The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

There's been some pictures of rules from White Dwarf amongst others over the past week or so.  The shipping one was border line but we didn't spot it until it had well and truly done the rounds

That's because the mods are pretty quick and hiding them 😉 #OnTheCase

Why did you have to delete the Shadow Aelves pictures?!?!

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

What's the point in getting excited about leaks at all if the models are just going to be announced and released down the line anyway? 🤷‍♂️😉

Cause we get to be excited about it today not tomorrow. 

Also many times it can help gamers balance their budgeting. For example the Bonereaper leak helped cement my interest in the army which has led me to saving up for a bigger purchase of them than I might otherwise have done so at or near launch. Without the leak I'd be interested but likely to the level of "well perhaps a few and the battletome" whereas now I'm at the "maybe a hoard and a battletome". Yes you can argue that I'd have reached the same point eventually either way, but the extra weeks also gave me enough time to envision selling a load of models on to help save up so I've built up far more than I otherwise would have had to spend. 
Plus as its released hobby money chances are even if I end up changing my mind (lets say they price troops at £50 a box or something nuts or make it so that you need 100 just to field a basic squad) as its released hobby money chances are it would just go right back into GW on other things. 

At the same time surprises are not always nice. Eg GW recently put up 10 Inferno reprints for sale instead of the normal 5 that they've been doing. Now that's GREAT that they are increasing the speed of delivery and also still supporting the reprints; however it moved the price from £25 to £50 in one go and that's a 2 week window to purchase only. I'm still getting it, its not stopped me, but it will mess with finances somewhat. It might mean I get a box less Bonereapers as a result. 

So rumours and info leaks can be important for gamers. 

It's less critical now than in the past. In the distant past GW wasn't doing any online marketing besides teh release display on release day and they only hinted at a few things in the White Dwarf. So there was NO advanced warnings nor ideas of what was to come. This led to a rife growth of rumours and of people hungry for them because you'd really not know what the next 2 months or 4 would bring from the company. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

The shipping one was border line but we didn't spot it until it had well and truly done the rounds

But that's... not a leak. It's a supply chain information website listing actual shipping data which happens to include information on what GW is having shipped from China. It's not secret or confidential or something that's been photographed in violation of an NDA or GW's copyright, it's open public-facing information. Anywhere people inserted a screengrab, they simply could have linked to panjiva.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Curses its not the reapers!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/13/coming-soon-salamanders-imperial-fists-and-more/

Though this does at least confirm that Bonereapers will be pre-ordering on the 26th (its the last weekend  before the end of the month). Kinda feels odd for GW to say they are coming in October when they are going to appear in November ;) Still they are coming and its so soon just just till next month! 

1 minute ago, Nasnad said:

They never said they would come in October, they said we would be able to order them in October 😉

Yes but no but yes but no but yeah but still!

Though I honestly can't complain too much - gives me a whole other week to try and sell some BFG Imperials and stuff! 

So the line-up for the next few weeks should go something like this (mostly educated guessing here):

• Oct 19th: Space Marines
  • Oct 26th and Nov 2nd: Ossiarch Bonereapers
  • Nov 9th: Various boxed game stuff, like the Wolfriders, and maybe the two new Warcry warband
    Maybe a first wave of paint and accessories bundles like last year.
    I don't believe they would do two two-weeks release back to back.
  • Nov 16th and 23rd: Sisters of Battle
  • Nov 30th: Battleforce bundles
  • December - 3 release dates, last year GW released something on every week except Christmas week
    • Next chapter of Psychic Awekening (Black Templar VS Chaos Space Marines is the current rumor)
    • Possibly the new Tzeentch Battletome(it's the tradition), maybe first week of January, or maybe Ogors, or maybe both in a dual box. Neither tome has been officially annonced yet though
    • More boxed game stuff released the last weekend before Christmas

Those are the dates for pre-order, not actual release.

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Has the rumoured Ogors vs Reapers boxset been debunked?

It hasn't been debunked but it's difficult to see where it might fit in easily in 2019. If it exists - and all that stuff about the 'Pact of Bones' seems like a fairly big hint - I'd expect it to come out a bit after the Bonereaper release, so as not cannibalise sales of the full price individual kits, and a while before the Mawtribes. In that I would expect it to be closer to Looncurse rather than some of the other kits.

In other news, the Grymswatch cards seen on Can You Roll a Crit give us a few more hints about the future Beastgrave warbands. 

• there's a quote by a Morgwaeth the Blooded, invoking Khaine. Probably going to be the Daughters of Khaine champion (this was spotted already from WHC previews)
  • we have a better view of the Ironjawz, with this card showing at least two distinct brutes, one with swords and a topknot, the other with clubs. They're also shown with what may be another shadowy figure here, and an armoured guy with a two-handed flail-club swinging at a ghoul here. Three brutes then?
  • we have a clearer view of what the Rotbringers look like: this card and this card seem to show a Blightking who looks like that one gladiator-looking dude you can build from the main kit but seemingly with a spear, and this card shows a chunky fellow with a similar helm to the Lord of Blights. I'm suspecting two blightkings and this witch we've already seen.
  • there's a few quotes by a character called Hrothgorn, almost certainly the ogre hunter. He's got character! Notably we have a glimpse of the big fellow on this card ("You're all just meat to me" is a good line) and a few glimpses of the sabretusk, which in this card is interestingly closer to the original design, i.e. bristly mane and lower jaw canines, suggesting that the other card in the main set might have just been an art mixup by a freelance artist.
  • Goblins! There was some discussion previously about which warband these gobbos on foot fit into, possibly Ironjawz or Ogres. This card shows a berzerk goblin trying to kill one of the brutes, suggesting to me that they're not on the same side. In addition this card features a quote from the likely ogre hunter Hrothgorn addressing someone he's calling "runtling". This could just be generic adventurer party banter to an unrepresented ally but it could also easily be the hunter telling a grot assistant what to do. I think it's looking like the foot gobbo(s) are with the ogre hunter, which could suggest a warband consisting of a hunter, a sabretusk and two-three goblin helpers/trackers/lackeys/impromptu bait.
Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Indeed, I watched again the latest trailer and it does say “pre-order” in October, so that’s literally the only thing we will get in october is a teaser for a packed November.

In retrospect I think the wording here was a dead giveaway. If they were going to be available for purchase in October they likely would have said so, thus "pre order in October" all but confirms that it'll be the last week in the month.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

• there's a few quotes by a character called Hrothgorn, almost certainly the ogre hunter. He's got character! Notably we have a glimpse of the big fellow on this card ("You're all just meat to me" is a good line) and a few glimpses of the sabretusk, which in this card is interestingly closer to the original design, i.e. bristly mane and lower jaw canines, suggesting that the other card in the main set might have just been an art mixup by a freelance artist.

Could be two cats with the upper or lower canines to differentiate the models. 

The more Space Marine isn't surprising. The preorders being just Space Marines is though.

So in the last 2 and a half months of the year we have:

- A Sisters of Battle Army

- Ossiarch Bonereapers

- A Blood Bowl Team

- A Warcry Book

- Very likely the Last Two Chaos Warbands for Warcry and possibly the Cyclops.

- An underworld Warband

- A new Necromunda Expansion and gang

- Possibly Ogres or Tzeentch

- And (I don't really follow 40k so not sure) another Space Marine release and another Psychic Awakening book and possibly accompanying kits.

- Army and Terrain Bundles

- Aeronautica Ork Heavy Bommas 

It looks like an expensive time for a lot of hobbyists.