The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Mutton said:

Hopefully some kind of regular cannon is still in the book. I'd hate for my multitude of great cannons and flame cannons to sit around gathering dust (like they currently are). Not sure what I'd even be able to proxy them as otherwise.

I'd probably proxy them as volley guns, I can't see anyone giving you a hard time over it.

17 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

I didn't say all, I meant very vague, with named places from all over the realms, includeing major realm gates, but leaveing out most of the map as blank to allow for creativeity. I think it would be nice to have a large map of the realms with no real features other then dots and crosses labled as battle sites of super famous battles or cities. with everything inbetween blank. maybe with relevant stuff for a specific faction and half dozen stuff that is relevant to all. 

but what ever, i am not expecting it. just hoping for it. there is a difference.

@madmac now i kinda want to build a themed arm around that.

We would need mostly metaphysical or vague kind of maps, like this:

C6qu0kL.jpg

Something rich enough to spark imagination and wonder, but vague enough to let us define the character and outline. A land of red grass and hot-sap woods in Aqshy? Great. A verdant parch of steaming jungles, a calm landscape with explosive, mercurial people, or a section of Aqshy so affected by the Gate of 

Now that we're at it, a question: Some realms have their obvious counterparts, but some don't.

ULGU - HYISH - Light vs darkness. Understanding vs obfuscation.

GHYRAN - SHYISH - Obvious.

AQSHY - AZYR? - We could think of this as Apollonian vs Dyonisian. Rational thinking, prudence, order, vs passion, instinct and emotionality.

CHAMON - GHUR? - Maybe change according to strict rules vs random change?

It's clear that the Eight Winds of Magic were not a very well thought out concept.

• Like 1

@Cèsar de Quart I disagree with you. That would work the opposite (at least for me). I think that realms are good as they are. Want something better known - you have maps of regions of Aqshy, Ghyran, Shyish and Chamon (and when AoS RPG will be released there will be much more). Want something unknown - create it however you want, we have basic rules that realms follow.

And with the wind of magic - I think that Chamon and Ghur are counterparts on the basis of technology vs. wilderness or change for the sake of change (Chamon) and change to adapt and survive (Ghur).

Edited by michu
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JangutzKhan said:

Any scoop as to when the last two Warcry warbands will be released ?

No a squeak yet, not even any hints of the models save for potential images in the photo hints GW releases each week - though they can be super hard to predict what they will be. Eg the lizard skin turned out to be a cloak of dead lizard hung over a space marines shoulder rather than any beast or monster or seraphon lizard.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Which is a bit eh... It's appropriate for CoS as they're to some degree the baseline of the mortal realms and attuned to the spells of the different realms, etc, so they should be using the standard endless spells and using them well. With the bonesplitters/ironjawz, they're so distinctly associated with Ghur (I know orks get everywhere but still) that this feels more half-assed than for CoS.

doesnt really matter. But I assumed the reason for that bonus is simply having  an order wizard model for every realm. (unless they are also cut)

13 hours ago, Overread said:

I wonder if BL has had trouble shifting non-release tied books as of late. The early AoS novels were not bad, but they were VERY Stormcast heavy and very battle focused so they lacked a lot of worldbuilding as most of it was "might stormcast being mighty and beating up chaos". Now that's a gross simplification and there were many allies through that such as the Sylvaneth - however I think it tainted some against AoS and the novels in general. 

It might be that the stigma has stuck a bit and that thus books tied to battletomes and launches have done better (by association); whilst something like the new Gotrek stuff could be doing far better based on his past and fanbase. 

Without any hard numbers its really tricky to tell. Hopefully the lore parts of the Cities books and the general increasing Battletomes and things like the novellas will steadily push back and get the AoS lore far more popular in general. 

I really enjoyed the early AOS novels, because I could then recreate the battles in the novels (with different armies) by using the campaign books.  It felt like a really cohesive design that everything worked together for a living narrative that was constantly updating.

The current way of doing releases and lore really does not interest me anymore.  I'd rather a campaign book every quarter or every six months that was constantly moving the story forward that was tied into novels and army releases.   Really I just want campaign books in the style of the realmgate wars ones.  They were great.

20 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Gonna say ogor. Looks similar to the two handed weapon the old tyrant had if I remember correctly. Maybe the new butcher? 

