The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Got this today from hachette regarding mortal realms magazine, there will be a full launch of it. When did the 40k conquest one start?

IMG_20191021_121510.jpg

Pleased about this, especially as I wasn’t aware it was a limited run! I’ve been scouring the local shops for weeks trying to find issues!

10 minutes ago, TheCovenLord said:

I know this is a little bit of a deviation from the new releases from the Bone-Zone. But local word(super reliable I know) has it KO is getting a refresh early next year and according to our local KO player a lot of the models in local stores (GW and third party, in the americas) are no longer available for order in any form (Riggers, Thunderers etc.).

Any hints on the next wave? I know Slaves/Everchosen are slated still for their first tome but KO/Seraphon are still waiting for a 2.0 refresh as well and that there is supposed to be one more mini-release for Tzeentch? This year? 

There's a preview event this weekend, since basically everything we know about from prior previews will be out by then, we might get a hint at the next battletome.

I'd wager the next preview event should just be cleaning up releases till the end of the year. I'd not expect 2020 snippets until closer to Christmas. GW wants us spending hobby monies now not sitting on them. 

I'm hopeful to see a second wave of cards and model rules for Warcry to get the rest of the armies playing; the order manifest also showed at least two additional new terrain kits so that likely speaks of at least one more warcry terrain pack. There's also necromunda floating around and hints that there might be a new boxed set for it; or at least confirmation of whatever it was hinted at the Nova. 

Reapers look to be getting a two, three or even longer drawn out release so it might be a long while that they dominate the releases for AoS. 

More than likely yes, but they did drop a teaser for the Gloomspite Gits around this time last year.  I don't expect anything more than that since the next battletome is probably January at the soonest.

We are definitely due some more Warcry stuff before the end of the year, as well as the goblin wolfriders for Underworlds that didn't ship with the ghouls for some reason.

On the 40k side, I have a feeling that big box is all Sisters is getting this year, plus the next Psychic Awakening thing will almost certainly be announced this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The first 4 issues it seems. I subscribed but didn't get anything. I contacted them asking what was happening and got no reply until this. 

I've contacted them again to find out if my 2 free issues will be sent out now or do I have to wait until launch.

I'm glad it's getting a full launch tho, good way to get 2 armies and scenery cheaper as well as new people into the hobby

Yeah same here. I received all confirmation I subscribed but nothing. I guess the limited was based on the extra for the first subscribers but I would be upset if I receive the first 4 issues at a different price and without the 5 gifts I signed for. Which email did you use to contact them? Can you PM me please?

45 minutes ago, TheCovenLord said:

I know this is a little bit of a deviation from the new releases from the Bone-Zone. But local word(super reliable I know) has it KO is getting a refresh early next year and according to our local KO player a lot of the models in local stores (GW and third party, in the americas) are no longer available for order in any form (Riggers, Thunderers etc.).

Any hints on the next wave? I know Slaves/Everchosen are slated still for their first tome but KO/Seraphon are still waiting for a 2.0 refresh as well and that there is supposed to be one more mini-release for Tzeentch? This year? 

Available models in the webstore are one of the most unreliable sources to predict future releases. Many models become unavailable for some time before coming back with seemingly no change and for no reason all the time.

1 minute ago, Panzer said:

Available models in the webstore are one of the most unreliable sources to predict future releases. Many models become unavailable for some time before coming back with seemingly no change and for no reason all the time.

Esp if you use any store that isn't the UK store. Overseas stuff gets restocked in waves with shipments. So its likely things fall out of stock for a while before a new shipment comes to replenish them.

Right now there's nothing in the UK store that you can't buy. One early indication is when the battletome gets removed. The Mawtribes tome vanished about a week or so before the preview this weekend

Note that right now everything for KO is on sale on the UK GW store. 

As for armies without 2.0 Tomes theres; KO, Seraphon, Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness and Tzeentch. So three updates and one brand new (Everchosen and Slaves are linked on the GW storepage and for a long while we've assumed they'll be put toegther - which makes sense as Everchosen only has a small library of very expensive models to its name). 

Don't forget Slaves has also had model updates through Warcry.

5 hours ago, Austin said:

And yes, I know you can just choose to not  buy the box.  But why can't GW choose to be somewhat friendly to their customers.  I don't like feeling as though a company is trying to force me to purchase a specific way, and I hope GW realizes the mistake soon.

I find it surprising to see posts indicating GW is not friendly to customers, is gouging, is forcing, is making mistakes, is not supportive, and so on.

Do folks not remember that not so very long ago, their policies were much worse, that they had almost zero social interaction, that they didn't have value sets of any kind whatsoever, that White Dwarf was pretty much half filled with ads for their own stuff, etc.?

Things are so good right now! If I'm sitting in their head office reading the complaints now I shake my head and wonder what it takes to make people happy.

• Like 8

I'd super surprised, almost chocked, that they erase some of the KO units! This is one of the most iconic AoS faction. And it has so few kit that you can't possibly erase some of them. 

