The Rumour Thread

Wow, I'm pretty stunned on multiple fronts! I wasn't expecting them to sneak in Mawtribes concurrently with Bonereapers, and I really wasn't expecting them to come right out with a discount box for a newly released faction. 

I know the hints strongly pointed at bonereapers vs. ogors for that box... but I'm still surprised that they are actually doing it.

It’s weird that a new army release comes in a box that is not a starter set and with an exclusive limited hero (at least for some time). Without knowing the rules I guess most people will pre-order the box to avoid ending like Skaven and FEC players that missed Carrion Empire...

And then players really interested that missed the box because not interested in half of it will end up waiting months before being able to complete their army... weird choice, it also doesn’t tell GW how many people are interested in either army on day one.

• Like 1

That's some improvement to the Ironguts. Now hitting on 3+ and getting an extra bite attack. Also looks like a warband of ogres is now called a Warglutt.

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

Wait a second....two Leadbelchers? That looks weird

Huh, guess they took half the sprues? Might account for the Irongut card noting that it could be any number of models, we might be seeing a lower minimum unit size for ogres in general.

• Like 1

Just now, Shankelton said:

Well holy ******. Colour me  surprised xD haha. Really never expected to see the brand new models in duel box

But hey, it's yyeaaaah boy Ogors!

It was actually quite likely as there were no other hints for what may go with ogors in a box and we also had already new models for 40k in the shadowspear double box. It ensures for gw that the demand is high on thoose boxes

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

It was actually quite likely as there were no other hints for what may go with ogors in a box and we also had already new models for 40k in the shadowspear double box. It ensures for gw that the demand is high on thoose boxes

Fair enough. I suppose if you want to move more Ogors as well, pairing them with a brand new army will do the trick haha

5 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Thing is demand on those boxes is usually really high because they offer a good discount and they contain new material otherwise not available elsewhere. Except the unique heroes that usually are made available 3-12 months later. Having an entire faction at launch day in a limited box I believe is a first for GW.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Shadowspear was new models on both sides. A box with one side existing models and one side all new models is new. I’m quite surprised. 

Another thing worth noting is that this boxed set looks to be HUGELY imbalanced in favor of the death side, cost-wise. 

6 Ogors, 2 Leadbelchers, and an Ironblaster = $95 MSRP, plus the tyrant

We don't know the costs of the Death side yet, but I'd be surprised if the Mortek Guard are any less than $50 for 10 and the Necropolis Stalkers probably are $50-$60 per 3. Morghasts are $60 for 2. 

So I'm guessing the Death side will have an MSRP of something like $160-170 plus the hero.

Our most recent comparison, Looncurse, has the Sylvaneth side coming in at $138 plus hero and the Gloomspite part coming in at $95 plus the hero. So that's a total value of $233 plus heroes.  Carrion Empire had a total box value of $275 plus the heroes.

Blood of the Phoenix has a value of $185 plus the new units and heroes. I honestly don't know what the Incubi and Howling Banshees would cost at retail, but I'd be shocked if they were more than 40-50 for 5 models. So that puts the total box value of Blood of the Phoenix at $265-285 or so plus the heroes.

Feast of Bones looks to be something like $255-265 plus the heroes.

I'm guessing we will see a $230 USD MSRP for Feast of Bones just like Blood of the Phoenix.

• Like 1

That was unexpected!

Soooo Reapers - really surprising that they are launching with a duel box instead of regular model boxes. It's also doubly surprising that they put a character in the boxed set not a generic leader, which somewhat devalues buying two or three sets; then again there's likely resale value on those who wait. 

Twin arm, regular warriors and morghasts - a nice big chunk of models! 
Terrain and the dice and tome. I wonder if there isn't more, its a surprisingly smaller amount of new Reaper stuff than I'd expected; then again Ogors are buffing up the overall amount of stuff with their own terrain and suchlike. 

An interesting release and makes me think Reapers could even be a three week affair or something GW draws out over a month or two. 

Only a box set for bonereapers with ogors? I already just got 2 morghasts to keep busy (as GW suggested in every article!) until release and the only way to get them is in a dual set? That is so weird and frustrating and feels like a slap in the face. 

I was so looking forward to the release and this is what they do... 

Yeah OBR release will most likely be several weeks long, but the one after has to be Ossiarch cause in the end there’s not that much to go on an army with just that box and some scenery. They could potentially intertwine with Sisters and drag it to the end of November the last models. Hopefully not. 

Super packed this box!!

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Only a box set for bonereapers with ogors? I already just got 2 morghasts to keep busy (as GW suggested in every article!) until release and the only way to get them is in a dual set? That is so weird and frustrating and feels like a slap in the face. 

Yep weird as it’s also a high entrance cost, but they said all expect the hero will be available soon, so probably the week after? In the meanwhile you can get them at a discount that is a first for GW. Although you would need to understand what to do with the Ogor half...

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Don't get too dissapointed. Remember there's two variations of morghasts AND the leader (far as we know) for Reapers is unique so one box would get you started pretty well with a nice core. I'm more surprised that GW didn't do any Ogor marketing before this, a bit of a slap for any ogor players who have now got to panic budget. 

6 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Are you forgetting the bajillion other kits that they have already previewed? Clearly you will be able to get bonereapers without buying this set. This set is the week 1 release only, there are certainly more to come over the next week or two.