The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

It is weird having one side being new content, especially made apparent browsing the local community page to see people trying to split a box that (mostly) everyone wants the same half of.

Good for ogre players, it'll keep the cost down on ebay.

I'm actually seeing a fair bit of buzz elsewhere online about the ogres, especially BCR. Partially it seems to be existing players but they always have that inbuilt attaction of being the lowest model count force, which is pretty attractive to a lot of new players.

2 minutes ago, Forrix said:

This might not be a popular take but with 4 new battletomes out in roughly a one month timeframe I'm ready for GW to shift their focus to 40k for awhile. I've got a cities and a mawtribes army going and I want to see how the meta shakes out.

I agree! Love the releases and the hype around new models/factions but they have to let things settle too and allow us to enjoy them.  And that is coming from a Slaves and Tzeentch collecting player whose main opponent plays Seraphon. 2020 is going to be amazing/expensive for our playgroup.

The Cauldron with its Battlebroth ability sounds powerful for a multiwound army. Time it right and you can seriously up your game getting that big 36 inch heal on most of the army on a standard battlefield. In a way its a shame is only D3 heal. I'm also curious as it says that a mawpot is either full or empty and it starts the game full and one heal use empties it. Based on that wording I'm assuming that there's a way to fill it back up again otherwise they'd have just said it has a one time use ability. 

Also GW did mention in the overview about having more than one in the army so perhaps this is terrain that might have a cost for taking more than one, whilst most others are a one time affair (however it could also just be the community team being creative with descriptions). 

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

The Cauldron with its Battlebroth ability sounds powerful for a multiwound army. Time it right and you can seriously up your game getting that big 36 inch heal on most of the army on a standard battlefield. In a way its a shame is only D3 heal. I'm also curious as it says that a mawpot is either full or empty and it starts the game full and one heal use empties it. Based on that wording I'm assuming that there's a way to fill it back up again otherwise they'd have just said it has a one time use ability. 

Also GW did mention in the overview about having more than one in the army so perhaps this is terrain that might have a cost for taking more than one, whilst most others are a one time affair (however it could also just be the community team being creative with descriptions). 

The ogors having "hungry" or "eating" also could just be flavour, but might have implications elsewhere. Heroes that buff hungry ogors, or other mechanics like that. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spell from the butcher to refill the mawpot. Or even traits that work together. For example an ogor subfaction might be able to refill charges if the mawpot is empty.

1 minute ago, Realmhead said:

I'm a little confused on the state of the everwinter,  they implied earlier that it went away, but there's  in book quote that it still follows the beastclaw tribes

Likely its been changed. THey did mention that it manifests differently for each tribe

2 hours ago, Forrix said:

This might not be a popular take but with 4 new battletomes out in roughly a one month timeframe I'm ready for GW to shift their focus to 40k for awhile. I've got a cities and a mawtribes army going and I want to see how the meta shakes out.

I could definitely see them backing off a bit to allow meta to settle and for people to get through their festive spending without too much turmoil.

Still have a fairly baseless assumption they will want to get all 2.0 tomes out y the end of the financial year though.

3 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I could definitely see them backing off a bit to allow meta to settle and for people to get through their festive spending without too much turmoil.

Still have a fairly baseless assumption they will want to get all 2.0 tomes out y the end of the financial year though.

I think its a very sensible assumption. GW right now has established a clear policy of supporting all armies on the same rules version at once. They began it with 40K when they advanced to the new edition with Index's and then proceeded to update every 40K army with a Codex one after the other (sometimes two at once or very close) over around a year and half or so. 
Alongside AoS was floundering going through management and very obvious total rebuilds of its product direction. It also had to wait for 40K to basically step aside and leave the release windows a bit more open. Since (actually just before) 2.0 launched we've seen GW take the same attitude. Whilst AoS didn't have as good an "index" system it was bare-bones functional for all armies and since then GW has upgraded almost the entire game to 2.0. In fact there's only 4 more battletomes to go after Ogors and Reapers. And of those 4 only 1 is for an army that never had a Battletome (slaves ot darkness). I fully expect GW to keep up the current pace of 2.0 Battletomes for AoS until they are finished. 

TBH, after reading the OBR yesterday and the Ogors today reveals, I have absolutly NO clue about the value of the box in game. 😕

GW make us buy a box without knowing anything. By "making us" I mean "force us" because of the 2 heros not available outside the box. And knowing GW that did in the past a limited release of such boxes, we can't reasonably avoid this oportunity. This is anoying. Yes, I know, we always have the choice. But phhhhh.

More of this, no idea about the inclusion of Morghasts into the OBR army: will GW add an additional keyword to them? Will they benefit from the OBR mechanics? etc...

