-8CDAEB362DC2.png.b914a3bda34e16aa681a2d3694702299.png
and the original for a fancy general is also very possible I feel. Same goes for some of the inquisition models. 

• Like 2

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these lists are fake. The first hint on the green one was that they named the Ogre Blood Bowl Team. The second one looks more plausible, as the Inquisitor availability aligns with Inquisitor rules coming in the November WD, but totally kills it's credibility with threethings.

1). The Chaos Dwarf Team - The FW team has to beg and bargain for production space for plastics. They have never been able to produce more than 4 teams a year, and have a lot of trouble even squeezing those in. To make matters more apparent, the team coming out the same week as another?

2). The new Warcry box prices: I am guessing the price increase is for a full Sprue, AKA double number the number of models. GW would give a slight discount over the normal price of two Warcry boxes (think 85$) not a marked discount.

3). The price of that Necromunda Starter: 290 USD! That is out of this world for the contents. The box has less minis than the Warcry Starter and about the same amount of terrain. I can't see even GW putting a product like that out, it would just sit on shelves forever.

I honestly think we will get the Spire Tyrants this year and not the next (probably the monster too), but I really don't think we'll see STD until early next year.

Edited by Sabotage!
Adding additional thoughts
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these lists are fake. The first hint on the green one was that they named the Ogre Blood Bowl Team. The second one looks more plausible, as the Inquisitor availability aligns with Inquisitor rules coming in the November WD, but totally kills it's credibility with threethings.

1). The Chaos Dwarf Team - The FW team has to beg and bargain for production space for plastics. They have never been able to produce more than 4 teams a year, and have a lot of trouble even squeezing those in. To make matters more apparent, the team coming out the same week as another?

2). The new Warcry box prices: I am guessing the price increase is for a full Sprue, AKA double number the number of models. GW would give a slight discount over the normal price of two Warcry boxes (think 85$) not a marked discount.

3). The price of that Necromunda Starter: 290 USD! That is out of this world for the contents. The box has less minis than the Warcry Starter and about the same amount of terrain. I can't see even GW putting a product like that out, it would just sit on shelves forever.

I honestly think we will get the Spire Tyrants this year and not the next (probably the monster too), but I really don't think we'll see STD until early next year.

I'm not certain one way or the other if the leak is true, however, it does align with Kikassto's information. He's been 100% accurate so far and this mirrors it perfectly. Of course, that could be intentional and this a fake using his accurate info to appear legitimate. However, there are a couple points here that can be counter-argued.

1. The Chaos Dwarf Team refers to a Made to Order. Look at the price, and then look at the other Blood Bowl team prices. That's the price for a Made to Order team, which they've done in the past. Same for the Bull Centaur. So that one is totally plausible.

2. The Warcry prices in my opinion is the most curious one. Really have no clue about that one.

3. The Necromunda starter set is the exact same price as the Adeptus Titanicus Grand Master set, so that price point already has a precedent. That Titan set included 2 Warlord Titans, 6 Knights, terrain and rules. It could be that much because of the Zone Mortalis terrain or maybe a big rulebook is included, so also entirely plausible. If we take a look at the current Necromunda starter set, its $125 for two gangs, tiles, some doors and barricades, and a cardboard arena. The new one appears to be all that, PLUS the Mortalis terrain. That would definitely up the price, by that much, who knows, but a higher price point is feasible.

In my opinion, it could be fake, but it definitely has some real info in it. If its fake, he added in real info to make it appear legitimate. There is nothing yet that has outright disproved it so it could go either way.

Edited by FFJump