The Rumour Thread

The three Legions seem to have interesting rules. Looking forward to see if there are only three or more. This type of differentiation gives much more tactics and fun to an existing army, not sure why Nighthaunt missed it but you can see in Cities of Sigmar how they are really diving into it and to my opinion GW is doing a great job!

Also they are kinda confirming tomorrow is the pre-pre-order day, right?

Edited by alghero81

9 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The three Legions seem to have interesting rules. Looking forward to see if there are only three or more. This type of differentiation gives much more tactics and fun to an existing army, not sure why Nighthaunt missed it but you can see in Cities of Sigmar how they are really diving into it and to my opinion GW is doing a great job!

Also they are kinda confirming tomorrow is the pre-pre-order day, right?

From what i heard pre order date is 26th.

But it could be wrong though

Ossiarchs are set for October ordering and the 26th is the last Saturday of the Month. That and GW has done a preview today as well as two monday articles this month. Basically they will almost for certain appear on pre-order preview tomorrow and on the 26th for preorder (hopefully with some prices appearing around midweek to Thursday from 3rd party retailers)

i think the biggest problem with ossiarchs is the base troop is too small for the "elite armor faction" 

chaos: chaos warriors on 32mm

order: liberators on 32mm

destruction: ardboys on 32mm

death: bonemeal terracotta soldiers on 25mm

if they beefed up the mortek guard to look like they could go toe to toe with the other 3 "marines" then they'd look awkward manning the catapults. I feel like they should of had a noncombat "worker" unit which would make sense as somebody needs to grind the bones to make the clay, shape it into the various pieces for the constructs,  etc. So it kinda feels like a wasted opportunity.

Edited by TheMuphinMan

I think Libs are on 40s.

25mm is fine to me.  These guys are constructs, no need to wrap flesh in armour. 

It keeps the nod towards the slimness of skeletons, but has a little more bulk as befits their 'elite' status. 

I am curious to see just how elite these guys are though? 2W? 4+ Sv?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Necrotopia? Really?

All I could think of was this.

It actually made me smile and warmed my little black heart when I read it.

Love it.

I'm getting more and more of a Darksiders+Chronicles of Riddick vibe, which is fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Release OBR already thanks. Still mad that they teased ogres first and they'll still be after 😂

Althrough I really must admit that I look forward to the Ogors Tome! I´ve started some BCR as fun project and really enjoy the models a lot! Adding some of the Gutbuster Sculpts sounds neat, especially as they have this awesome big cannon :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

i think the biggest problem with ossiarchs is the base troop is too small for the "elite armor faction" 

if they beefed up the mortek guard to look like they could go toe to toe with the other 3 "marines" then they'd look awkward manning the catapults. I feel like they should of had a noncombat "worker" unit which would make sense as somebody needs to grind the bones to make the clay, shape it into the various pieces for the constructs,  etc. So it kinda feels like a wasted opportunity.

Yes, a ants style army where fonctions (worker, soldier...) determine the look of the base troop would fit the theme.

2 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Are they the  elite armour faction? Why does it have to be this way? It seems you have a preconceived notion and are ending logic to suit that. Having said that, I'm surprised as anyone to see them so small.

Really liking this background. That they’re a completely new form of unlife completely sterile and cut off from the natural order, with no connection to anyone other than Nagash.

That they’re part of a colossal megalomaniacal plan at the resource management end. 

That they come again and again like historical events, appearing in chronologies over millennia.

That they can think and feel enough to make deliberate bad faith deals out of spite, they’re fallible and very human.

That the bone source matters and only makes them seem more prehistoric.

That all these subfaction names are bangers, far more so than ‘Bonereapers’.

It’ll be the ogres for me but I can’t wait to read about these guys.

• Like 2

We don't know how they work yet, we only know they aren't a swarming army like Skaven and that they were made as Nagash's elite to counter stormcast. From the display we've seen they likely have  similar numbers of models on the table; however whilst they might not have the size of stormcast they might well make up for it with resurrection mechanics and the like. 

As for the lore what I really like is that whilst they are bound to Nagash's great plan, they are not slaves totally. They appear to have form, function and un-life beyond him. Which really sets them up well. Like the rest of Death they are only Slaves to Nagash's power, not to his existence. 

46 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for the lore what I really like is that whilst they are bound to Nagash's great plan, they are not slaves totally. They appear to have form, function and un-life beyond him. Which really sets them up well. Like the rest of Death they are only Slaves to Nagash's power, not to his existence. 

That's the thing isn't it, they're thinking beings. There's a lot that can be read into that image where two ossiarchs (officers? attendants? nobles?) turn to talk to each other. You wouldn't get that with most undead.

They have no real direct connection to any culture of the mortal realms, living or ancient, because they have no concrete memories and they're not resurrected entombed warriors but they have their own society. It's just that it's one built from the ground up by Nagash. He's picked particular martial trappings and they owe everything they are to him, more than most undead, but they're not automata. They are going to quarrel with other factions (I can so easily see a mistrust between the soulblight "aristocracy of the night" and the ossiarch professional soldier class) and have their own identity of sorts.

I'd also note that though it's only a small mention, this bit about the Ivory Host and their beast bones shows more emphasis on Ghur. It follows on from what we got with Beastgrave, including its bones and infectiously predatory energies, as well as in the Warclans battletome. I suspect we'll get a lot more in the Mawtribes book.

ossiarch.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Souleater said:

I think Libs are on 40s.

25mm is fine to me.  These guys are constructs, no need to wrap flesh in armour. 

It keeps the nod towards the slimness of skeletons, but has a little more bulk as befits their 'elite' status. 

I am curious to see just how elite these guys are though? 2W? 4+ Sv?

I think 2 wounds on a 25mm base would be a bit weird. Maybe a high armour army, 4+ or even 3 + with a death save.