The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Seraphon were literally just shown in the art with the Ironjawz on Sunday. Clearly GW think they fit the Mortal Realms, at least. 

3094E6D0-1A8C-4C31-B52A-5997BE06AB1E.jpeg

You mean GW's artists think so.  There have been countless contradictions in battletomes this year between what the artists and photographers have included, and what has been outright removed by corporate.  The most recent mistake possibly being cities of sigmar, unless GW adds some models back to the store ASAP.

I'm talking about books that was released not CoS or Orruks. There weren't any discussions about such mistakes since Skaven Battletome.

And remember that artists receive descriptions of their pictures from the companies - that new Saurus armour is probably artistic licence but not Seraphon's presence.

3 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

You mean GW's artists think so.  There have been countless contradictions in battletomes this year between what the artists and photographers have included, and what has been outright removed by corporate.  The most recent mistake possibly being cities of sigmar, unless GW adds some models back to the store ASAP.

There were a few examples, but I wouldn't call it countless.

Poison wind mortar is the most egregious, as it's visible on a group photo even in the battletome that removed it. The rest of the dawnspire counts too - it was marketed as AoS and then removed. 

Dwarf cannons removed right after giving them mercenary rules.

Community article praising Greenskinz boss right after his removal also goes here.

Apart from that... skycutter on official art and in malign portents, maybe? Witchhunters in novels? I don't remember anything else being marketed before squatting.

6 minutes ago, dekay said:

The rest of the dawnspire counts too - it was marketed as AoS and then removed. 

I wouldn't count it - aelven part of IoB wasn't shown anymore long before the squatting.

EDIT: And I wasn't counting such things like Cannons because they weren't squatted when mercenary companies were shown. And that Greenzkinz article was written by a fan and not an employee.

Edited by michu

1 hour ago, dekay said:

I don't remember anything else being marketed before squatting.

Only other ones I remember are the mounted Slaanesh lord being in promotional art but not in the book. Bonesplitterz wyvern was in some art but does not have rules. The organ gun was shown this morning and I don’t think that’s in the cities book (and will probably be transitioning out of matched play next year)

I would say there is definitely a disconnect with the Art, Community, Rules teams... but it’s not a huge disconnect imo. Just a frustrating one.

Edited by svnvaldez

Are there rumors that Lizards will be removed? I don't see GW doing that. They appear to be popular at least from what I've seen and heard. GW just needs to nail down exactly what they are. That could be one reason for their 2.0 being so late, they are trying to solidify what exactly their role is. Order daemons that look like Aztec dinosaur men that are created by nostalgic frogmen and may or may not continue to exist or have free will is kinda too vague. Correct me if anything new has come up.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Ironbreaker said:

Are there rumors that Lizards will be removed? I don't see GW doing that. They appear to be popular at least from what I've seen and heard. GW just needs to nail down exactly what they are. That could be one reason for their 2.0 being so late, they are trying to solidify what exactly their role is. Order daemons that look like Aztec dinosaur men that are created by nostalgic frogmen and may or may not continue to exist or have free will is kinda too vague. Correct me if anything new has come up.

That was from my wild conjecture for 3.0, not from anything GW has indicated.

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

Art has never really connected. There are loads of things shown in art that never make it or which get removed. Art I'm ok with - the community site though they really should be more involved as its clear sometimes they don't know all the future plans when they make up articles. 

As for art, I just realised that there are people who only remember the time when art strived to only reflect the models, and immediately felt old :D

For most of Warhammer's history, the link between pictures and actual model line was a lot more relaxed, I think that what we see now is a result of the same legal fail that made them remove the rules for everything that didn't have a model.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the reason Seraphon and Slaves have yet to be updated is because these two may be the next starter box / main plot armies. 

Natural enemies if I'm not mistaken...

Seraphon are the ying to Chaos yang in the lore right?

Seems to me that updating these two at the same time makes sense. 

Just speculation. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Maybe the reason Seraphon and Slaves have yet to be updated is because these two may be the next starter box / main plot armies. 

Natural enemies if I'm not mistaken...

Seraphon are the ying to Chaos yang in the lore right?

Seems to me that updating these two at the same time makes sense. 

Just speculation. 

Order 'daemons' vs Chaos daemons would be a sick box... both having big monsters to clash against one another!

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Art has never really connected. There are loads of things shown in art that never make it or which get removed. Art I'm ok with - the community site though they really should be more involved as its clear sometimes they don't know all the future plans when they make up articles. 

Yes, there's fewer instances of the actual models being shown incorrectly (though we'll see if the cities of sigmar photographs also fix themselves by bringing back removed models?), but the art often seems to lean towards things that are removed or no longer supported in the range.

8 minutes ago, xking said:

I also forgot to mention, the Seas and the oceans of the Mortal realms are home to a dazzling array of Aquatic Life. So we can't go for it without mentioning fishing, some things we will see in our world, to massive sea serpents. The realm of death is particularly noted for getting most of its locally-produced food from the Seas and the oceans, even in the age of myth the people of this realm had produced a technology to hunt massive sea creatures beneath the waves, however we don't know if they still possess it.

It should be noted that the city of Glymmsforge has an entire Great Lake within its walls that they use as a massive Fishery, so we got aquaculture as well.

Now you're just making me imagine what kind of incredibly dense and specialized creatures would exist in quick silver seas and lakes. They would put our real life deep sea animals to shame.  

Edited by Ironbreaker
Grammar
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Now you're just making me imagine what kind of incredibly dense and specialized creatures would exist in quick silver seas and lakes. They would put our real life deep sea animals to shame.  

So if I fight a death army, it's to go fish for the best sushi in the realms?

• Haha 2

So what does everyone think that Heros are going to be like for Cities of Sigmar since there is such a diverse battleline option list? A lot of the current Command abilities for msc. WHFB Heros state that that their command ability only has an effect on specific key words. I'm wondering if they reworded a lot of the Command Abilities so that the key word is "City of Sigmar" units, however that may lead to some real strong synergies. I know they mentioned on Monday with the Faction Focus: Cities of Sigmar, that units would likely be better if certain Heros were taken as your General, depending on what you plan to field.

Most heroes will most likely synergise better within their own faction with few exceptions. I do expect the cross faction abilities to be more linked to the city so that all leaders with that keyword can affect units with the same keyword.

I don’t believe GW is going to leave the Witch Hunter without model for long, there’s just too many protagonists in many books. Pity cause it was not a bad model but I’m sure a better one is on his way soon...

• Like 1

With how full the remainder of 2019 is and considering that GW hates me I'm going to speculate/assume that Mawtribes is going to be an early 2020 release, with the rumored Bonereaper vs Ogre box releasing alongside it.  Like the situation between Gloomspite and Sylvaneth, one faction will release first (Gloomspite/Bonereapers), then several months later, the other faction (Sylvaneth/Ogres) will get a book coinciding with the battle box. The tyrant will be like the Loonboss on Cave Squig, an update to a pre-existing model that's exclusive to the battle box, the store page will still have the old one.

Only issue with this is that Bonereapers are a new faction, so any hero that releases with the box couldn't be an update like the Loonboss, because there wouldn't be a hero to update. They'd have to be a hero that releases alongside the Bonereaper book, which diminishes the value of the battle box (no shiny new model for the Bonereapers), or the hero would have rules in the book, but no actual model for GW to sell, which GW doesn't do, or it would have rules that come with the battle box, and the Bonereaper book would be out-of-date almost immediately.

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes, but I don't see any other scenario where ogres get an updated Tyrant; only updating one model would be kinda weird, and I don't see any reality where ogres get a more substantial update. Maybe the box will be against a different faction, I don't know anything.