Same for Ogors: how does the mix of BCR and ogors work? What are the battleline choices?...

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

TBH, after reading the OBR yesterday and the Ogors today reveals, I have absolutly NO clue about the value of the box in game. 😕

GW make us buy a box without knowing anything. By "making us" I mean "force us" because of the 2 heros not available outside the box. And knowing GW that did in the past a limited release of such boxes, we can't reasonably avoid this oportunity. This is anoying. Yes, I know, we always have the choice. But phhhhh.

More of this, no idea about the inclusion of Morghasts into the OBR army: will GW add an additional keyword to them? Will they benefit from the OBR mechanics? etc...

Same for Ogors: how does the mix of BCR and ogors work? What are the battleline choices?...

Your best bet is to wait for the full book reviews that will go up on Saturday and just grab all that info before you make your pre-order decision.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

Isn´t this the point of all the WarCom Articles coming this and the next week?

We can assume that all existing OBR Units will receive a Warscroll with a minor update to the Keywords so they align with the new tome.

All of your other questions should be answered within the next week, when all the partners receive their books and share some information via yt and co.

15 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Last time I was interrested in a box set everything was sold out before I could make a decision. Maybe they want us to feel like we may miss out on an opportunity if we don't buy it now. Just have to wait and hope stuff is still on sale after. Too much risk buying into it without any knowledge or at least some theory crafting a list or two.

I kind of want to see all the warscrolls before I buy anything. Also the scrolls of unreleased stuff. 

Edited by Kugane

Eh Ogors don't have a huge model line. You get basic troops basic ranged and basic large plastic heavy support. If you don't have ogors or don't have many its basically an auto buy as you will use everything. Same for bonereapers, the only issue some of us have is that GW spent a month encouraging us to get morghasts and then put morghasts in the box as well (I'd honestly have preferred a unit of cavalry). But again its basic troops and troop support  - again quite core units for the army. 

Ah so they’ve fessed up that the ‘thing’ that broke free in Forbidden Power is/was the new OBR Mortarch Katakros. Ah well makes sense I guess though I’ll be honest I was still holding out for it to be some truly cosmic level threat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Ah so they’ve fessed up that the ‘thing’ that broke free in Forbidden Power is/was the new OBR Mortarch Katakros. Ah well makes sense I guess though I’ll be honest I was still holding out for it to be some truly cosmic level threat.

Yeah I´ve noticed that too in the StormCast-Stream. The Artwork was just so epic it raised high expectations, so I am fully with you.

39 minutes ago, JPjr said:

That is disappointing to say the least. I was expecting something more theatric, nice model don’t get me wrong, but he does not look like one that immediately freed destroys an entire city like Warner Bros cartoons...

On the box side I can only give one suggestion, if you are in for the models and the idea, buy the box. If you are waiting to see how effective they are, wait six months. By that time tournament reports will see what they are worth, everything will be FAQed and the heroes will most likely already be released and if not there’s always ebay and retailers to get those armies at the price that matches your budget.

What I don’t like is people hoarding these boxes because of the fear of missing out, but to each one his own. I like Death armies and I’m intrigued by the previews. 

15 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

he does not look like one that immediately freed destroys an entire city like Warner Bros cartoons.

Yeah there must be a key piece of information missing, I don't get how we get from the large horned demonesque figure in the Forbidden Power images to the sleek almost robotic model we get on the tabletop. 

15 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

On the box side I can only give one suggestion, if you are in for the models and the idea, buy the box. If you are waiting to see how effective they are, wait six months. By that time tournament reports will see what they are worth, everything will be FAQed and the heroes will most likely already be released and if not there’s always ebay and retailers to get those armies at the price that matches your budget.

See I don't think this is actually good advice.  Carrion Empire came out like 8 months ago and there's no sight of the Archregent or Bombardier being released soon.  Looncurse came out five months ago and the only Arch-revenants on eBay are selling for hundreds of dollars.  These are clutch models for all three armies and if you're looking to get in to them you're basically SOL.  By the time the meta has sorted out whether or not the unique models in the dual box are competitively viable, they've been unavailable for months and unlikely to be available anytime soon. 

So you're stuck with the proposition of either:

• dropping money now to get models you potentially don't want and will potentially be poor competitively
  • holding off and hoping that the models aren't necessary for competitive builds or that this time GW will do things differently and release the unique models in a reasonable amount of time (I doubt it).   

Which is all made even more frustrating because it appears to be purely a business decision, since releasing the unique models individually would likely cannibalize the ****** out of the dual box sales. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't 😔

Edited by relic456
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1