Too adorned to be Ogor IMO. And the  columned part just below the head doesn't mesh with any chaos aesthetic. That part looks aelvish, but a mace?  I would say dwarf, but how could that be?  This one is a stumper..... (no pun intended).

14 hours ago, Overread said:

I wonder if BL has had trouble shifting non-release tied books as of late. The early AoS novels were not bad, but they were VERY Stormcast heavy and very battle focused so they lacked a lot of worldbuilding as most of it was "might stormcast being mighty and beating up chaos". Now that's a gross simplification and there were many allies through that such as the Sylvaneth - however I think it tainted some against AoS and the novels in general. 

It might be that the stigma has stuck a bit and that thus books tied to battletomes and launches have done better (by association); whilst something like the new Gotrek stuff could be doing far better based on his past and fanbase. 

Without any hard numbers its really tricky to tell. Hopefully the lore parts of the Cities books and the general increasing Battletomes and things like the novellas will steadily push back and get the AoS lore far more popular in general. 

I've tried reading some of them but yeah, I just could not get into them. Basically, if you're not into Stormcast they're a don't bother. Also, BL novels got jacked up in price outside of the omnibuses some years ago so I generally don't get them anyways.

I did eventually read Soul Wars and City of Secrets but I'd really only consider them okay as far as novels go. They were fun to read and helped build the world more even with Soul Wars still having a strong Stormcast focus (I read it for the Nighthaunt really). I feel like GW trying to engineer a space marine phenomenon with the Stormcast has hurt AoS as they were hyper focused on creating supermen when AoS launched..

As happy as I am for Cities of Sigmar it irks me that they are sticking Stormcast in there instead of just having them be allies. It feels like if they put Space Marines in the Imperial Guard codex. I understand GW loves Stormcast more than God loves humanity and I applaud their self-restraint in not releasing a new Stormcast Chamber in over a year but still, GW could have chilled a bit more and let a human be on the cover without a Stormcast looking over his shoulder.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, chord said:

I really enjoyed the early AOS novels, because I could then recreate the battles in the novels (with different armies) by using the campaign books.  It felt like a really cohesive design that everything worked together for a living narrative that was constantly updating.

The current way of doing releases and lore really does not interest me anymore.  I'd rather a campaign book every quarter or every six months that was constantly moving the story forward that was tied into novels and army releases.   Really I just want campaign books in the style of the realmgate wars ones.  They were great.

Campaign stories on their own are not a bad idea; I think the core issue was that they were campaigns released at time when many wanted stories and grounding in the Mortal Realms. Furthermore they were VERY Stormcast heavy, so anyone that wasn't rocking up with Stormcast likely felt left out a bit. Even when other races did jump in they had stormcast allies saving them/helping them. 

Hopefully if GW does a campaign system in teh future the army spread will be far more diverse 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I've tried reading some of them but yeah, I just could not get into them. Basically, if you're not into Stormcast they're a don't bother. Also, BL novels got jacked up in price outside of the omnibuses some years ago so I generally don't get them anyways.

I did eventually read Soul Wars and City of Secrets but I'd really only consider them okay as far as novels go. They were fun to read and helped build the world more even with Soul Wars still having a strong Stormcast focus (I read it for the Nighthaunt really). I feel like GW trying to engineer a space marine phenomenon with the Stormcast has hurt AoS as they were hyper focused on creating supermen when AoS launched..

As happy as I am for Cities of Sigmar it irks me that they are sticking Stormcast in there instead of just having them be allies. It feels like if they put Space Marines in the Imperial Guard codex. I understand GW loves Stormcast more than God loves humanity and I applaud their self-restraint in not releasing a new Stormcast Chamber in over a year but still, GW could have chilled a bit more and let a human be on the cover without a Stormcast looking over his shoulder.

Well, there are a human and a dwarf, so that's TWO mortals (but there are four Stormcast, so it evens out, for some interpretation of evening out).

Edited by zilberfrid

I don't think it's an ogre weapon. Looks like the core is stone but the trim is fancier than even the fanciest current ogre weapons. The proportions look different too, given the size of the shaft it would be a pretty small head (*waggles cigar*) which makes me think it's probably roughly human-scaled.

Kroxigor doesn't seem impossible - the stone core and the regularity of the spikes - but their weapons so far are more obviously Mesoamerican in style.

I think this is going to be a weapon for the Spire Tyrants warcry dudes.

• Like 2