The Rumour Thread

Adding fully eight unique, fleshed out and distinct plastic mortal units to StD is pretty good. Adding furies, bird things, the Fomoroid crusher and a possible foot Varanguard on top of that is more than the last four AoS battletomes has received. There's no technically about it, those Warcry warbands are new mortal chaos units and come off as a lot more interesting than a rejigged basic marauders kit.

That's a lot of visual and cultural diversity for a force. I've mentioned it before but it makes for a really cool and diverse bunch of distinct warbands from all over the realms, all marching in step for the dark powers, reminiscent of Xerxes's forces as recounted by Herodotus or the various wildling tribes making up one horde in Game of Thrones. They could certainly do with more interesting warscrolls than the restrictive get-you-by things they have now - they don't need to be insanely powerful and probably should be cool variations on the marauder/warrior spectrum -  but something interesting with faction rules more widely would do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

It really looks like a fake spread sheet

Too many items in preorder same day

Really no need to repack/rerelease warcry bands ( product numbers shown do not match current boxes)

AoS terrain shown are the old ones and do not match the new ones spoiled from the chinese supplier

Ogre bb team name is old one and do not match the new one shown at Spiel

Slave to darkness/everchosen will have for sure a BT but not in upcoming december

Dunno, man, seems pretty legit to me (sorry just saw it was already posted) 

cal-fin19-1.jpeg

cal-fin19-3.jpeg

cal-fin19-2.jpeg

Edited by Benkei

Without any context the dates could be shipment arrival dates not sale dates. So GW could be taking stock in on those days, but actual delivery and shipping out might happen much later. That would explain why large numbers of things appear to be happening on the same date. 

In the end anyone could make a list like that in next to no time. It's believable with GW's current production and release style, but could be fake. Same as any half decent rumour. 

Just now, NazbitWeirdstabba said:

How would the WarCry warbands work in practice as a battleline troop? The different base sizes and loadouts could be annoying, especially at higher numbers. Will they give them all 1 generic attack, or will we have to start rolling seperate attacks for individual models (like the ogre in Iron Golems)? I hope that isn't the case.

Check the GW store they already have AoS rules. Basically they all have the same weapon profile no matter how you equip them. Then there are around 3 or so "unique" units within each band. These might get +1 attack or such modifers. It makes them operate basically like any other 10 (or so) man unit in AoS. With instead of banners and musicians, having special attack profiles and such.

They also numerically scale based on the number of models in the box. So a box that has 8 goes up in 8 man steps; same for the others. Plus the unique models are mandatory per stage. So basically each box gives you a complete working block. 

It's basically a very standard set of rules that works really well. They are NOT like the Underworld Warbands which are build more like mini-leader profiles with highly varied weapons and abilities per model.

• Thanks 2

So assuming for a second that the leaked list is correct, then all the rest of Bonereapers should be for preorder Nov. 2 including some terrain as well? Then StD on the 16th and all the christmas battle boxes to preorder on the 30th? Makes sense as they launched on Dec. 1st last year.

Will be interesting to see if the StD part holds water, they did a surprise with the Mawtribes just now, so I will not dismiss the possibility that the list is true.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Check the GW store they already have AoS rules. Basically they all have the same weapon profile no matter how you equip them. Then there are around 3 or so "unique" units within each band. These might get +1 attack or such modifers. It makes them operate basically like any other 10 (or so) man unit in AoS. With instead of banners and musicians, having special attack profiles and such.

They also numerically scale based on the number of models in the box. So a box that has 8 goes up in 8 man steps; same for the others. Plus the unique models are mandatory per stage. So basically each box gives you a complete working block. 

It's basically a very standard set of rules that works really well. They are NOT like the Underworld Warbands which are build more like mini-leader profiles with highly varied weapons and abilities per model.

Ahh I see, thanks. I was worried it would be more like Underworld, as I haven't had any experience with the WarCry stuff yet!

39 minutes ago, Benkei said:

Dunno, man, seems pretty legit to me (sorry just saw it was already posted) 

cal-fin19-1.jpeg

It is probably just an elaborated excel file based on upcoming confirmed releases and some added fake products

As it was already mentioned the new AoS terrain are called DOMINION OF SIGMAR FRACTURED STORMTHRONE, DOMINION OF SIGMAR ASTROLITHIC SKYSHRINE

This is how it looks a preorder data sheet from GW to reseller :

thumbnail_image.png

Yeah the current Warcry warscrolls aren't awful in design terms, they're certainly less restrictive and special character-esque than the Underworlds ones, but they do still cling very tightly to the contents of the boxes. It's not the worst, they account for different weapons (e.g. all Iron Golems have bolas rather than just the one warrior) and usually it's just as though they have a command group (e.g. one dude must be a champion, one must be the snakes) but it would be good to see a little more flexibility, even if only to account for the fact that not everyone works to these exact 'blocks'.

