The Rumour Thread

I did a bit Aelven project a few months ago, and pretty much everything came in a white box with both sorts of bases. That was the case both when I was getting the first few bits near the start of the year, and later when I grabbed the last few as they were discontinuing things. The only ones I recall having a red box were the Archmages and the Dragonlord. I guess since they were discontinuing those they didn't update them.

I'd guess they won't be actively bothering to print boxes with the old trade dress, but they are not about to scrap any that they happen to have left, so there could be the odd red box still floating around.

The Soul Wars

As the Soul Wars rage across the Mortal Realms, orruks of all stripes have taken advantage of the mayhem to smash more stuff than ever before! With the opening of the Stormvaults, Gordrakk, the Fist of Gork is planning devastation on a truly massive scale, looting the skull of the godbeast Hammergord in order to mount it on a gigantic battering ram…

From the end of the lore write up on Orruks that is on the community site.

Gordrakk's planing something big and needs a God tier battering ram.

Maybe he is planing an invasion of Azyr?

Edited by Harpo2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

From the end of the lore write up on Orruks that is on the community site.

Gordrakk's planing something big and needs a God tier battering ram.

Maybe he is planing an invasion of Azyr?

That's pretty much exactly it. Gordrakk feels betrayed that the stormcast turned out to be like all the others; not worthy foes but instead building cities and such. Only Sigmar's left. From the Forbidden Power story a few weeks ago: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/06/forbidden-power-the-hammer-god/https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/06/forbidden-power-the-hammer-god/

‘Now da Hammer God hides up in the stars. He’s forgotten who he was. But I know. I can kick over every one of his precious little cities. I can duff up the biggest and ’ardest of his champions. I can grind these realms to dust beneath me boot. But I ain’t never gonna be satisfied until I can get at the git that fought Gorkamorka to a standstill.’ The hulking orruk shook his head. ‘I ain’t gonna be satisfied until I’ve had a crack at the Hammer God.’

[...]

‘Hammergord, fer the Hammer God. If he won’t come and fight me, then I won’t give him the choice. I’ll smash up his poncy empire. I’ll break down the gate to his star-realm myself if I gotta. I’ll crush everything in my way until there’s just me, an’ him. The Great Green God and the Hammer God. And then we’ll see who’s best.’

‘Get the boyz to build a ram, Urgak my lad,’ Gordrakk chortled. His eyes never left Hammergord’s skull. ‘I got plans fer this thing. An’ I know just what to test it out on first.’

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I did a bit Aelven project a few months ago, and pretty much everything came in a white box with both sorts of bases. That was the case both when I was getting the first few bits near the start of the year, and later when I grabbed the last few as they were discontinuing things. The only ones I recall having a red box were the Archmages and the Dragonlord. I guess since they were discontinuing those they didn't update them.

I'd guess they won't be actively bothering to print boxes with the old trade dress, but they are not about to scrap any that they happen to have left, so there could be the odd red box still floating around.

Weired. I bought a ton of high elves during AoS and they all came in red boxes.

12 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That's pretty much exactly it. Gordrakk feels betrayed that the stormcast turned out to be like all the others; not worthy foes but instead building cities and such. Only Sigmar's left. From the Forbidden Power story a few weeks ago: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/06/forbidden-power-the-hammer-god/https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/06/forbidden-power-the-hammer-god/

Largely unfounded hyperbole, but part of me's convinced we'll be seeing a Guilliman sized Sigmar figure for the game's 5th anniversary next summer.  😉

1 hour ago, michu said:

It's a bit weird how both Ironjawz and Bonesliterz are described in relation to regular orcs (Ones being the toughest while the others being the craziest) yet nothing as a "normal orc" is talked about. I understand vanilla greenskin are not a thing anymore, but maybe they could have use ardboys to fit that role?

• Like 5

Normal Greenskinz are defo coming  with the redone Goblin Wolfriders, I wager the next starter set will be Order vs Destruction perfect place to redo orc boys and normal gobbos.  The Orc Boar boys are amazing models and will get re-released, and the redo the rock lobbas and doom divers.  Job done.

Edited by kench1
  • Like 3

‘Get the boyz to build a ram, Urgak my lad,’ Gordrakk chortled. His eyes never left Hammergord’s skull. ‘I got plans fer this thing. An’ I know just what to test it out on first.’

I wonder what Gordrakk is planning to test it on then if he is not going straight for Azyr.

45 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Largely unfounded hyperbole, but part of me's convinced we'll be seeing a Guilliman sized Sigmar figure for the game's 5th anniversary next summer.  😉

That'll be right around the time that 40k kills/resurrects the emperor and it'll be a Sigmar/emperor dual kit. At least that's what the voices in my head my sources tell me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, kench1 said:

Normal Greenskinz are defo coming  with the redone Goblin Wolfriders, I wager the next starter set will be Order vs Destruction perfect place to redo orc boys and normal gobbos.  The Orc Boar boys are amazing models and will get re-released, and the redo the rock lobbas and doom divers.  Job done.

