The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Xoledas said:

No more Beastclaw riders Battletome on the website or am i blind?

Good spot, its gone from the UK site too; likely reflects GW running out of stock and then not ordering any more and also likely shelving what they had. No sense selling it now since there's an update likely very close (months - but before end of year). 

58 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Stormcast box should be a true SC for Sacrosanct. Maybe it will even allow Soul Wars to have the proper unit numbers. But that would be weird numbers... 12 sequitors, 2 or 7 evocators, and 4 castigators :/ Not sure if it'd even make me return my unopened SC Vanguard box to buy this Battleforce, even if the models were actually from the boxed sprues.

edit: people are hoping for dracs in the box, I can see that but definitely not Aventis. Maybe Astreia for the dracs since she buffs them.

I was actually eyeing a Vanguard box, to use the Palladors in a Demi unit and have the bird speedbump. Then try and see if anyone has a use for the rest of the Stormcast, or cut them up for parts and basing material.

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Good spot, its gone from the UK site too; likely reflects GW running out of stock and then not ordering any more and also likely shelving what they had. No sense selling it now since there's an update likely very close (months - but before end of year). 

Does this hint at imminence of new Ogor tome? How long were old FEC and Sylvaneth  tomes on the site before the new ones were released? 

Just now, annarborhawk said:

Does this hint at imminence of new Ogor tome? How long were old FEC and Sylvaneth  tomes on the site before the new ones were released? 

We know for certain that a new Gutbuster leader model is being released by GW in plastic. It was shown at the 2019 Nova event. However we've also seen strong hints of there being a combined ogres battletome which links up Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders. The first casual hint was when they did their last survey and in one of the questions about favoured factions there was only "Ogres" instead of gutbusters and beastclaw raiders. Since they share the very same visual design and were once part of the same model line in Old World and we've heard a few "met at the event and asked" reports from people that basically confirms its going to happen.

There's also a shipment report from a firm which does casting for GW of their overseas plastics (terrain and spells and such) which has a great cooking pot on the inventory for ogors which would be a very well themed terrain feature for them. 

WE don't know if they'll lose any models - anything metal/finecast is easily up for the chop in both forces. 

1 minute ago, annarborhawk said:

I don't think anybody noticed because those two came out of absolutely nowhere. Maybe the same could happen and Ogors could be next week. It's rare that they remove obsolete products long before they're replaced.

16 hours ago, Zanzou said:

I think part of this is also because people expect a "low win rate" army to be comparable to the "low win rate" for characters in competitive video games.  In video games, a low win rate character is often in the 44-46 percent range.  In Age of Sigmar, we've seen factions be as low as 10-20 percent.

Definitely this but there is also the issue of the severity of the loss. I don't mind losing games too much but feeling like there is absolutely nothing I could have done is a big downer. I always try to make armies that can at least "give a game" against the top tier lists.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Souleater said:

If they were to drop Ogor Maneaters, would they get flagged as LCTB before being removed?

Tempted to grab Ninja Ogor just in case.

It really depends. Sometimes things go on Last Chance and you've got a while before they go, other times they go on Last Chance and are gone within a day. The Cities of Sigmar factions that had removed models only lasted around one day before the vast majority was gone from the GW stores when it went on Last Chance and the popular stuff went within hours. 

Many times "Last Chance" translates to "we won't cast it any more" which means whatever stock GW has gets burned through until its gone. However they've also done it with things like Sisters of Battle where its got a set end-date and they keep casting until that point. So its variable, though typically its the former - no more production grab it whilst you can.

Sometimes stuff can also just vanish for no reason or warning from the store. 

41 minutes ago, Overread said:

It really depends. Sometimes things go on Last Chance and you've got a while before they go, other times they go on Last Chance and are gone within a day. The Cities of Sigmar factions that had removed models only lasted around one day before the vast majority was gone from the GW stores when it went on Last Chance and the popular stuff went within hours. 

Two sets were out of stock around the world more than a day before they entered last chance to buy.

2 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I could be mistaken,  but I don't think they generally include named characters in the battleforce boxes?  Certainly I can't think of any off-hand.

Though of course the SCE unique characters have generic options on the sprue, so they could still be included, but I would not expect to see the likes of Lady Olynder.

AoSBattleforce-BloodQueen-Image6g.jpg

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Many times "Last Chance" translates to "we won't cast it any more" which means whatever stock GW has gets burned through until its gone. However they've also done it with things like Sisters of Battle where its got a set end-date and they keep casting until that point. So its variable, though typically its the former - no more production grab it whilst you can.

Sometimes stuff can also just vanish for no reason or warning from the store. 

One has to hope that the way they're doing it with Sisters of Battle is a reaction to how badly the Cities of Sigmar discontinuations went. It might mean that they've taken the criticism on board, and are trying out a better way to do it.

Then again it could just be 40K favoritism. I guess only time will tell...

I'm actually dubious much will get cut from Ogors this time around. The existence of an Underworlds warband with an Ogor Hunter/cats means those models are very unlikely to be dropped unless they are replaced outright. The Gorger, which was at the top of my likely cut-list just got updated to round bases on the website. The Firebelly and Maneaters featured in a forbidden power story on community not long ago, and apparently (Was mentioned by Doom and Darkness, IIRC) someone from GW on social media said those models weren't going anywhere in response to speculation/discussion about the article.