That's besides their effectiveness, where they really are just Marauders 1.5 with a few variant abilities or quirks. That's not a bad thing and is thematically appropriate, but being able to benefit from some more synergies would be nice.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

A Tzeentch vs seraphon box would be a better fit. Two magical power houses going at it. Perfect to release a new plastic slann. 

yep, would totally work too, I just see KO vs T being a slightly better fit as you can really go for the avian terrors versus skyfaring stunties angle, shoals of flux daemons and wing'ed abominations divebombing KO gunships, cackling Lords of Change clawing at the buoyancy endrins as doughty Duardin fire off aether powered sky hooks and engage in cutlass battles with boarding parties of gibbering horrors.

CHAOS IN THE CLOUDS, MAGICK VS SCIENCE, AETHERMATICS AGIN SORCERY, ETC ETC ETC

Makes for a good story.

Plus I'm sure there's been little hints of foreshadowing to it in some of the other BTs that have come out earlier this year with maps of Chamon in featuring various sky ports that aren't then alluded to further, but maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That's besides their effectiveness, where they really are just Marauders 1.5 with a few variant abilities or quirks. That's not a bad thing and is thematically appropriate, but being able to benefit from some more synergies would be nice.

remember all the Warcry warbands so far have the 'Cultist' keyword which will clearly have some effect, some way for chaos priests or the like to fire them up even more or have some extra abilities.

their war scrolls have been simplified to make them work better in large numbers, which is great, nothing would be worse than having your main battleline infantry units with 20-40 troops having half a dozen different types of attacks to spend hours figuring out. plus it means you're not penalised for how you've built them for your more personalised warcry warbands.

as for 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Another reason that I'm skeptical about the StD release in December is that means they would have to publish rules for The Spire Tyrants and The Scions of the Flame before the kits are out.....and unless they are coming out a few weeks after the book GW hates to do that.

seeing as they've revealed the models there's every chance we'll get these in late November anyway, couple of weeks for the Bonereapers and then a new Warcry week after that. totally doable. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Considering how long GW has left things like the arch regent not be on sale from them directly it might be that GW is slowly weakening its fear of 3rd party producers. Of course I dont' think they'll go back to the days of putting models into tomes/codex that never get models or which are 5 years off etc... However it might mean that they are open to staggered releases. Don't forget Bonereapers are going to have quite a lot of models not released by the time the Battletome is out and at GW's current pace it could easily be a while month if not more before the majority are released. 

Also note that the warriors aren't too small for regiments; they are very high in points value so you are unlikely to (at present) build regiments of them. 

My apologies on being unclear, I was intending on saying that the Warrior models are too small (they are dwarfed by Stormcast and do not match their fluff descriptions) and that the models are very static (because they were originally designed to be assembled in regiments for Warhammer). I wasn't intending any comment on their rules or how they play.www 

I do hope that GW is getting over their fear of third party manufacturers. It gives them a lot more freedom to update books if they don't immediately need model X produced.

7 minutes ago, JPjr said:

remember all the Warcry warbands so far have the 'Cultist' keyword which will clearly have some effect, some way for chaos priests or the like to fire them up even more or have some extra abilities.

their war scrolls have been simplified to make them work better in large numbers, which is great, nothing would be worse than having your main battleline infantry units with 20-40 troops having half a dozen different types of attacks to spend hours figuring out. plus it means you're not penalised for how you've built them for your more personalised warcry warbands.

as for 

seeing as they've revealed the models there's every chance we'll get these in late November anyway, couple of weeks for the Bonereapers and then a new Warcry week after that. totally doable. 

Still-young did point out that SM got a lot of stuff in the new book that is just releasing now. Though I don't know if that's the Phobos Marines, and if so I wouldn't say they count as they had rules in Shadowspear (sorry don't really follow 40k so I could be wrong).

That said, if this list is right, I don't see the Spire Tyrants shown on it at all, and the Scions haven't been previewed, though I suppose they might be at Blood and Glory.

9 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Good point about the cultist keyword.

And re: the weapons, I get that and agree with that flattening approach mostly because it doesn't just go in the one direction and say "all of you have 'Maiming Weapons' now" (which is itself basically fine and permissive of conversions) but also takes certain things and makes them characteristic of the whole warband, like how the Iron Golems all have bolas as a short range missile attack.