I would not bet on this. GW really seems to be moving away from the "Normal" style units.  If normal Greenskins were going to be added back, it would be in the Orruk tome. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Overread said:

Right now its not really neglect its just the order of releases. Some armies were first and some were last; thus far GW hasn't double-released any faction in the 2.0 releases. Some armies were first and some were last; heck lets not forget Destruction started the year with 1 working Battletome and maintained that right up until just over a week from now where they get a second and then there's a potential third at the very end of the year. 

Seraphon, Tzeentch, Slaves and KO should be seeing new Tomes early into 2021. At GW's current speed then at worst end of April should see all of 2.0 with battletomes. This might come sooner if they duel release any and could come later if they throw out another surprise like Ossiarchs. Otherwise April to May should see AoS finally arrive at a fully functional 2.0 system! 

At least that's my guess based on 1 tome a month and GW's current release pace, and assuming no more trade hiccups.  And that's forgetting that October is going to have 3 battletomes (Orruks, Cities and Ossiarch) so clearly if GW wants to they can push them out fast (though granted in the grand scheme of things Orruks and Cities are apparent delays after sylavaneth)

God I hope we don’t have to wait until 2021!! 

Surely Archaon is planning to strike soon. He’s calling everyone to fight to his favour through Warcry! 

Im not too fussed if Darkoath was an idea that they have moved on from, as long as Everchosen/slaves gets the battletome it needs and updated models. 

• Like 1

People make a mistake thinking that Greenskinz can't be regular Orruks and AoS-style units at the same time - you just need to take one aspect of them and enhance it. Maybe boar chariots or maybe siege machines, who knows? GW definitely can come up with something. Just don't make them stronger (IJ) or wild (BS) and they are regular Orruks but with a theme.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, michu said:

People make a mistake thinking that Greenskinz can't be regular Orruks and AoS-style units at the same time - you just need to take one aspect of them and enhance it. Maybe boar chariots or maybe siege machines, who knows? GW definitely can come up with something. Just don't make them stronger (IJ) or wild (BS) and they are regular Orruks but with a theme.

I just don't see this happening.  I don't see why GW would take the risk of this, when they could expand the IJ, which are already incredibly popular or the bonesplittaz.  I honestly don't really think a regular Greenskinz style with a small twist being all that popular when we already have IJ and bonesplittaz.  While I can accept Gloomspite as a counterpoint, I would add that Gloomspite was pretty unique, and it was also a medley of combining many old units together. It also focused more on Goblins rather than Orruks. 

Since all the regular greenskinz stuff is no longer sold and likely squatted, it's even less likely we see something. I think it is far more likely that we will see a new destruction faction and updates to the existing lines rather than seeing a generic greenskinz style with a small theme.

I could be wrong here, but logically I think this is the most likely outcome. 

• Like 1

No, the new "regular" Greenskinz don't have to look like the old ones. They just need to not be like IJ and BS. Maybe instead of chariots they would adapt old Snotling Pump Wagons? IJ are like Goffs, BS like Snakebites and regular Orruks could use ramshackle vehicles full of spikes to vanquish their enemies  - basically fantasy Evil Sunz. There are many options.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, michu said:

No, the new "regular" Greenskinz don't have to look like the old ones. They just need to not be like IJ and BS. Maybe instead of chariots they would adapt old Snotling Pump Wagons? IJ are like Goffs, BS like Snakebites and regular Orruks could use ramshackle vehicles full of spikes to vanquish their enemies  - basically fantasy Evil Sunz. There are many options.

This is still Orruks with a twist or a theme though, and again I don't really think GW would think it's worth the investment over a new destruction concept or expanding the exiting Orruk range. 

We have to be realistic here, and understand that destruction is the least popular grand alliance, likely by a significant margin,  and it's going to affect GW's risk appetite for expansions. While Gloomspite and soon to be Warclans and Mawtribes has breathed new life into the grand alliance and brought in lots of new blood, it is still the most risky of the ranges to work on.

With that in mind, another Orruk faction is likely a non-starter for the moment. We also know from several retailer sources that most of the revenue from the factions is the initial launch.  With all this taken into account, It is much more likely we will see a brand new concept for a destruction rather than another version of the Orruks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neffelo said:

We have to be realistic here, and understand that destruction is the least popular grand alliance, likely by a significant margin,  and it's going to affect GW's risk appetite for expansions. While Gloomspite and soon to be Warclans and Mawtribes has breathed new life into the grand alliance and brought in lots of new blood, it is still the most risky of the ranges to work on.

Orruks? Least popular? Disagree. Even if they are not that popular right now it's because of lack of GW's focus. All kinds of greenskinz were always one of the most popular factions in both games.