The Rumour Thread

Just now, michu said:

Orruks? Least popular? Disagree. Even if they are not that popular right now it's because of lack of GW's focus. All kinds of greenskinz were always one of the most popular factions in both games.

I said that Destruction is the least popular grand alliance, and I don't think you can objectively dispute that.  Ironjawz is popular, but bonesplittaz was not, and nothing else in the range until Gloomspite was popular in AoS either. 

I also played WHFB, and Orcs and Gobbos were never one of the most popular factions either. Daemons, High Elves, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts were always at the top of popularity. When the new Ogre tome came out, it easily eclipsed O&G as well. Orcs and Gobbos were not a fringe army like Wood elves and Tomb Kings, but they were not one of the most popular either. They were solidly in the middle of the pack. 

24 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I said that Destruction is the least popular grand alliance, and I don't think you can objectively dispute that.  Ironjawz is popular, but bonesplittaz was not, and nothing else in the range until Gloomspite was popular in AoS either. 

I also played WHFB, and Orcs and Gobbos were never one of the most popular factions either. Daemons, High Elves, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts were always at the top of popularity. When the new Ogre tome came out, it easily eclipsed O&G as well. Orcs and Gobbos were not a fringe army like Wood elves and Tomb Kings, but they were not one of the most popular either. They were solidly in the middle of the pack. 

Not saying you're wrong but maybe you're talking from Tournament play experience?. They were never popular amongst competitive players, but they were one of the most common sights in all the FLGS I have put my foot in over the years.

Still, I agree with you about not expecting vanilla orcs for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, TheMuphinMan said:

so if they made a Sigmar model, what weapon would he use because the Celestant Prime is borrowing his hammer IIRC. 

Well he DID use his hammer until he and his armor crumbled to dust.

I would assume Lady Olynder has the hammer now ???O.o

Edited by Kurrilino

3 hours ago, Jator said:

It's a bit weird how both Ironjawz and Bonesliterz are described in relation to regular orcs (Ones being the toughest while the others being the craziest) yet nothing as a "normal orc" is talked about. I understand vanilla greenskin are not a thing anymore, but maybe they could have use ardboys to fit that role?

I thought the wording of that was just allowing them to keep the option for adding more warclans in the future.

2 hours ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

Excuse me? Who has the Hammer now?

Olynder was mentioned. Because she killed the celestant prime in the last campaign, but it may be unclear where the hammer is?

either way maybe he will eventually get a rules update sometime in the future 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

2 hours ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

Excuse me? Who has the Hammer now?

The Prime went against Olynder to prevent her from freeing Nagash's "mysterious" creature.

He almost won but was killed in the end by Olynder. Since nobody else but Olynder and her Ghosts were around, i assume they have the hammer now. Everything else needs an exceptional explanation.