The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

They still have their faction keyword.

I never said they didn't, just that it's meaningless until/if we get Devoted heroes added back in.

Which I think is more likely than not, Warrior Priests and Witch Hunters have a long pedigree in Warhammer, but it could be a long wait.

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

I never said they didn't, just that it's meaningless until/if we get Devoted heroes added back in.

Which I think is more likely than not, Warrior Priests and Witch Hunters have a long pedigree in Warhammer, but it could be a long wait.

It's not the only faction with a single unit, so nothing else is new.

Given the sheer variety of Witchhunters who star in their novels, it seems as though there is a great opportunity to do a massively customisable Witchhunter kit to represent all the different archetypes within it. I don't expect them to release any minis to tie into the upcoming RPG, but if they were to then it would be the perfect time.

23 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Given the sheer variety of Witchhunters who star in their novels, it seems as though there is a great opportunity to do a massively customisable Witchhunter kit to represent all the different archetypes within it. I don't expect them to release any minis to tie into the upcoming RPG, but if they were to then it would be the perfect time.

It is also possible they can add heroes for Warcry in the same way. A witch hunter would not be an improbable ally for most order factions and they did it with the chimera so maybe something they will consider... single blisters valid across multiple games are always a win-win

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Overread said:

The only things I think that really feel like they are missing that would have been nice to add are the mercenary and meeting engagement rules

Please take it with a grain of salt as I am not sure where to look for the statements from GW but:
-Mercanary Rules were mostly done with Open Play in Mind if I remember Correctly. There are Rules for Matched, but thats not the focus. Meanwhile the new book seems like more focused on Matched Play

Also: GW still has to keep a selling point for the GHB. Otherwise it would really decrease more in sales as it propably already does after the release

4 hours ago, madmac said:

Also the unlock requirement for battleline Flaggelants is simply that your general is human.  So devoted is very much a dead subfaction for now.

Yeah, not sure why they even bothered to keep the keyword. Earlier this year I came very close to starting a Devoted of Sigmar army. If I had done that, I think I'd be done buying GW stuff for a very long time right now. I did buy a witch hunter, but technically I bought him to use as an Inquisitor or Rogue Trader for 28mm Inquisitor, so I won't get too mad about it. At this point I'm still on the fence about getting the book for my Dwarfs since half of them are going to be counts as Freeguild. I might just wait around to see what happens with Warhammer Legends getting points and see if we get a Dwarfs release. Then I'd get to use even more old stuff and I'd finally have the motivation to actually do the repaint of Thorgrim Grudgebearer on his throne of power.

• LOVE IT! 1

I don't want to driven this threat into a vague direction again, yet I'm really eager to know if there are news on any new Chaos Faction?

I was especially hoping for new chaos warriors, I recall someone mentioned it lately.

It would be a charm to know before I might dive into bonereapers.

Personally I am torn between the aesthetics of the Reapers. If there's one thing I have to criticize about AoS it's the mono-theme of the later armies.

4 hours ago, Marucho said:

I don't want to driven this threat into a vague direction again, yet I'm really eager to know if there are news on any new Chaos Faction?

I was especially hoping for new chaos warriors, I recall someone mentioned it lately.

It would be a charm to know before I might dive into bonereapers.

Personally I am torn between the aesthetics of the Reapers. If there's one thing I have to criticize about AoS it's the mono-theme of the later armies.

Mono themes depends on the army though - Gloomspite Gitz has about 3 core themes within its army and does really well for it. It was a massive release though and a lot of new and updated stuff was added to the force; many other AoS armies are thus far much smaller with only a handful of models (many of which are duel kits) so that drastically reduces their visual variety. It's something that will hopefully be resolved in time as GW adds more variety to those armies. 

As for Chaos there's no news at all. Right now it looks like the last thing for AoS that's big will possibly be Ogres which, far as we know, is still on for This year, though could always slip its dates and they are already hinted at November, the last month before Christmas and not forgetting November is also full with Sisters of Battle that will likely take up at least 2 weeks of releases (half the month). 

So now its looking to 2020 for Slaves to Darkness to get an update, when itsn't known nor its nature, but I'd water Q1 along with Seraphon, KO and Tzeentch getting updated 2.0 Battletomes which should take the whole game nearly into 2.0. 

DoK actually look fine with their current crop, the only odd model is the Cauldron and that sort of looked odd always. Most of their sculpts are pretty new anyway, the only older sculpt might be the riders, but I don't think they'll be updated any time soon. I'd rather see them fleshed out with more options - perhaps some beasties or shadow monsters, a form of artillery; some new infantry types;  a giant monster; a new leader etc... 

Same for many of the other smaller forces, I'd rather see them diversify and broaden before they are revisited for updated sculpts. 

6 hours ago, Overread said:

DoK actually look fine with their current crop, the only odd model is the Cauldron and that sort of looked odd always. Most of their sculpts are pretty new anyway, the only older sculpt might be the riders, but I don't think they'll be updated any time soon. I'd rather see them fleshed out with more options - perhaps some beasties or shadow monsters, a form of artillery; some new infantry types;  a giant monster; a new leader etc... 

Same for many of the other smaller forces, I'd rather see them diversify and broaden before they are revisited for updated sculpts. 

I would love some armoured DoK models to suplement the unarmoured ones, like in that art for that RPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Killamike said:

So did anything come out of these books having no faction terrain but having different rules to make up for it?

Or were they just blowing smoke?

There are several "Vandalized" tokens shown in the Orruk Warscrolls set.

I think they refer to terrain but I don't know what they effects are.

41 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

Has there been any mention of a new faction of duardin in any of the books or lore ??

Not at all, no. If anything what few hints we get are towards Dispossessed eventually becoming something. The Fyreslayers talks about a possible alliance between Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and KO, and also drops hints that Grugni is up to something or other.

7 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

I would love some armoured DoK models to suplement the unarmoured ones, like in that art for that RPG

I could see DoK getting some elite guard type warriors, heavily armoured and perhaps slower but a solid tarpit unit to compliment their glass cannon witches and sisters.

As for new armies there's always hints, the lore is rife with options in AoS from realm themed armies to subfactions to niche groups. 

As for today all hints suggest more Underworlds. We might also get some 40K and heck GW could pair them up, otherwise expect more Beastgrave.

• Thanks 1