No, just no. Btw, a KO refresh is of course expected next year (as well as DoT and StD and probably seraphon). Then everything would be AoS 2.0.

I expect DoK, Nurgle, LoN and Deepkin to get new tomes next spring /summer. The old books will have been out over two years at that point and all four of the armies need rules updates. 

Plus missing endless spells / scenery. 

They may just let legions of nagash fade out at this point though. 

• Confused 1

But all those are 2.0 battletomes. They don't need new Tomes at this stage. 

I'm not saying that one or two smaller armies might not get a 2.5 update with a second wave of models. But releasing things like Endless Spells or Terrain doesn't need a whole new Tome to achieve. 

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I expect DoK, Nurgle, LoN and Deepkin to get new tomes next spring /summer. The old books will have been out over two years at that point and all four of the armies need rules updates. 

Plus missing endless spells / scenery. 

They may just let legions of nagash fade out at this point though. 

Mmm probably not for a while, those tomes were made with 2.0 in mind. They don’t really seem that much in need of rules updates urgently. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'd super surprised, almost chocked, that they erase some of the KO units! This is one of the most iconic AoS faction. And it has so few kit that you can't possibly erase some of them. 

No, just no. Btw, a KO refresh is of course expected next year (as well as DoT and StD and probably seraphon). Then everything would be AoS 2.0.

As a new (less than a year) player it seems a lot of the complaints seem to do with poor internal communication at GW rather than say, a malicious and deliberate attempt to gouge every last penny out of every customer at any cost as it does a lot of the time with video games these days (what I spent most of my time doing previously).

Isn't the Tzeentch book a 1.0 tome as well?

17 minutes ago, Raviv said:

A new banner on the community site says "Preview incoming! Check back on Thursday for the latest from Spiel"

It will probably be something about underworlds or warhammer munchkin. It's a board games event after all isn't it?  

29 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Didn't they say that another Chaos Tome was still coming this year, or have we had it and I didn't notice? With the rate of updates its getting a little hard to keep track!

GW has said nothing, in fact Gutbusters was the last of the AoS reveals (that I can recall) for the year that GW has shown off. Not forgetting that we've still more Bonereaper stuff to come. 

There is rumour that there is or was one more tome after Gutbusters for the year, but that's only been casual rumour. It also came with the fact that the Sylvaneth delay earlier in the year might well have pushed the tome after Gutbusters into 2020. That said even if there's no more tomes there's only 4 more to update going into 2020. So by April/May we could be fully done! Esp as both 40K and AoS no longer have any full army rumours or hints for the first part of 2020. After Sisters and Ossiarchs I'd expect a bit of a break from big army releases. That said AoS still has the dark and light aelf rumours to contend with. 

Thereafter I'd expect to see potential developed in Death and Destruction. Death still has Vampires who look good for an overhaul and update; whilst Destruction might get something new - who knows. Suffice it to say that even without light and dark aevles Order is very nicely full and with each of the gods doing their own armies Chaos is very full as well. 

8 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

It will probably be something about underworlds or warhammer munchkin. It's a board games event after all isn't it?  

It does tend to be games besides 40k and AoS. Last year we saw a preview of a Nightvault warband, a Blood Bowl team and a licensed board game.

Fingers crossed for a look at the Beatgrave hunter, though odds are we'll see him in the background of an army shot when previews of the Mawtribes battletome come out this week, or next week with youtube reviews.

(also the idea that GW is dropping part of a plastic line for a brand new AoS faction only two years in is ludicrous. KO might be getting a battletome refresh, gods know they need it more than most, but there is absolutely no way on earth they're getting rid of part of the model line)

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

But all those are 2.0 battletomes. They don't need new Tomes at this stage. 

I'm not saying that one or two smaller armies might not get a 2.5 update with a second wave of models. But releasing things like Endless Spells or Terrain doesn't need a whole new Tome to achieve. 

56 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Mmm probably not for a while, those tomes were made with 2.0 in mind. They don’t really seem that much in need of rules updates urgently. 

I strongly disagree, or well at least for the ones other than LoN which has settled down to be fairly good but also with counters. 

Deepkin desperately need a new book. The only viable competitive build is to spam Morrsarr guard. Eidolons, Sharks, Turtles, Lotann, Reavers and the Soul Render are completely unusable. Thralls are only usable if you want to take 3 x 10 and a tidecaster general. The spell lore is terrible, the only usable command trait is plus 2 wounds, the artefacts are all worse than the malign sorcery options. The battalions are unusable. Furthermore, a lot of the intended internal synergies, such as Soulrender + Thralls just don't work. 

Nurgle are just too weak all over. The Blightkings need their ability to trigger on unmodified 6s. The whole army needs a damage increase. I don't play Nurgle so can't comment too much, but the stats speak for themselves.

DoK are also too powerful, but also suffer from a particularly unengaging playstyle. The sheer amount of rerolls their army has access to means they will always be in the top tiers. The only reason the army isn't totally dominating is because of the utter ****** show that is Slaanesh and the wonky point values of Skaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1