It's really only the odd example like the Breacher Ogre only being a regular human-statted dude with two extra wounds. Not giving him extra damage or slightly more distinguished attacks feels like a missed opportunity, particularly when GW already gave the Unmade champion its own special weapons profile. It's not the end of the world but it could be improved.

On one hand I do feel for Slaves fans if their prospect is to replace Chaos Marauders with the new cultists. They would aim for the most expensive battle line of the game 😂😂

Witch Aelves are between the most expensive and they are 105£ for 30 models and 300 points.

Chaos Marauders are 50£ for 40 models for 200 points.

Cultists are mostly 120£ for 32/38 models and 280 points...

Anyway no update today does not mean no update soon, hopefully GW main objective today is to get all battletomes out and then update all armies at a more convenient pace. Don’t forget that today there’s few Monsters of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos that don’t have a home outside of GA Chaos and could be merged with Slaves (Mutalith, Be’lakor, etc.) plus, as was already said, the way marks work may drastically increase the range of models available. That and most future Warcry releases...

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

It's not the worst, they account for different weapons (e.g. all Iron Golems have bolas rather than just the one warrior) 

Technically all Iron Golems have bolas as one of the abilities for a double is Throw bolas and all can use it. In the kit you get also extra bolas that mostly you can attach to the legionnaires so the AoS rule it’s quite consistent. I believe the warscrolls are quite well written and I hope we will see this type of scrolls in future rather than the Tzaangor mayhem...

My only “beef” is the “one in 8 must be” as this can be trickier to do with multiple boxes. I would have phrased in “one, and no more than 1 in 8, must be”

• Like 1

"One in eight" is pretty easy with multiple boxes. Each box adds 8 warriors and you can only buy them in AoS points in blocks of 8. So each "block" is basically just adding another complete box. 

Also its a finite limit so you don't need the extra text to simply repeat that its a limit. You can't put two or three in every eight. 

I agree that they are well written and very practical for AoS. 

Also a note that according to the recent stormcast podcast one thing that I think gets overlooked, is that in the Age of Sigmar the Slaves to Darkness vastly out number Order humans. Whilst not all the Slaves to Darkness know they worship the same 4 chaos gods and do freely war with each other; the Realms are overrun with the wild peoples. So having multiple tribes within Slaves as an army really fits well. 

1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

Still-young did point out that SM got a lot of stuff in the new book that is just releasing now. Though I don't know if that's the Phobos Marines, and if so I wouldn't say they count as they had rules in Shadowspear (sorry don't really follow 40k so I could be wrong).

That said, if this list is right, I don't see the Spire Tyrants shown on it at all, and the Scions haven't been previewed, though I suppose they might be at Blood and Glory.

No, the other build of the Infiltrators and the Tank didn’t have rules in Shadowspear. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Technically all Iron Golems have bolas as one of the abilities for a double is Throw bolas and all can use it. In the kit you get also extra bolas that mostly you can attach to the legionnaires so the AoS rule it’s quite consistent. I believe the warscrolls are quite well written and I hope we will see this type of scrolls in future rather than the Tzaangor mayhem...

My only “beef” is the “one in 8 must be” as this can be trickier to do with multiple boxes. I would have phrased in “one, and no more than 1 in 8, must be”

The only warband where the 1 in 8 is actually a problem is Iron Golems, because one of the Update Models is the Signifer and it has an alternative build as Prefector (so if you build a Prefector you have to use it as a Proxi for a Signifer).

I still would like it more if each warbands would have 3+ units but than we would need way more coretroop models and the Warcry Tribes could most likely fill a battletome on there own.

54 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

On one hand I do feel for Slaves fans if their prospect is to replace Chaos Marauders with the new cultists. They would aim for the most expensive battle line of the game 😂😂

Witch Aelves are between the most expensive and they are 105£ for 30 models and 300 points.

Chaos Marauders are 50£ for 40 models for 200 points.

Cultists are mostly 120£ for 32/38 models and 280 points...

Anyway no update today does not mean no update soon, hopefully GW main objective today is to get all battletomes out and then update all armies at a more convenient pace. Don’t forget that today there’s few Monsters of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos that don’t have a home outside of GA Chaos and could be merged with Slaves (Mutalith, Be’lakor, etc.) plus, as was already said, the way marks work may drastically increase the range of models available. That and most future Warcry releases...

They are still dwarfed by Skyre acolytes:

320 points per 30 for 360 euro or 300 pounds

• Haha 1