The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW doesn't hold that much stock, esp these days with their higher sales volume. Heck a year or two back quite a lot of models were regularly out of stock. Heck look how fast the Order models when out of stock when GW ended their production. Hardly a day and their entire backlog of stock was gone. 

Plus if they've got stock then its boxed up ready for sale, which would mean paying staff a fortune to open up stock and rebox it. 

It's more likely that armies which don't appear as popular get a marketing boost with a discount box to encourage people to start/expand armies of them. 

I wonder if the poor Slaves to Darkness boxes will still be available their second Christmas.

Interesting to see GW being much more up front about phasing out their metal Sisters of Battle range. They've just announced the date they are stopping selling them, and the date after which they are ceasing production, and so stocks may start running out.

Can we hope that they've learnt something from the disastrous (for us, if not them) Cities of Sigmar squattings?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Definitely.

Why would someone buy it? 

There's been one at my shop this entire time and I keep thinking about it, if anything as marked StD troops for my Nurgle army, but just doesn't seem worth it to buy that much of their stuff all at once. More enticing is the Carrion Empire box that appeared(probably a held order that was never purchased). 

3 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Definitely.

This was a silly move. Why would someone buy it without Battletome on his way or available?
A Slave to Darkness release would be so simple, I still dont understand GW on this point. They just have to add to existing entries :

-All Warcry Warbands and Monster 

-All character from Silver Tower

-Warqueen

-All Underworlds Warbands 

-Cool rules

2 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

This was a silly move. Why would someone buy it without Battletome on his way or available?
A Slave to Darkness release would be so simple, I still dont understand GW on this point. They just have to add to existing entries :

-Warqueen

-Cool rules

Also please merge them with the Everchosen... 

3 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

-Warqueen

-Cool rules

The Order Silver Tower ones are mostly dumped already.

10 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Definitely.

I was going to buy one this month...... then freaking Bonereapers happened and scuppered all those plans

To me its a future investment as I don't see GW replacing most of those plastic kits included within it and I've already got a Slaanesh force and some Khorne as well so a Slaves army would let me merge bits of the two and come in support. Plus I've bought into the Warbands which also add into Slaves. 

The annoying thing is that now with Bonereapers chances are that Slaves box will go off sale come near Christmas (GW did that last year, pulling all the old "cities" blocks from Order for sale). 

4 hours ago, khadgar567 said:

slabes of darkness kinda intresting tome as most of its contents are kinda either released via warcry or being released cities of sigmar( which slaves of sigmar being chaos equvalent)  but I kinda see thr problem which is strong fluff to merge them.

I think the fluff is the least problem of Slaves to Darkness.

Personally i still thing that GW struggles with their rules because one wrong move and you overpower a whole faction like Nurgle or Khorne. But if they remove marks and gods for StD, well then you don't need StD at all.

• Like 3

I think leave them to get on with it, otherwise you get the cities of sigmar book but for chaos.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the book as it reads to me like a kneejerk release to silence a big noise that wouldnt  go away.

i don't want that for slaves, and yes, i totally agree that its a real balancing act with regards to how you handle them, its easy to speculate at this stage and it would be seriously off the mark, but if cities are anything to go by anything that was of an old design like chaos warriors and marauders could be phased out as the old dwarf models were.

anything which got a full makover during the 8th edition was an AoS aesthetic hidden in plain sight.

but im not trying to be negative here. Its pretty obvious that gw are working hard to really define the nature of what a chaos worshipper is in the mortal realms and so I really want them to get it right.  If thats going to take another year or more then so be it, rather than cave to the give us a book clamouring.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I think the fluff is the least problem of Slaves to Darkness.

Personally i still thing that GW struggles with their rules because one wrong move and you overpower a whole faction like Nurgle or Khorne. But if they remove marks and gods for StD, well then you don't need StD at all.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think leave them to get on with it, otherwise you get the cities of sigmar book but for chaos.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the book as it reads to me like a knee ******  release to silence a big noise that wouldnt  go away.

i don't want that for slaves, and yes, i totally agree that its a real balancing act with regards to how you handle them, its easy to speculate at this stage and it would be seriously off the mark, but if cities are anything to go by anything that was of an old design like chaos warriors and marauders could be phased out as the old dwarf models were.

anything which got a full makover during the 8th edition was an AoS aesthetic hidden in plain sight.

but im not trying to be negative here. Its pretty obvious that gw are working hard to really define the nature of what a chaos worshipper is in the mortal realms and so I really want them to get it right.  If thats going to take another year or more then so be it, rather than cave to the give us a book clamouring.

I kinda agree both of you as games workshop kinda needs cities of sigmar to be released so soup tribe based tome for slaves can be success both sides want. plus we are all kinda looking on what malerion cooking on ulgu which means we need more fluff teased before the dark and angelic elves can be safely released 

• Like 1

I think Marks is going and Cultists keyword will be in. The big change might be that all cultists have to be from the same cult whilst with Marks you could mix and match. However its impossible to tel at this stage. I do think the move from marks to cults will happen just because it means that GW no loner has to print the marks rules on every single warscroll. 

6 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

i can 100 percent confirm that ossiarchs are getting endless spells, ogors are getting a mawpot and we will see a “astrolithic skyshrine” scnery set before Xmas.

We've seen the order form which has rumoured the spells and mawpot - the Astrolithic Skyshrine though that is new!

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think Marks is going and Cultists keyword will be in. The big change might be that all cultists have to be from the same cult whilst with Marks you could mix and match. However its impossible to tel at this stage. I do think the move from marks to cults will happen just because it means that GW no loner has to print the marks rules on every single warscroll. 

At this point they don't even have to bother.

Chaos warriors were always about tribes joining different gods and fight for their attention. If they take this away they might as well give them the wood elves treatment. Give them goat legs, call them chaonothi and sell them for a weird niche game. I don't care anyways

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Saw a few pages ago that someone mentioned - endless spells for Ossiarch Bonereapers “if they are happening”.

i can 100 percent confirm that ossiarchs are getting endless spells, ogors are getting a mawpot and we will see a “astrolithic skyshrine” scnery set before Xmas. 

What's this prediction based off of? What's an Astrolithic Skyshrine? 🤔