The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Wouldn't it be easier to get Necromancers to raise the dead and have them walk themselves to the Ossiarchs for assimilation?

That would require magical energy. Small scale it would be fine, large scale like Nagash wants for the Reapers and it might prove problematic to sustain. Also don't forget such magics would require whole skeletons to work properly; whilst the tithe can be any old bit of bone even lost limbs. In addition it might have something do with how Nagash is blending bones and souls; necromantic energies might bind specific bones closer to their former souls more so than Nagash desires. 

That village idiot's body can be rendered down and made into a new warrior with warriors's souls within it. You don't really want echos and hints of the old village idiot's soul sticking around. 

28 minutes ago, Overread said:

That would require magical energy. Small scale it would be fine, large scale like Nagash wants for the Reapers and it might prove problematic to sustain. Also don't forget such magics would require whole skeletons to work properly; whilst the tithe can be any old bit of bone even lost limbs. In addition it might have something do with how Nagash is blending bones and souls; necromantic energies might bind specific bones closer to their former souls more so than Nagash desires. 

That village idiot's body can be rendered down and made into a new warrior with warriors's souls within it. You don't really want echos and hints of the old village idiot's soul sticking around. 

That makes sense.  I suppose also that if you are creating a military machine, then they need to practice and hone their skills occasionally.  This way, they also become indoctrinated into the regime - probably essential to help fuse all those disparate souls together so they can function efficiently.

The Feast of Bones box is mostly wasted on me, but I was ready for that. I'll use one of the leadbelchers to get me up to 9 and convert one of the Gluttons to an Irongut for the same purpose.

That much I'm fine with, no plastic Butcher or Firebelly is making me very sad though.

THE OL' SWITCHEROO (aaaaahh there's a lot here.)

• Two battletomes in one week! Mawtribes in 2019!
  • That's the current butcher and firebelly anyway. Shame for the former.
  • Basic ogres are called Gluttons now, fine, ok
  • Coffin dude is a special character, ok
  • Gnoblars qua gnoblars are staying!
  • Both sets of dice are lovely
  • The mawpot looks fantastic

This though, "explaining just what happened to the Everwinter" is a little concerning... The BCR's background is great, I'd hate to see it go

• Like 2