The Rumour Thread

Aye, plus whenever a new army comes along people also wrap other things up as well into the like/dislike. Eg someone who might otherwise find Bonereapers ok can grow to dislike them purely because they think GW should have spent that money updating their Skaven army with new plastic sculpts; or adding to their Flesh Eater army with new model choices etc...

So a bit of that also comes along with an army release and that's before we even touch those who have lost armies - even TK armies which were lost years back are still a painful thing for many gamers who might still have the models or felt they had to part with them. 

• Like 2

I dunno, I've been here for the release of all other said factions (SC, KO, ID,...) and to me it feels very much like Bonereapers get the most bad comments and divide people more than even KO who are indeed very sci-fi for AOS. Of course there are also some that love the OBR dearly, I don't wanna badmouth the new faction. Just saying that I've never seen a faction divide the AOS fandom so much so far.

Like I said before I think they'd be almost awesome but something irks me about their look in the end so they're missed opportunity - which is totally fine. 

• Like 2

I think the biggest miss is that GW didn't seed them early enough. Bonereapers were VERY much a surprise release when everyone was expecting them to keep rolling out 2.0 updates and a new army might well be one of the two oft hinted at Aelf forces. To me that's the main failing is that GW didn't spend months/years prior seeding Bonereapers as something that was coming to the game. 

9 minutes ago, Charleston said:

In general the release cycle seems a bit like having a hickup since Sylvaneth. Also the fact that we´ve got 2 Studio Previews in a short time around Nova that spoiled so much stuff in advance is rather unusual.

Btw, I am curious how the odds are for an White Dwarf Index for StD´s

Low, I would say Slaves are FAR more in line for a full Battletome. Technically its still the big bad enemy of the whole game. 

35 minutes ago, Charleston said:

In general the release cycle seems a bit like having a hickup since Sylvaneth. Also the fact that we´ve got 2 Studio Previews in a short time around Nova that spoiled so much stuff in advance is rather unusual.

Btw, I am curious how the odds are for an White Dwarf Index for StD´s

I just can’t get used to the Slaves to Darkness acronym, it sounds nasty. The name itself is fine, it’s the acronym that bothers me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think the biggest miss is that GW didn't seed them early enough. Bonereapers were VERY much a surprise release when everyone was expecting them to keep rolling out 2.0 updates and a new army might well be one of the two oft hinted at Aelf forces. To me that's the main failing is that GW didn't spend months/years prior seeding Bonereapers as something that was coming to the game. 

I think that they look nice and more interesting that the vast majority of AoS armies. My main complain is the blurry line to describe AoS setting.
That's why opinons are just black and white. 

For me, I think that AoS will become something like Magic the Gathering. I think that the planes are close enough to AoS realms and they need to expand that. 
onereapers seems to be some type of a new "black-mana army", and imho, they look fine. But if you put them in a LotR setting, they are a bit...weird. 

15 minutes ago, Realmhead said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/15/the-rumour-engine-october-15th-2019/

New rumor engine!

Looks like a Big Flippin' Crossbow to me. Maybe part of the Beastgrave Ogor Hunter...?

Ogors? With such master-crafted weaponery? No. This seems to be of aelvish nature!

Btw I would love to hear from someone who is keen to bows, if such a bow makes somehow sense :D

5 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Ogors? With such master-crafted weaponery? No. This seems to be of aelvish nature!

Btw I would love to hear from someone who is keen to bows, if such a bow makes somehow sense :D

Obvious, more strings fires more arrows more faster. 

But you make a good point. 

Revised idea: six armed Hyshian archer. Or an aelven bolt thrower

• Haha 1

I am so ready for some Hysh Aelves created by Tyrion.
When the Rumour engine for the Aelven Horn with the Rune popped up my first guess was "Hysh-Aelven Line Infantry Musician" - but I guess the ages of "Line Infantry" have passed. :D (---> Spire of Dawn Box "Spire Guard" are one of my favourite Models ever)
An "AoSified" Bolt Thrower would be neat! I am into that now. :)

• Like 1

I personally don’t think it’s a bow but could be related to something to hoist or to hold, maybe combined with the ship rumour we had some time ago.

Regarding the rules of Bonereapers a comment from @Overread made me think, and what if they can summon back their leaders? In theory they are constructs but today only demons can do that and only if certain points are obtained. A mechanic that allows re-assembly of leaders other than units would be pretty neat.

2 hours ago, IneptusAstartes said:

I just can’t get used to the Slaves to Darkness acronym, it sounds nasty. The name itself is fine, it’s the acronym that bothers me.

I'm in the middle of building my STD army of combined Nurgle and Slaanesh. Yes, that kind of STD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think the real clues are in the wording of the rumor engine:

"If you could see this full picture you’d go into a shock-induced coma. That’s why we’ve very considerately decided to show it to you in very small doses, to allow you to build up an immunity to all of the awesome. You should probably still take a seat when you look at this snippet…

[IMAGE]

Think you can conjure the rest of the image in your mind’s eye? Care to describe the contents of your vision on our Facebook pages for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar? Go for it! But be mindful of those who aren’t ready to bear the full weight of truth just yet."

The text before the image has allusions to medicine/disease. The text after the image has allusions to magic/mentalism. Does this jibe with Tyrion's End Times story? (I never read that bit of lore).   It sure seems like the language used was deliberately hinting at something.......

Edited by annarborhawk

6 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I saw this picture on facebook which include the Mortisian Boneshaper. Does anyone know when we got a glimpse of this model? It is barely visible in the image.

No photo description available.

That's one of the leaked potato-cam images from the battletome, we haven't got a proper look at it from GW yet. I suspect we'll see it in a week or two when they start doing previews for the battletome assuming it does go on preorder at the end of the month.

Edited by Dirtnaps

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I saw this picture on facebook which include the Mortisian Boneshaper. Does anyone know when we got a glimpse of this model? It is barely visible in the image.

Seeing everything together like that as an army makes me like them more

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

15 unit choices is fairly amazing for a new army.  So many new armies and even established have so much less to choose from.  Wonder if this means we get a new Nagash / Arkhan warscroll too.

I'm really surprised that the Mortek Guard are on 25s. I would expect 32s if not 40s. If they are indeed on 25s or 32s though that bodes really well for conversions using Tomb Kings bits.

I'm very sad though that the Gothizzar Harvester is as small as it is. I was hoping it'd be huge enough to be on a 100-130mm round as it's the perfect fit for a very complex conversion that I've wanted to do for a long time, but I need more space than a 105x70 will provide.