The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Emissary said:

2 books, 2 sets of cards, 2 special characters, 1 vehicle and 1 box of marines at minimum.  It's a full weeks release.

Darn it, well they could go at the very end of the month!! This is the month for the REAPERS surely!! 

Just 24 hours or so now until we get to find out - gah where is a rumour when you need one! 

+++ MOD HAT +++

Right folks, we've deviated from rumours for long enough, venturing into various areas that we shouldn't really be on a forum about a game.

Let's bring it back on topic and remember that if what you've just typed comes across as moaning,  rude or unpleasant, highlight it and hit the delete key!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

So rumour for mawtribes is that they will get a new plastic butcher in addition to the new tyrant and mawpot. 

Otherwise we are possibly getting a new chaos tome before the end of 2019,but that may have been pushed due to the sylvaneth delay. 

Is this coming from a particular source? The butcher part is absolutely plausible but it's also something a lot of people have been spitballing for months - a core part of the army that can't really be excised as easily as the maneaters or gorgers, though it appears they're sticking about - so I wonder if it's rumour reverb.

I can't see a Chaos tome appearing before Christmas now. I can well imagine that the original plan was to have one out - maximising the gain on the Warcry warbands and also getting AoS all onto Battletomes for Christmas sales. GW might still surprise us of course, but I can't see it easily happening. Even getting Ogres to fit in is going to be tight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can't see a Chaos tome appearing before Christmas now. I can well imagine that the original plan was to have one out - maximising the gain on the Warcry warbands and also getting AoS all onto Battletomes for Christmas sales. GW might still surprise us of course, but I can't see it easily happening. Even getting Ogres to fit in is going to be tight. 

Who knows, maybe double book drop?

Bonereapers and Orgors might be a double book drop since there was the theory of the 2 coming in a box set, due to the Orgor video for the new tyrant mentioning the Pack of Bones being broken (so Orgors have a lore link to Bonereapers).

Its possible since Skaven and Flesh-eaters Courts got released in a box set for their battletome launch.

We know the Bonereapers are launching in October and the Sisters of Battle box for 40k is for November, dunno if that means Sisters are getting a full release in November though if they do then they will be the last army release of the year (unless Orgors get unlucky).

Edited by Harpo2

I really hope if they are going to do a duel box that it appears first. the last thing I want is to spend a small fortune on Reapers and then a week later GW releases a discount box! (which is twice as bad as not only would I be spending "more" but also totally tapped out to buy more anyway)

Just now, Overread said:

Wait are we talking about leaked model photos or those screenshots of the website that lists the stuff they've shipped for GW?

There's been some pictures of rules from White Dwarf amongst others over the past week or so.  The shipping one was border line but we didn't spot it until it had well and truly done the rounds

Just now, Overread said:

Cause I think most of us have seen the latter but I'm not aware of any other leaks of photos besides the last Bonereaper leak ages ago. 

That's because the mods are pretty quick and hiding them 😉 #OnTheCase

Wait I'm confused now - are the mods working for or against the dedicated and hard working boffins of the GW Leaks Department? Is there a covert war going on? Do we need to pick sides and arm ourselves with potatoes? ? ? 

Also the whole doing the rounds thing is where I find the rule a bit odd because honestly once a leak is found the phtoso do do the rounds on facebook, news sites and other forums. So part of me doesn't get why the TGA site kinda tries to resist it (esp considering we've got a whole and popular thread specifically for rumours and not news)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Wait I'm confused now - are the mods working for or against the dedicated and hard working boffins of the GW Leaks Department? Is there a covert war going on? Do we need to pick sides and arm ourselves with potatoes? ? ? 

Also the whole doing the rounds thing is where I find the rule a bit odd because honestly once a leak is found the phtoso do do the rounds on facebook, news sites and other forums. So part of me doesn't get why the TGA site kinda tries to resist it (esp considering we've got a whole and popular thread specifically for rumours and not news)

It's not a rule unique to here however, most forums have it, how strict they are in enforcing it is another matter. 

With GW on the ball now, it's not long before leaks are announced officially.

While I do enjoy a good rumour I do prefer seeing the stuff announced from GW themselves without the potato cam pics.