The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Looking at that 'leak'... should we be concerned about how it mentions the 'Oldheim Ogres' blood bowl team when we now know that they're called the Fire Mountain Gut Busters?

There's also the re-release of the Warcry warbands, which seems odd. Could be putting them in regular AoS packaging though without the Warcry gubbins.

This and also all thoose releases seem to be dated on the same day, which is way too much tan a usual gw release

25 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I hope we see Bel'akor, the new furies, Soul Grinder and the Everchosen units rolled into the new StD tome. I wouldn't be surprised if they put all of the Warcry beasts in the tome along with the warbands actually, including the unreleased Fomoroid Crusher which is personally a must have. I don't even care if it's AoS rules suck that models looks awesome.

same here :D

The StD tome is super bad news for me. Kinda. On the positive  side, I can see that there is a battletome, some cards a SC! and more interesting a decor+endless spells. Yes, at last.

But on the negative side: nothing more, meaning no new unit, no new mini, no nothing. I expected something new like some darkoath (renamed marauders whatever), a new boss, some new wizzards etc... But nothing. Unfortunatly. 

Well, at least I'll get the new stuff as I was waiting for them for  more than a year (took the battleforce last year!)

Th slave to darkness SC: there was one , once. With a wizzard, a charriot, some footmen and 5 knights. I don't know what they'll do: will they re-edit the same (wich was good) or go the monster route (a manticore + some StD..)...only a little more than a month to wait (GW will tease it way before they sell it)

3 minutes ago, Souleater said:

@GeneralZero Inget what you're saying in that this may mean no dedicated kits but you have some gorgeous Chaos miniatures in the form of the Warcry warbands.

I find it difficult to believe that GW wasn't thinking that folks would use  them as StD models.

The problem is that AoS is not 40K in army list building. You have to get the right number of miniatures or the $£€ will add up quite quickly. And the look of a bigger unit won't be great. That is why I was a bit disapointed in my post.

Right now the warbands price up at about the same price that GW charges for most 10-man units in Warhammer AoS. They also bulk up to the same rough number of complete kits to get a full unit. So whilst they might have only 9 or 8 in some they scale up just the same as other units. Troop wise they are already priced at exactly the same price point (heck they are £5 cheaper per box than Witch aelves) 

Time will indeed tell, though honestly we don't tend to get many spreadsheet wishlists like that. Normally wishlists are just, well, text based. Thankfully we don't get too many deliberate fake rumours 

Just now, Kramer said:

Seems to me an Ogor announcement at Spiel was dropped. 

1st and 4th the 40K thing. 2nd Spire Tyrant Beastmen, last Ogor and Gnoblar BloodBowl team... Leaves the middle one? Or did the BloodBowl team warrent two images in the hero image?

2085973770_Screenshot2019-10-24at15_47_32.png.1130a483c25ec5f44e1cb107475c1c6e.png

Underworlds has a rumored Ogor warband and Underworlds conspicuously got very few announcements; it seems like it would've been a perfect time to announce the warband, especially IF the warband's warscroll was gonna be released in the Mawtribes tome 

actually I tell you what, I genuinely thought StD would be a bigger release in the same spot Gloomspite sat in this year and that the oft touted new Tzeentch BT would be the one they'd slip out this year with just new terrain/spells.

BUT if Tzeentch is now coming out next year then it resurrects a thought I had a while ago that the obvious thing to do would be a KO vs Tzeentch box set with the accompanying fluff some campaign set in Chamon, they could then pump out those two refreshed BTs at the same time. So expect to see that in say Feb/March I reckon.

• Like 5