• Like 1

Stories from BL offer no protection to models. Often the authors have no idea about the future of games and the products; and even when they do sometimes the stories they write are started many months ago and production and sales and such can result in changes coming through the system. So a "confirmed to stay" model suddenly becomes one being removed only a short while after a story featuring that model is published.

You can't even predict new things as authors will use concept ideas from GW as well as their own ideas when writing stories. So you can see really cool new monsters and races and factions that will never come to pass. Or which might have been considered but shelved etc....

Heck Araby, Cathay and Nippon all featured in Old World stories and the closest any of those got to an army was the Warmaster army for Araby. Meanwhile Kisleve was featured heavily and yet was eventually cut as an army for the game. 

Even some publications come short like the recent mercenary rules for dwarf artillery which were removed in the Cities of Sigmar model removal before that book came out. They'd also been heavily present in the lore as well. 

Of course sometimes things go away and come back, just months/years later. 

In general I would say anything in Beastclaws/Gutbusters in plastic is safe, whilst anything metal/finecast is at risk of being removed. If you love any of those sculpts get them now before they go. Plastics have tended to be safer, mostly because form GW's end they are a much bigger investment and the material is a current one they are using not retiring like metal and finecast. Gutbusters/Beastclaws don't have a huge number of plastics and they are all fairly modern with what they've got so I don't see a need to remove. 

Of course we have lost plastics - Greenskins and Cities of Sigmar showed that we can indeed lose some quite modern plastics. I did predict that we might lose some of the repeat orruk concepts (you don't need 3 armies with the same boar-riders, shamans, choppa boys etc... concepts); however the losses in Cities armies were almost impossible to predict including things like dragon kits etc.. - many of which were not all that old. 

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

Even some publications come short like the recent mercenary rules for dwarf artillery which were removed in the Cities of Sigmar model removal before that book came out. They'd also been heavily present in the lore as well.

I'm thinking GW has picked up on how poorly releasing new rules for models then almost immediately cutting the models went. So I think its unlikely we'll see a repeat of that but time will tell.

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

however the losses in Cities armies were almost impossible to predict including things like dragon kits etc.. - many of which were not all that old. 

There was some redundancy in the elf kits (so much elven Calvary and two handed models) but I very surprised when they cut the sky-cutter given it was a very unique and modern plastic. I thought for sure it was going to be folded into Wanderers or Phoenix Temple (or actually I had thought all the Aelven micro factions would be combined).

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Stories from BL offer no protection to models. Often the authors have no idea about the future of games and the products; and even when they do sometimes the stories they write are started many months ago and production and sales and such can result in changes coming through the system. So a "confirmed to stay" model suddenly becomes one being removed only a short while after a story featuring that model is published.

I agree with the fact BL means nothing to the actual game, but the story with the firebelly and the maneaters was not from Black library but from forbidden power and entwined with gordrakk's story about that huge skull which probably is a hook to the next story arc in aos, and together with the community team saying in a post that the models are not going anywhere, I think the ogres are safe. Heck, if they are not removing the gorger why would they remove anything at all? That model is terrible.

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The poisonwind mortar was dropped as well, right?  I also thought the packmaster was, but that has just been changed to need 3, or so it seems. So 55% was lost.

No the packmaster with the special prod was dropped.

but since we got a master moulder that can basically have a things catcher instead of the usual warpstone lash, you probably can guess what he is being used as.

42 minutes ago, Ranz said:

I agree with the fact BL means nothing to the actual game, but the story with the firebelly and the maneaters was not from Black library but from forbidden power and entwined with gordrakk's story about that huge skull which probably is a hook to the next story arc in aos, and together with the community team saying in a post that the models are not going anywhere, I think the ogres are safe. Heck, if they are not removing the gorger why would they remove anything at all? That model is terrible.

Militia equipment is in the description of Freeguild in CoS. That's quite close to the warscroll where it was excluded.

Yes, spotted that too. I wonder if the reference to militia was an intentional homage to the retired kit or if it was dropped late in the process.

On another note, unlike the Bretonnian models there are now no Warscrolls available to play Militia (same issue with general on horse). I wonder when this problem will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Yes, spotted that too. I wonder if the reference to militia was an intentional homage to the retired kit or if it was dropped late in the process.

On another note, unlike the Bretonnian models there are now no Warscrolls available to play Militia (same issue with general on horse). I wonder when this problem will be fixed.

Split em up. Everyone goes in a unit with models holding the same weapon as them. It's not like anyone actually used to take Free Company back in the day. 🤷‍♂️😉

REAPERS

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/19/what-is-the-tithegw-homepage-post-3

So this confirms much of what we knew already, that the reapers are built of bone and many souls; that they treat the living like a farmer treats cattle (stock for the harvest) and that they posses their own independent thought and goals (even if slaved to Nagash's overarching directive). There's more detail on them acting like immortals so coming to take tithes from peoples who might have been left without a harvest for generations and thus forget the old agreements. There's also aspects of them having squabbles or territory expansions of their own might might cause them to turn on a tithed settlement and the, ever present, fact that some might turn against them and thus have to be harvested in a more direct way. 

There's also rough details on 3 variations of the legions, giving a hint as to the source of bone having an impact on their performance. From an army given into bestial rage in combat; to those formed from the dark Pyramid and resistant to magic. 

In addition there's several new works of art!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1