The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm really surprised that the Mortek Guard are on 25s. I would expect 32s if not 40s. If they are indeed on 25s or 32s though that bodes really well for conversions using Tomb Kings bits.

I think they are on 32s. I think who ever made the picture thinks they are on 25s but I’m on the same page as you due to how big they look.

28 minutes ago, Knopers said:

I still hope for additional ranged options and possibility to build archers from cavalry/infantry 😏

I hope not as I see the army as a classic bump and grind type one with artillery support. 😁

17 hours ago, Charleston said:

Btw I would love to hear from someone who is keen to bows, if such a bow makes somehow sense :D

If somebody were to try and do this in the real world, they'd likely end up with a whole world of pain - bolts in the actual bow limbs would introduce weak points and each limb would flex at a different curvature.

However in the mortal realms, it's a fantastic idea!  I'm thinking Ogor in truth - very much a case of "how can I make a bow more powerful - by strapping three together!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

If somebody were to try and do this in the real world, they'd likely end up with a whole world of pain - bolts in the actual bow limbs would introduce weak points and each limb would flex at a different curvature.

However in the mortal realms, it's a fantastic idea!  I'm thinking Ogor in truth - very much a case of "how can I make a bow more powerful - by strapping three together!"

It’s far too finely crafted to be Ogors. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they are on 32s. I think who ever made the picture thinks they are on 25s but I’m on the same page as you due to how big they look.

We’re pretty sure they’re on 25s, because if they’re on 32s then the Stalkers are gigantic. I think everyone’s confused because of how detailed the models are, but I think the scale in this photo serves well to show their size differences. 

F65029AA-3E23-4755-840B-8F76786DE020.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Neinball said:

We’re pretty sure they’re on 25s, because if they’re on 32s then the Stalkers are gigantic. I think everyone’s confused because of how detailed the models are, but I think the scale in this photo serves well to show their size differences. 

F65029AA-3E23-4755-840B-8F76786DE020.jpeg

Wow. Didn’t notice that! Yes in this case it looks like 25s else the big dudes are massive!

GUYS I got one - an actual RUMOUR!!!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2460/780018.page#top part way down

From someone in France relayed through Dakka: *translated with google apparently* Also they think Ombrelance is "shadow spear" or something like that. 

"Sister of battles:
The first box including the new army figures will be available between November 10 and 20 and the collector version will exist in French.
There will be no further news until February / March 2020.

Necromunda:
New Necromunda box including a new band and with new rules.

Battleforce Christmas:
There will be 10 different Battelforce.
145 euros / piece
4 for AOS: Nighthaunt / Skaven / Stormcast / Goblins
6 for 40k: T'au, Drukhari, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Chaos, Tyranids

Romans:
All Horus Heresy novels are back in Hard Cover Omnibus

Accessories:
A box with 5 painting handles
A box with a handle under layer for under bed 50 figurines

MS:
Start collecting Vanguard

Chaos:
Start collecting Ombrelance"
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Yeah Ogors Ogres whatever are most likely the next Battletome after Ossiarchs. Following on from that we've no idea until we get a new GW reveal event really as Ogres are the last thing GW has teased us for in the main game. 

That said there's only Seraphon, KO, Tzeentch and Slaves to go anyway. Seraphon, KO and Tzeentch are most likely just bare bones tome updates with terrain+spells, whilst Slaves appear to be going for a big release sideways through releasing models into Warcry first. Still that's likely the last big Tome for the game. Thereafter it would be new armies and updates. 

18 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

So with Free Cities and Oruk Warclans now out, and Ossiarch Bonereapers coming in the next few weeks, what do we think the next faction redone and next new faction will be?

Has anything been teased?

Ogors would be next on the books. Though I'd speculate, given the circumstantial evidence and hints, that the next tome reveal will be either Slaves to Darkness or Tzeentch, leaning toward the latter. Slaves would be a substantial release so I imagine they wont come until next year where GW can focus the story back on big papa Archeon.

• Like 3

Looks like they are splitting Shadowspear into two seperate start collecting boxes for each included faction.

While that's specifically 40k news, I think with the recent seperate release of the Blackstone baddies, the quick release of the Warcry base contents and the much earlier splitting of the old AoS starter into Start-Collecting boxes, that would be a pretty good signal. It shows that miniatures made for a more limited release are being kept around for some time.

5 hours ago, Overread said:
Battleforce Christmas:
There will be 10 different Battelforce.
145 euros / piece
4 for AOS: Nighthaunt / Skaven / Stormcast / Goblins
6 for 40k: T'au, Drukhari, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Chaos, Tyranids

What kind of content would another Stormcast box have?   What wasn't explored in a previous one?    

Edited by Nerdkingdan