The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

It was cool to see Orruks combined with some new units, however I really feel GW missed an opportunity to give Ironjawz a new kit (and Fyreslayers too), as they have few options for miniatures in their faction.

I strongly believe from the way the battletome was created and, as others have said in this same thread, the direction GW is going with the Psychic Awakening, Orruks will get a smaller expansion closer to when we will discover what Gordrakk is going to do with the god beast ram...

Without requiring a full book..

There it is. Gotta say, not the best way to roll out Bonereapers for me personally. I get why people with different priorities are thrilled though.

I'm a bit annoyed the only units they put up alongside the BT are in a Battlebox, but I guess some things will go for preorder the week after, so that's ok.

The Battlebox exclusive character being an SC is good for me, since I don't like to use those anyway. Also helps Coffin guy is the character I was least eager to get into my hands already.

Not a fan of special weapons in AoS either, but as long as it's just one in ten its cool. I just hope they never repeat the Tzaangor mess, with three different weapon types and a special troop type in addition to the usual command crew (and then changing the rules of those equipment options so a different mix becomes optimal🙄).

I'll propably only preorder a BT next week then. Maybe the terrain if it is really, really affordable. But really, that can wait until I actually have an army to hit the field with and it actually becomes an obligatory possession.

Lore whise, I'm a bit dissappointed Ogors just get turned back to their Warhammer Fantasy army. But I'm happy for the ogre fans and consider them the army I am least likely to ever pick up, so even I don't think my oppinion in the matter has any import.

• Like 2

I don't get it: warscrollbuilder gives the Leadbelchers units by 3 men. And there are only 2 in the box...and 4 in the full GW unit package sold at GW?

What the heck??

2 boxes gixes you around 1100/1180 points of ogor army.

So, probably arount the same on the death side. It is strange that they put morghast here. But the character seems also a named one, meaning only one per army?

Just now, GeneralZero said:

I don't get it: warscrollbuilder gives the Leadbelchers units by 3 men. And there are only 2 in the box...and 4 in the full GW unit package sold at GW?

What the heck??

2 boxes gixes you around 1100/1180 points of ogor army.

So, probably arount the same on the death side. It is strange that they put morghast here. But the character seems also a named one, meaning only one per army?

The peek at the new Irongut Warscroll has them in groups of four, which is good because it matches how they are sold. Most likely Leadbelchers now also come in groups of 2 or 4.  Which is for the best.

Unfortunately I literally just want the Tyrant out of the whole box but that's how it goes.

• Like 1

140£ for the coffin guy only probably I’ll pass as I already have 4 Morghasts and everything else should be available without discount soon after. I’m interested in BCR and I could use the half of this box to integrate if Mawtribes is a good book as much as Orruk Warclans, but 140£? Seems a bit too much for really one guy that I really want. 

Although I know I’ll suffer cause that guy may not appear on the shelves for a looooong time, at least for Nighthaunt if you change your mind the starter box is still available. But once this box is gone good luck finding the heroes at a decent price...

To be honnest, I'm interested by the ogors but I have no clue

1. how are the units int this box (ok-ish, strong, must have or useless)

2. how they can mix with beastclaw raiders, as I really like the big minis (thundertusks/stonehorn etc...) and the mournfangs. 

Side note: yes, at the end of the day, dive into mawtribes  will be about the price of this box.

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

2. how they can mix with beastclaw raiders, as I really like the big minis (thundertusks/stonehorn etc...) and the mournfangs. 

Side note: yes, at the end of the day, dive into mawtribes  will be about the price of this box.

We could answer those questions based on how they currently work; but since a new book is arriving, we have no idea yet how everything will shape up. I'd stay tuned for the community previews.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

1. As it stands currently:

- Ogors (Gluttons) are meh when not in a big unit of 12. They're big slabs of wounds and can hit like a truck - especially on the charge. They have quite a lot of self contained buffs, which is something I like about them.

- Leadbelchers, no matter how much I love them and rep them, suck real bad.

- The Ironblaster is a big beautiful ******.

- Tyrants are powerful heroes with a great command ability, but they aren't anything spectacular without a significant investment of artefacts and command abilities.

2. That remains to be seen. Right now it's just an allies choice. I expect a single allegiance. With subfactions that include both, but perhaps give bonuses to a certain flavour of ogres over others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dont' forget Gutbusters never had a Battletome - so their army was never really even worked on early. So their stats are REALLY old in AoS and very out of date. Much like Slaves to Darkness their stats are very poor compared to other armies. The 2.0 Battletomes are a big update so you can expect many things to change. Some units might get stronger, gain new abilities; you might lose some too. However you'll also get army wide abilities that can make a serious different to model performance. 

So I wouldn't weight things too much on how the army is now, wait and see. There's two weeks until sale and that means two weeks of preview articles that will spoil and show off some details. Plus the embargo on preview copies tends to expire when the tomes go on preorder so you'll get to see some more details from non-gw sources then.

Overall pretty much every army has done well with a 2.0 battletome. Some have done better than others, but there's no outright utterly trash 2.0 battletomes.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Probably nothing but anyone notice the Bonereapers warscroll cards has them fighting slaves to darkness? 

The chaos warrior and mauraders look a bit different. 

There's always some artistic licence though. Look at the Reapers and the mounted creature has a slightly different look - more body and chunky/thick.